2009 Softball

Guest guest

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest-guesto1-*
Can someone tell me what the @ at the bottom of pages means?

@

It is where the moderator (I think Holly) puts this sign to show herself where she has stopped reading.

@ Yep! ;)

HGL

Guest Guest
what do you think the outcome of first round sectionals will be

@

I think it will mostly be chalk, no major upsets really look very probable...

@

Guest KARMA

Another FINE coaching choice Joel Wilson, Our SV softball team gets knocked out in the first round of sectionals by none other than that powerhouse in softball Oneonta! Thats right............ ONEE-FREEKIN-ONTA, What next a loss to Norwich?! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK JOEL WILSON!

@

Guest Guest

Another FINE coaching choice Joel Wilson, Our SV softball team gets knocked out in the first round of sectionals by none other than that powerhouse in softball Oneonta! Thats right............ ONEE-FREEKIN-ONTA, What next a loss to Norwich?! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK JOEL WILSON!

Oneonta scrimmaged UE last week. I thought they were terrific. CV may have some problems with them again.

The pitcher is a great athlete

Guest Guest
very surprising bing ue game

@

I wasn't surprised at all, many of the players have tuned out the antics of the coach and just mailed it in for the season. The team has really not seemed to respond his tirades and verbal destructions of players. He is a knowledgeable coach but his actions have always been borderline. This is the reason that BU has never given him serious consideration for the job there, too much known baggage despite what would seem to be a very impressive resume.

Guest Guest

@

Put the blame on the people it really belongs

1. The parents who ran out the coach from the previous 2 years, beware what you ask for Stashko is a good coach and she wasn't going to favor your kids just because you got rid of the old coach.

2. The players who quit trying because the "already had college set up" those ladies better change their attitudes or they'll find they have no college team to play for. I've never seen supposed scholarship players stop trying because they just didn't want to play anymore like this group did.

Guest dd91127
Put the blame on the people it really belongs

1. The parents who ran out the coach from the previous 2 years, beware what you ask for Stashko is a good coach and she wasn't going to favor your kids just because you got rid of the old coach.

2. The players who quit trying because the "already had college set up" those ladies better change their attitudes or they'll find they have no college team to play for. I've never seen supposed scholarship players stop trying because they just didn't want to play anymore like this group did.

This is somewhat correct. One parent in particular ran to the board president to have the previous coach fired. This same player didn't like Stashko either. I think that it may be her inability to play the game and not the coaches fault at all.

Not all the seniors who will be going on to play in college had attitudes. There were two seniors that gave it everything they had and then some. They gave 100% dedication on and off the field. Two others were bad influences and didn't care. It showed in the oneonta game when they struck out every time and was pulled from pitching in the third inning. Several of the girls wanted the season to be over with weeks ago. Well, when you don't try and don't care...you get your wish. Unfortunately, they let the rest of their team down.

Guest Guest
This is somewhat correct. One parent in particular ran to the board president to have the previous coach fired. This same player didn't like Stashko either. I think that it may be her inability to play the game and not the coaches fault at all.

Not all the seniors who will be going on to play in college had attitudes. There were two seniors that gave it everything they had and then some. They gave 100% dedication on and off the field. Two others were bad influences and didn't care. It showed in the oneonta game when they struck out every time and was pulled from pitching in the third inning. Several of the girls wanted the season to be over with weeks ago. Well, when you don't try and don't care...you get your wish. Unfortunately, they let the rest of their team down.

wow sv parents are vicious. no wonder the players don't enjoy it.

Guest Guest

clearly i shold be listening to you. I'm sure you know everything about these girls and their seasons and everything. not one of the seniors struck out every time in that game, i promise you that. they switched pitchers after the fourth inning, i promise you that. this is a practice theyve done in plenty of big games all year, so the batters dont get accustomed to one pitcher. i promise you that. all 4 seniors wanted to win, i promise you that. the only thing is oneonta just looked like they wanted it more, but the team didnt quit. quitters dont cry after losing a game, i promise you that. those kids cried.

i'm sorry, just understand where youre coming from before you talk and put down teenagers doing something they love to do.

parents need to stay out of things at SV.

Guest Guest
clearly i shold be listening to you. I'm sure you know everything about these girls and their seasons and everything. not one of the seniors struck out every time in that game, i promise you that. they switched pitchers after the fourth inning, i promise you that. this is a practice theyve done in plenty of big games all year, so the batters dont get accustomed to one pitcher. i promise you that. all 4 seniors wanted to win, i promise you that. the only thing is oneonta just looked like they wanted it more, but the team didnt quit. quitters dont cry after losing a game, i promise you that. those kids cried.

i'm sorry, just understand where youre coming from before you talk and put down teenagers doing something they love to do.

How about we talk about softball???? SV is done get over it so is Binghamton!! Windsor and CV Class B championship I believe Deposit and Greene Class D but I don't really know. UE and Horseheads Class AA. Class A is M-E and who? What are the predictions for Saturday??

Guest Guest

congratulations to bertie lake, now holding the single season strikeout record at ue, topping many talented pitchers. she's a good, hardworking kid and definately deserves it.

Guest Guest

how can a single parent get a coach fired honestly

Well, according to the Country Courier, there are five seniors on the team "I promise you that!" Maybe a couple of them were crying because they performed so poorly and let their team down. Oneonta did want it more. A few SV girls just wanted it over.

Guest Guest
how can a single parent get a coach fired honestly

When that single parent is best friends with the president of the board of education and ran to her every time they didn't like something or someone.

Guest Guest
When that single parent is best friends with the president of the board of education and ran to her every time they didn't like something or someone.

if a majority of people wanted the old coach returned couldnt they have overruled the 2 people who didnt.

clearly.

Guest Guest
Well, according to the Country Courier, there are five seniors on the team "I promise you that!" Maybe a couple of them were crying because they performed so poorly and let their team down. Oneonta did want it more. A few SV girls just wanted it over.

if they were crying because they didn't do their best, doesnt that show that they care?

they gave 100% effort, even if it didn't result in a win.

Guest Guest
if a majority of people wanted the old coach returned couldnt they have overruled the 2 people who didnt.

clearly.

sv was done when cook left. i think they would've had considerably different seasons if he stayed.

but ANYWAY, they LOST.

let's stop berating teenagers who can't stick up for themselves.

back to SOFTBALL... who's gonna win saturday

Archived