Anthony's Closed

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
Where is/was Anthony's? Is Bobby's Place still open - someone mentioned a sign in the door?

Anthony's was on State Street. Bobby's will be open Thursday.

Guest Guest

I can't understand why it would close.

It was great if you had an hour and a half at lunchtime to order and get a sandwich with fries.

His food was always good (at least what I had), with the exception of the last few years when the garlic knots were a day old, pretty stale and hard to bite.

His calimari appetizer was enormous, enough for a whole meal.

I had to stop going there because it took forever to get my food.

Guest Guest

Another closure in the "vibrant and thriving" City of Binghamton?

How can this be?

Didn't they hear about the muni wifi?

Did the Mayor's office send a representative over for the closing as they do for all openings?

The 15% increase in business tax and skyrocketing crime in Binghamton would not have had anything to do with this closure, did it?

Guest another guest
I can't understand why it would close.

It was great if you had an hour and a half at lunchtime to order and get a sandwich with fries.

His food was always good (at least what I had), with the exception of the last few years when the garlic knots were a day old, pretty stale and hard to bite.

His calimari appetizer was enormous, enough for a whole meal.

I had to stop going there because it took forever to get my food.

Does anyone know why Bobby's is close till Thursday?

I guess we all saw that one coming...

Anthony's, well simply put sucked. The one and only time I was there the sewer backed up flooding sewage all over the dining room and bar floor. This happened the very moment our food was served. Needless to say our appetite was lost. The staff and management did nothing to ease any customers discomfort. No attempt in closing for the evening was even remotely considered. They carried on with business as usual. My group stood up, tossed money on the table and we left.

No I don't care in the least that Anthony's has closed.

Anthony's, well simply put sucked. The one and only time I was there the sewer backed up flooding sewage all over the dining room and bar floor. This happened the very moment our food was served. Needless to say our appetite was lost. The staff and management did nothing to ease any customers discomfort. No attempt in closing for the evening was even remotely considered. They carried on with business as usual. My group stood up, tossed money on the table and we left.

ewwwwwwww ewwwwwwwwww AND ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Guest Guest

How can this be?

Did the Mayor's office send a representative over for the closing as they do for all openings?

The 15% increase in business tax and skyrocketing crime in Binghamton would not have had anything to do with this closure, did it?

you are one sick pup.

Guest Guest

I'm suddenly wondering if the last garlic knots I ate that were hard as a rock were actually garlic knots! :huh:

ewwwwwww

Guest Guest

How can this be?

Ed --- you're more tedious by the day.

Guest Guest
Ed --- you're more tedious by the day.

At least he post's the truth! Keep on posting the truth Ed!

It only hurts them and we all know who they are!!!

Guest Guest

Stop talking about yourself in the third person ed - it is creepy - real real creepy

Guest Guest

How can this be?

Anthony is a crackhead - so we should not have wifi in Binghamton? WTF? You are so far over the edge now ed it is pathetic!

Guest Guest

Who says it's the truth?

Guest anotherguest
Interesting.. How long has Bobby's not been open?

I heard the one partner at Bobby's is now at Stu's - is why the liquor license lapse?

Guest guest

The sign on Anthony's front door says they will reopen Monday at 4 PM. There is also another sign that says they are closed St. Pat's weekend. Maybe they are just on vacation??

Guest Mind Your Business

How can this be?

I feel bad for the owner.

The question is though whether the powers that be in Binghamton will tout this as part of their economic development successes.

Archived