Aldi's on Front St

2pelo Honey

FYI: 1149 Front Street, according to town maps, is the former Lou Rappaport (house of 1000 items for us oldies) site. I guess that means one less tattoo place in that 1/2 mile stretch. Also means the scooter place moves, and relocation of the Harley track. Anybody know where they're going?

Anyway, Aldi's main entrance will be the town owned road that enters the Nimmonsburg Plaza, and exits on to Front Street via the traffic signal.

Great...economic progress. Joined with Chicken Chalet, a tanning salon, a credit union, the dollar store, and a used clothes store. I'm getting a DELETED!!! Bring back Paul and the Hardware Fare!

Great...economic progress. Joined with Chicken Chalet, a tanning salon, a credit union, the dollar store, and a used clothes store. I'm getting a real DELETED!!! Bring back Paul and the Hardware Fare!

You gotta get out more.

Wanta go chase that monkey ?

No ?

okay, how about going down to the Prot Dick park and walking the dogs. I'll bring the cat and maybe they'll make friends.

Here's a picture of our kitty.... ( his name is Bengal ) ... in our backyard.. Wanta join us ?

Tiger_panthera_tigris_tigris_Bengal.jpg

Great...economic progress. Joined with Chicken Chalet, a tanning salon, a credit union, the dollar store, and a used clothes store. I'm getting a real DELETED!!! Bring back Paul and the Hardware Fare!

I agree. Don't forget that quality tatoo shop(there's one in the plaza as well), dry cleaner and the OTB. They may as well expand the bus stop, because that'll be a major source of their customer base. I ate at Chicken Chalet last night and noticed that the workers there certainly keep the tatoo shop busy! Maybe they can fill the last plaza spot with another quality store to really pack them in!

:rolleyes:

FYI: 1149 Front Street, according to town maps, is the former Lou Rappaport (house of 1000 items for us oldies) site. I guess that means one less tattoo place in that 1/2 mile stretch. Also means the scooter place moves, and relocation of the Harley track. Anybody know where they're going?

Anyway, Aldi's main entrance will be the town owned road that enters the Nimmonsburg Plaza, and exits on to Front Street via the traffic signal.

Is that the former NASCO carpet place?? Was just by there and it is 1149 Front Street.

Is that the former NASCO carpet place?? Was just by there and it is 1149 Front Street.

Yes, That is correct. Rappaports closed in the mid 80's as I recall. Afterward, the building got split into several stores. Aldi's will be leveling it, and building a new monster building on the lot.

Guest guest

Well, i am sticking up for Aldi's and I am far from the welfare line. Their milk, produce are alot cheaper than your grocery stores. The store in JC as expanded with hamburger, porkchops and other items. I have never gotten anything there that was bad.

Guest Guest

Most Aldi Brand Products are offshoots of brand names. Del Monte cans the Aldi Brand Fruits and Veggies while Kelloggs and General Mills package Aldi Brand Corn Flakes and other cereals. There are more off brands of Aldi that name brand companies manufacture as store brand labels for cheaper prices. If you take a ride to Aldi Headquarters they have an Aldi Store for the employees that gives the employees brand name foods at pennies less than what they sell for in their store, and you will see the charts for what manufacture company makes what items but use the store plain label instead of their own.

A lot of people put down Aldi but the middle class and definately the more wealthy in this area are discovering the bargins they are getting at Aldi's. Some of the restaurants in the area buy their Aldi Lable Coffee, Creamer and Sugar to use at their restaurants. The Greek House Next to Aldi is one example. People are pinching pennies everywhere these days and once the Social Service people are done shopping you see more middle class shopping at the store.

Guest Guest
Now why would you say that ?

I love their stale crackers and moldly cheese. I can pick it up in the middle of the day and enjoy a good " out of date " meal that night

FYI...You are not really funny, I'm not sure if it sounds funny to you when you are typing but I have read a couple of your smarta** replys on a couple threads and you really aren't very funny at all. I think you need to try a new approach.

Guest Guest

I love Aldi's so many bargains and the produce is way better than the Giant's!!!!! Can't wait to shop there!! The Giant's produce sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

Archived