BREAKING: Eliot Spitzer involved in prostitution ring

Guest Trump

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Only In NEW YORK !

Watch the Stock Market ! The "call-girl" stock is on the rise !

And of course the peanut gallery always has something to say

Guest Joe sixpack
He will admit he did it, go to a substance abuse clinic to hide from the press and then come out about 12 weeks later a recovered and better human being and all will be forgiven.

That's right..he'll say he was a sex addict..watch..I'll bet you any money..he was just another victim of a terrible addiction...poor guy...I feel for him..NOT !

only the hardcore dems would try to sweep this under the rug and bring out things that repubs did. don't you get it, this is not a dems vs repubs issue. this is about the Gov breaking a law. Forget for a moment the personal cheating on his wife thing. He broke the law! again dem or repub, it doesn't matter. he needs to resign immediately.

and i couldn't resist this picture... this picture says it all.

Trip to Washington DC on taxpayer money...............$200

Hotel, meals and other expenditures of trip on taxpayer money....$1000

Showing your little Governor to a high priced hooker (on taxpayer money).... $5,500 an hour.

Getting caught, resigning your office, and having to face your wife.............Priceless

Guest Guest
Nope, your wrong and have no idea what your talking about.

IT'S THE CHEESE GALLERY BUCKO --- And Don't You Forget It

LMAO.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

now its people like this here, that need a background check to use the computer. weirdos

Guest Guest
Nope, your wrong and have no idea what your talking about.

IT'S THE CHEESE GALLERY BUCKO --- And Don't You Forget It

LMAO.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Again..you think you are funny and you are not at all, its actually more annoying then funny.

Guest Guest
only the hardcore dems would try to sweep this under the rug and bring out things that repubs did. don't you get it, this is not a dems vs repubs issue. this is about the Gov breaking a law. Forget for a moment the personal cheating on his wife thing. He broke the law! again dem or repub, it doesn't matter. he needs to resign immediately.

Showing your little Governor to a high priced hooker (on taxpayer money).... $5,500 an hour.

Getting caught, resigning your office, and having to face your wife.............Priceless

thats old cliche. so ofcourse id bring up republicans. you do it everytime. tart boy

Guest Guest

LOL !! How so very true !!

Guest Inch_High

I wonder if he were republican how much the "mainstream" media would

be shouting that fact out. Try to find mention of him being a Demoncrat anywhere

on the Yahoo website.

I will also bet that Fat Pantload Cliton will end up us client # 10.

Losers, all of them.

Guest Guest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glenn Murphy Jr.National Chairman of the Young Republicans

Chairman of the Clark County Republican Party

(July 28, 2007)

The Crime: Murphy got a fellow Young Republican drunk and then spent the night at his house. The other young man woke up in the middle of the night to find Murphy giving him mouth-to-I AM THE AUTHOR OF THIS POST AND I AM GAY resuscitation. After this incident, a 1998 sexual battery report came to light in which Murphy was alleged to have done the exact same thing.

The Hypocrisy: Murphy was a well-paid political consultant for Republican candidates and often advised them to use gay marriage as a wedge issue to paint their opponents as out of touch with traditional values.

The Quote: “I was in the Sound of Music in High School…don’t ask” (from his now-defunct Myspace page.)

The Video: Unfortunately, the Young Republicans took down all of their videos of Mr. Murphy. So instead, I give you:

thats old cliche. so ofcourse id bring up republicans. you do it everytime. tart boy

what do i do everytime? again stick to the facts pal. He was implicated in an illegal prostitution ring. I dont care if he is dem, repub, or whatever. he needs to resign. this is the last straw with him. he has done nothing for this state...well nothing good anyway. if you want to be an DELETED and make this a dem vs repub thing, then it shows you how shallow you are my friend. And i thought my priceless joke was very funny. sorry to bore you.

Guest Guest
what do i do everytime? again stick to the facts pal. He was implicated in an illegal prostitution ring. I dont care if he is dem, repub, or whatever. he needs to resign. this is the last straw with him. he has done nothing for this state...well nothing good anyway. if you want to be an DELETED and make this a dem vs repub thing, then it shows you how shallow you are my friend. And i thought my priceless joke was very funny. sorry to bore you.

republican... because not everyone can be on welfare... where do i start.. maybe reagans immigration ACT. you boast republican with every statement you make. that IS the FACT

Guest Guest
I wonder if he were republican how much the "mainstream" media would

be shouting that fact out. Try to find mention of him being a Demoncrat anywhere

on the Yahoo website.

