2009 Softball

Guest guest

Guest guest
She is pitching well thats good for her. The kids are not on the team because they decided not to be on the team..Why would they care about Montgomery!

It all comes down to jealousy

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
speak for yourself...

i like watching winning softball and players will probably complain no matter who the coach is, so deal with it. it will make them tough for later on in life

Actually the kids really enjoy the current coach. She is very knowledgeable, treats them with respect and seems to be doing a great job. I wouldn't want to see a return of the backstabbing tyrant at any cost for us.

Guest Guest

SV basketball players and Parents hated him. The softball players didnt. They all benifited. There isnt a sports program in this area that has sent more kids to college on a scholarship then SV softball. Thank You coach Cook, Got to take the good with the bad. I just remember seeing those girls all crying when he left. So lets get all of the facts.

Guest Guest

Tears of Joy as it turned out, for they had yet to experience his final selfish and vindictive act - stabbing those same players and parents in the back who had fought and cried for him to stay ...

Many of the SV faithful remained in his camp until that last stunt. After that, even his most ardent supporters (including scholarship players) had seen enough.

Guest Guest
Tears of Joy as it turned out, for they had yet to experience his final selfish and vindictive act - stabbing those same players and parents in the back who had fought and cried for him to stay ...

Many of the SV faithful remained in his camp until that last stunt. After that, even his most ardent supporters (including scholarship players) had seen enough.

I will never forget the day his Conklin Raider players and former HS players when they were told he had personally tried to sabotage their run to a third state title. Thankfully they were able to overcome his actions although they did lose the STAC championship because of it, but ultimately the state title is what matters and they got that despite his best efforts to stop it. I know that the Tremors benefited from those actions, it was great watching those girls really enjoy the game that summer.

Guest Guest
I will never forget the day his Conklin Raider players and former HS players when they were told he had personally tried to sabotage their run to a third state title. Thankfully they were able to overcome his actions although they did lose the STAC championship because of it, but ultimately the state title is what matters and they got that despite his best efforts to stop it. I know that the Tremors benefited from those actions, it was great watching those girls really enjoy the game that summer.

Your caught up in YOUR own ego. UE had something to do with them losing the STAC. The teams in the metro and west are way way better than the smaller school that SV played. UE would have won all of their STAC games that year if they played the SV schedule. They had a great team, and the coach of UE was 10 times the coach that the Bidwell's were....The allegation was that Cook told UE's pitcher and father what each SV player could hit and not hit. You don't think Coach Testa had that scouted out already? All it takes is seeing them bat a couple of times against any good pitcher, which SV didn't face too many of. So just give up your fight and concede losing (you know... be a good sport). I can tell you for a fact that Mr Cook still loves each each and every one of those girls that played for him, whether he's moved on or not.. and you don't know what your talkin about.

Guest Guest
Your caught up in YOUR own ego. UE had something to do with them losing the STAC. The teams in the metro and west are way way better than the smaller school that SV played. UE would have won all of their STAC games that year if they played the SV schedule. They had a great team, and the coach of UE was 10 times the coach that the Bidwell's were....The allegation was that Cook told UE's pitcher and father what each SV player could hit and not hit. You don't think Coach Testa had that scouted out already? All it takes is seeing them bat a couple of times against any good pitcher, which SV didn't face too many of. So just give up your fight and concede losing (you know... be a good sport). I can tell you for a fact that Mr Cook still loves each each and every one of those girls that played for him, whether he's moved on or not.. and you don't know what your talkin about.

It wasn't an allegation it was a fact, Cook met with Cassie and went through the SV lineup with her two days before the game. Testa may or may not have been a better coach than Bidwell, but there is no denying the advice was given by Cook, and trust me he knew the SV players better than Testa could ever scout. As for SV not facing good pitchers please get real, SV went to the Testa Tourney, Morabito tourney and had 7 players who had won 2 state titles. They faced Plimpton, Greer, and many others in that time who were very talented pitchers.

UE that season was not far better than SV, and in our area the top Class B teams are easily as good as the AA/A teams in softball. Windsor Seton CV and SV all have programs traditionally stronger than Binghamton, Ithaca, Vestal, JC, ME, Owego. Look at the STAC titles and state championships and you'll see those small school names more than the large school ones.

Guest Guest
It wasn't an allegation it was a fact, Cook met with Cassie and went through the SV lineup with her two days before the game. Testa may or may not have been a better coach than Bidwell, but there is no denying the advice was given by Cook, and trust me he knew the SV players better than Testa could ever scout. As for SV not facing good pitchers please get real, SV went to the Testa Tourney, Morabito tourney and had 7 players who had won 2 state titles. They faced Plimpton, Greer, and many others in that time who were very talented pitchers.

