Superintendent lives outside district

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

The new (a few years ago) superintendent of schools in Owego was asked to relocate into the district. He has not done this. BTW there are many houses for sale in Owego and Apalachin.

Does the superintendent of schools for your district live in the district? Was it a mandatory term of employment?

Wow...the story behind that link is pretty annoying!!! :huh:

Who'da thunk that would be the response to this kind of (what I would call rational) thinking:

requirements are justified because employees who live where they work have a greater stake in the community.

Just something more to complain about?

Guest Friends in PA

The Superintendent for Chenango Forks lives in PA. Makes 122,000 and hides nicely from answering questions and concerns from parents. Bob Bundy is a real hoot!

Not sure where his shadow of a Vice Superintendent lives but pretty sure she lives in the district. Carol (I do not know ) Denz she makes 100,000.

Do you people really care where these administrators live? Did you ever think that they lived where they live BEFORE they became administrators? Do YOU work in the town where you live? This post is as dumb as the person who posted it.

Guest Guest

Pretty poor that a superintendent takes big bucks out of the community and have no stake in a community where they supposedly support local efforts.

Guest Guest
Do you people really care where these administrators live? Did you ever think that they lived where they live BEFORE they became administrators? Do YOU work in the town where you live? This post is as dumb as the person who posted it.

Actually I do work where I live. I think the point the poster was trying to make (?) is that these people are paid by taxpayers and take a good chunk of our money out of our community.

Guest Guest

its a little low to go out of state, but all Superintendents are living in some other community, there's bound to be one in your community, and they all make about the same so who cares.

bob bundy thinks he is way above anthing taxpayers have to say anyway. our business needed a facility with a group of computers in one place and we asked him if they had one we could rent, he said "why would you think we should help you out?" well, bob, because we are big taxpayers who pay your salary! and oh by the way, your organization comes by dozens of times all year with their hand out- so we foolishly thought maybe favors go two ways.

Guest Guest
The new (a few years ago) superintendent of schools in Owego was asked to relocate into the district. He has not done this. BTW there are many houses for sale in Owego and Apalachin.

Does the superintendent of schools for your district live in the district? Was it a mandatory term of employment?

If it is in the superintendent's contract that he move, and he hasn't, then the Board can get rid of him.

Their website is not exactly up to date. Look at this page!

http://www.oacsd.org/welcome.html

Guest Guest
The same can be said for many cops, ff'ers, city/town/county officials. I think it stinks.

.... especially when the fire fighters live in an area protected by a volunteer fire department.

Guest Guest

Jason Andrews does not live in Windsor but he does live in the small town he grew up in and i really don't see anyone having a problem with this at all.

Guest Guest

The SOS told board members that he would move to Owego. That has yet to happen. He is just another addition to the list of poor candidates hired by the district.

Guest Guest

You post some really foolish stuff.

The whole point is that their salaries are paid with tax money.

Mine isn't.

Guest Guest

If the owego supt. has a residency clause in his contract they can get rid of him. local school districts seem to have a problem with promoting fom within- ie: people who already work in the district, know the community and have a track record. why always look outside of the area for replacements? do you think someone from anywhere else is better than someone from owego?

Guest Guestwho
If the owego supt. has a residency clause in his contract they can get rid of him. local school districts seem to have a problem with promoting fom within- ie: people who already work in the district, know the community and have a track record. why always look outside of the area for replacements? do you think someone from anywhere else is better than someone from owego?

Unfortunately, Owego has depleted their list of qualified district candidates. They have some big fish in a small pond who have run the district into the ground. It's sad to see.

Guest Guest

I agree that the district has problems. I don't see how a high priced administrator- who does not even want to live there, is going to help. Better to have the less qualified locals (what actually is qualified?!) who are interested in Owego than more qualified (again who determines qualified) who gets in his car every afternoon and leaves town as fast as possible.

You post some really foolish stuff.

The whole point is that their salaries are paid with tax money.

Mine isn't.

So what? Your taxes pay for garbage collection too, does that mean every DPW worker has to live in their municipality? For your information morons, only school board members are required to live in the district. Administrators and teachers can live where ever they like, just like you and me. If you don't like it, don't pay your taxes and see how far that gets you. Until then, think before you post.

Guest newpoint

I'm a teacher not an administrator but here's one big reason that I totally agree with for why some people don't want to live in the district they work in, especially admins. With your own children attending the school you work in, a conflict of interest would be cited by many people if problems arise. Would you really want to have to worry about the chance some teacher who you have an issue (especially a bad teacher) taking it out on your kid, its a lose lose thing. Or even more likely your kid does something dumb, as all kids will do from time to time and now you have to handle the discipline them in school as part of your job. I'm not saying its a definite but I know a few people who took tat into consideration when buying a home.

Guest Johnny Boy

There is no question that they should live in the State at least.The fact that we are close to the Pa border is no excuse for living in Pa. This is like an employee of ATT using a Verizon phone. We follow New York State Guidelines and mandates and one goes and lives where the rules do not apply. I can guarantee that the Superintendant of Blue Ridge does not live in New York and would not be allowed to. We would not let him.

There is no question that they should live in the State at least.The fact that we are close to the Pa border is no excuse for living in Pa. This is like an employee of ATT using a Verizon phone. We follow New York State Guidelines and mandates and one goes and lives where the rules do not apply. I can guarantee that the Superintendant of Blue Ridge does not live in New York and would not be allowed to. We would not let him.

How, exactly, would you "not let him?" Would you buy him a house? Pay his monthly mortgage? Hog-tie him to your pickup truck? He could live where ever he likes, so long as it does not adversely affect his job performance. Nice try though.

Guest Guest

Superintendents often don't live where they work. As far as I have seen they don't pretend to give DELETED about the community either. They are not pulling the wool over your eyes. Except maybe for the Owego guy who said he would move to Owego, and has not done so.

You get what you hire. If you want someone with an investment in the school system and supportive of the community than hire someone who won't mind living there.

Archived