I will also bet that Fat Pantload Cliton will end up us client # 10.

Losers, all of them.

And "Cliton" is in what office....?

Guest Guest
republican... because not everyone can be on welfare... where do i start.. maybe reagans immigration ACT. you boast republican with every statement you make. that IS the FACT

And now the thread is turning into a bashing match.

Guest Guest

I did not see anywhere where he charged the hooker to the taxpayer. Is that so, of did you just decide to make it up?

Guest Guest

No Party ID for NY Dem Who Stole From Little League, Bought Mistress Car, Killed Rats

March 8, 2008 - 16:25 ET

The New York Times reported Democratic NY state assemblyman Brian McLaughlin pleaded guilty to federal racketeering charges on Friday. As usual, no party identification in the headline, picture, caption or article, but there's a twist in this March 8 piece. The NYT also didn't report that he was in office at the time the crimes were committed.

In the lede, the Times described McLaughlin as the “former head of the nation’s biggest municipal labor council,” without noting his political office.

Continuing the whitewash, the NYT buried and downplayed the story's juicy details. While in office, McLaughlin stole a total of $2.2 million from little leaguers, labor unions, his political club and the state of New York. He used the funds to buy cars for his wife and mistress and, bizarrely, forced union members to kill rats in his basement, dog sit and hang Christmas lights without pay. The only mention of the Dem's political career was an unclear second paragraph (all bold mine):

Standing and facing the judge as he spoke, the defendant, Brian M. McLaughlin, once a seven-term assemblyman from Queens and the leader of a million workers as president of the New York City Central Labor Council, delivered his 45-minute catalog of wrongs in a tone that at times seemed blasé and at other times abjectly cooperative.

The NYT made it seem that the Dem's time in politics was in the past. The paper didn't report McLaughlin used his office for personal gain or connect it to a string of crimes committed by several members of the Democratic majority in the NY state assembly. There must not be a Democratic “culture of corruption.”

This doesn't have to do with the article, but how can a NY state assemblyman, especially one on the influential Ways and Means Committee, which allocates funds for state projects, also be the president of NYC's Central Labor Council, the largest municipal labor union in America? Isn't that asking for corruption?

What should have been the meat of the article was sketchily buried at the bottom of the 22 paragraph article:

He said he had siphoned money for personal purposes from the William Jefferson Clinton Democratic Club in Queens; solicited the use of automobiles from companies that employed union members; and asked members to perform “favors, errands” and household chores for him, like hanging Christmas lights.

And he had lied on a mortgage application, saying that he was renting his house to a union officer, he said.

The assistant United States attorney on the case, Daniel A. Braun, told the judge that Mr. McLaughlin, who remained free Friday on $250,000 bail, could have to forfeit up to $2.2 million in illicit proceeds, as well as his Long Island home and a car that was paid for with $60,000 in kickbacks from a company that used union members as unpaid labor.

The amazingly bland article whitewashed the corrupt actions of a powerful man who exploited children, non-profits and his own union members for personal gain (and to have a rat-free home with awesome Christmas decorations).

I look forward to similar coverage of the next Republican who gets in trouble.

Pennsylvania TV Station Omits Party Affiliation in Conflict of Interest Case

March 6, 2008 - 00:02 ET

Once again, the mainstream media displays their party preference, as it is yet another edition of Name That Party! In this instance, as reported by CBS television station KDKA Channel 2, Pennsylvania State Representative Frank LaGrotta stands accused of two criminal counts of conflict of interst. Strangely, though the story discusses LaGrotta's purported transgressions in detail, his party affiliation is somehow neglected!

As KDKA reported on the case,

LaGrotta was arraigned last week in Harrisburg on two criminal counts of conflict of interest. He is accused by the State Attorney General Tom Corbett of hiring two relatives for his office payroll who allegedly did nothing for their state pay check. But the real focus has been on whether LaGrotta is helping state investigators finger top legislative leaders whom the Attorney General thinks may have used tax dollars to pay their staff for political work. KDKA Political Editor Jon Delano asked LaGrotta's attorney to answer that question. "Certainly he has been cooperative," said LaGrotta's attorney Stephen Colafella. " He's attempted to address not only the issues with his case, but some of the more general questions about things that may have gone on." Colafella stopped short of saying that LaGrotta's testimony would hurt House Majority Leader Bill DeWeese or former House Whip Mike Veon.