UE that season was not far better than SV, and in our area the top Class B teams are easily as good as the AA/A teams in softball. Windsor Seton CV and SV all have programs traditionally stronger than Binghamton, Ithaca, Vestal, JC, ME, Owego. Look at the STAC titles and state championships and you'll see those small school names more than the large school ones.

Everything you are saying is opinion and hearsay... what I do know is that Cassie gave up 18 runs all year. SV's

1 run that game was more than the average (congratulations!!)...give her some credit. She throws 3 pitches , drop curve , change up and a poor fastball. Testa was a much better coach than Bidwells and UE wanted it more.

Guest Guest
Everything you are saying is opinion and hearsay... what I do know is that Cassie gave up 18 runs all year. SV's

1 run that game was more than the average (congratulations!!)...give her some credit. She throws 3 pitches , drop curve , change up and a poor fastball. Testa was a much better coach than Bidwells and UE wanted it more.

honestly can we get over this?

who wouldn't trade a stac title for a state title anyway?

congrats UE.

SV wouldn't have won any state titles if it wasn't for Mr. Cook, UE wont the STAC title that year.

Guest Guest

If I'm not mistaken the original question was "Who will be the teams to beat and what players will lead there teams?" has turning into something very ugly and opinionated. Coach Cook is no longer with SV and as you have put it...GREAT. If he is no longer there and hasn't been there for at least 3-4 years now why do you care in SV? Move on. Things happen, that's life.

The other thing is the personal attacks on parents and atheletes. Hopefully your child(ren) are better than you and show better sportmanship and, so far, from what I see they have been on and off the field unlike the parents who are bitter about one thing or another. You need to take a lesson from the girls and stop all this chatter about things that happened years ago and live in the present. Try enjoy watching your daughter play a sport that she loves because it will be over before you know it, so why not enjoy it now? Once this time is gone you will never be able to get it back unless your the type of person who just lives for the glory days and will just always tell the stories of how Coach Cook did this or that. If that's the case, I feel sorry for you and for your child. Be a spectator and not a commentator, you might enjoy the game a little more.

Guest guest

I'm pretty sure CV put about 18 runs on the board against her in a pre STAC tune up that year. I can remember her leaving the game in tears! But anyway she definitely took it to SV and a scouting report means nothing! The game is played on the field!

Guest Guest
The game is played on the field!

and truly. the past is the past....

There have been plenty of surprises so far this year...on the field, where it counts...

Just look at last night's results. Oneonta beats Windsor and CF beats SCC? I am sure no one could have predicted those outcomes. Keep it up girsl, I'll take you bats/gloves talkin over the opinions on BC Voice any day.

Guest guest
Coach Cook is well known for going over the line with his actions towards kids. He is not just a tough coach, he is verbally abusive and has lost coaching jobs at 2 different districts because of it.

His high winning % in softball at SV protected him but the same actions were there in basketball and he was shown the door. Same went for his time as a lacrosse coach, asked to leave because of his tantrums and actions.

He goes beyond the standard passionate tough love coach. He attacks kids with personal comments and verbal tirades that don't belong when dealing with younger players. He has tremendous knowledge but often struggles getting the message across, instead of finding a way to teach it, he just goes nuts and destroys players

SV took out the trash and Binghamton picked it up!!!

Guest guest

I'd love to know how SV took out the trash, so Binghamton can do the same!

Any suggestions?

Guest Guest
are there any JV pitchers to be watching out for next year?

Gorman from Windsor! shes has amazing power and control but will get lost because she was never one of bills little widows.

Guest guest
Gorman from Windsor! shes has amazing power and control but will get lost because she was never one of bills little widows.

Gorman does not have amazing power and control. She is an adequate to average JV pitcher but does not have what it takes to be a Varsity pitcher. You must be one of her close relatives.

Guest Guest
Gorman does not have amazing power and control. She is an adequate to average JV pitcher but does not have what it takes to be a Varsity pitcher. You must be one of her close relatives.

whatever, Mrs Tucker

Guest guest
Coach Cook is well known for going over the line with his actions towards kids. He is not just a tough coach, he is verbally abusive and has lost coaching jobs at 2 different districts because of it.

His high winning % in softball at SV protected him but the same actions were there in basketball and he was shown the door. Same went for his time as a lacrosse coach, asked to leave because of his tantrums and actions.

He goes beyond the standard passionate tough love coach. He attacks kids with personal comments and verbal tirades that don't belong when dealing with younger players. He has tremendous knowledge but often struggles getting the message across, instead of finding a way to teach it, he just goes nuts and destroys players

Come on SV parents, please help Binghamton take out the trash.

What did you do to get rid of this crazy man????[/

Guest guest

I'd love to know how SV took out the trash, so Binghamton can do the same!

Any suggestions?

Archived