Now the story mentions possible wrongdoing by three elected officials in Pennsylvania. One would think that somewhere in the story, the party affiliation of said elected officials might be mentioned. However, a quick Google search finds that of the three, Frank LaGrotta, Mike Veon and Bill DeWeese, all are members of the Democratic Party.

Hmmm. Interesting that of the three, all are Democrats, and yet the CBS station KDKA managed to completely avoid mentioning the party affiliations of any of the three in this story that ostensibly is to discuss an elected official accused of criminal conflict of interest. And in fact, this is a possibility that there is an even bigger corruption story. yet somehow the three elected officials named all manage to have their party affiliation ignored by KDKA. I won't waste my time hypothesizing if a Republican who was even marginally linked to such a story would have his party affiliation similarly left out of the resulting story. I think we all know that answer.

Media Silent on New Jersey Mayor's Party Affiliation

March 5, 2008 - 12:51 ET

It's time for yet another edition of Name That Party! Disgraced Newark, New Jersey mayor Sharpe James' trial for abusing his powers for favoritism and corruption began today in federal court. According to the prosecutor, the former mayor,

...abused his office by steering discounted city property to a girlfriend who then sold the parcels for large profits, a prosecutor told jurors Monday at James' fraud trial. Former Newark, New Jersey, mayor Sharpe James going on trial for federal corruption charges. "This case is about fraud, favoritism and concealment," Assistant U.S. Attorney Phillip Kwon said in his opening statement. James got romance while co-defendant Tamika Riley made profits by quickly selling the land instead of redeveloping it as required, Kwon said. "The only people who didn't benefit from these land deals were the people of Newark," Kwon told the jury.

Yet in the entirety of the article on CNN's site, the party affiliation of Mayor James was never mentioned. Not once. Surprised? Not when one discovers that James is a Democrat. It seems that for CNN, if an accused person is a Republican, that is news-worthy, but when the principal is a Democrat, the party is something that readers simply don't need to know. Wouldn't it be nice if the media treated parties the same when it came to reporting allegations? However, if they did, they wouldn't be the mainstream media- partisan, subjective and thoroughly untrustworthy.

ChiTrib Fails to Note Ex-Alderman's Democratic Affiliation

March 3, 2008 - 12:13 ET

Former Windy City alderman Dorothy Tillman (D) was recently arrested in Birmingham, Ala., for trespassing, yet in a 27-paragraph article reporting the story, Chicago Tribune's Tara Malone failed to mention Tillman's party affiliation.

Tillman's leftist politics were briefly alluded to in a passing reference to how she was bailed out of jail by a minister who worked with Tillman on the issue of slavery reparations:

Rev. Al Dixon, 79, said he awoke to an early morning call from Tillman. The pair had worked together to seek slave reparations and share a history of involvement with the civil rights movement. When Tillman realized she might be arrested, she called Dixon, who is pastor of Anderson Chapel Ministries.

The 'Party ID' Game, Ct'd: MD DA not ID'd as Dem Until Paragraph 6

February 23, 2008 - 21:13 ET

Unlike Congressman Rick Renzi, who is a Republican, and whose party membership was identified in the first word of an Associated Press report yesterday about his indictment, the person involved in this situation, Wicomico County (MD) State's Attornery Davis Ruark, is not a Republican.

This explains why the AP report of Ruark's drunk-driving arrest begins devoid of any indication as to what party he might belong to:

Wicomico County State's Attorney Davis R. Ruark was charged with drunken driving Friday night after being pulled over for speeding and crossing the center line, police said.

After failing field sobriety tests, Ruark was arrested and taken to Ocean City police headquarters, where he agreed to take a breath test and was found to have a blood-alcohol concentration greater than .08 percent, Maryland's legal threshold for drunken driving, police said.

Ruark was cooperative throughout the arrest and offered no excuses or explanation for his actions, said Officer Michael Levy, an Ocean City police spokesman.

It is not until the sixth paragraph that we learn Ruark's political party, followed by a reason why some people might remember him:

Ruark, a Democrat, has been state's attorney in Wicomico since 1989. He is a member of the county's Drug and Alcohol Abuse Council, and in 2004, he prosecuted Olympic swimming star Michael Phelps for drunken driving. Phelps pleaded guilty to driving while impaired and received 18 months' probation.

Look at the bright side: Unlike the William Jefferson situation in the summer of last year that was considered in yesterday's post (at NewsBusters; at BizzyBlog), the identification of Ruark as a Democrat occurred three paragraphs earlier (6th vs. 9th), and was crystal clear (Jefferson was never clearly identified as a Democrat, and the reader had to infer that he is from the same party as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi).

Totally separate from the party ID issue, I'm not sure why we should care who Ruark has prosecuted in the past. Other than the fact of Phelps's celebrity, there doesn't seem to be anything out of line in either direction in how Ruark handled his case. Is the AP writer of this unbylined article of the belief that Phelps should have been given lighter treatment, that Ruark is somehow getting just desserts, or what?

NC Attny Gen Employee Nailed in Drug Bust... Democrat or Not?

February 20, 2008 - 10:38 ET

Here is a story that is fairly recent and it is perfect for our ongoing game of "Democrat or Not." One Susan Freeman, a secretary in the office of North Carolina's Attorney General has been hauled in after a routine traffic stop by police in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. She wasn't driving on an expired license, didn't even have a broken tail light. But she did have $150,000 in illegal drugs -- 31 pounds of marijuana and one and a half pounds of cocaine -- hidden in her car.

So far, I've seen two reports about this incident, both from TV websites. NBC 17 from Raleigh/Durham gives us an account and so does News9 of Oklahoma City. Both stories mention that this Susan Freeman works in the NC Attorney General's office, but neither name that politician or his party.

His name happens to be Roy Cooper, Democrat of North Carolina and two term Attorney General for the state.

So, now we come to the question: who can doubt that if the NC Attorney General was a Republican, both his name AND his party would be trumpeted in every story? So far, however, this story is not being covered but by these few TV outlets.

So, as we've come to expect, no mention of any party connection in a story of criminal actions by public servants when the party in question happens to be Democrat.

And there it is, today's short and sweet edition of "Democrat or Not."

And, as usual, it is "not." Not as in not seeing the word Democrat mentioned, that is.

AP/ABC Ignore Party Affiliation of Disgraced New Orleans DA

October 30, 2007 - 19:00 ET

We know that the mainstream media love to report on all of the following: 1) the mass firing of prosecutors for political reasons; 2) anything about New Orleans; 3) and race issues in Lousiana. So what happens when you have one story that covers all three topics? The answer is almost nothing when the story involves an embattled Democratic official.

New Orleans District Attorney Eddie Jordan took office in 2003. Upon assuming office, Jordan immediately fired 53 of the 77 employees in the office. Of the 53 employees fired, 52 were white and one was Hispanic. The white employees (and one Hispanic) were replaced with black workers. Despite the obvious racial implications, Jordan claimed he filled key positions with political supporters and did not discriminate based on race.

Some of those employees sued in 2005 and were awarded a judgment in federal court of $3.65 million (although the judgment was against Jordan's office, and not Jordan personally). The judgment was upheld by the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in August.

The situation reached a climax this week when Plaintiffs' counsel threatened aggressive action (including the seizure of payroll) in order to compel payment of the judgment from the DA's office. There was some discussion of the State of Louisiana taking over the office, as the state, parish, and New Orleans all denied liability for the judgment. Under mounting pressure from this legal disaster, and also under heat for increased crime since Hurricane Katrina, Jordan today submitted his resignation.

And now let's have a show of hands of those who have heard of this story at all.

Despite having all the ingredients of a mainstream media bonanza, this story has received relatively little coverage. The coverage is especially paltry when considered in comparison to the media frenzy that occurred incident to the President Bush's firing of just a handful of U.S. Attorneys (who weren't obviously dismissed on the basis of race). The "Attorneygate" story lingered in the media for weeks on just the allegation of political firings. In Jordan's case though, the political nature of the firings was not an allegation, it was Jordan's stated defense to allegations of racial firings.

And even when the story has been covered, the media have routinely neglected to mention Jordan's party affiliation (Democrat). ABC.com has recently run three AP stories which have not mentioned Jordan's party affiliation at all: New Orleans District Attorney to Resign (October 30, 2007); La. Mayor: State May Take Over DA Office (October 28, 2007); New Orleans DA Loses Race-Firing Appeal (August 15, 2007).

In addition to the AP stories, ABC.com ran an additional story today on The Blotter (the blog of investigative journalist Brian Ross). The story featured an August 2006 Ross interview in which Jordan accused Ross of asking "stupid" questions and stormed out of the interview. The article included a link to the video of the interview - which was nearly seven minutes long. Ross was obviously dancing on Jordan's grave here, regurgitating Jordan's embarassing interview on the day he resigned. And, as with the other stories, neither the article nor the video ever disclosed Jordan's party affiliation, reinforcing the notion that the media gravitates toward the sensational while also protecting liberals.

FBI: LA State Senator is Money Laundering -- Did AP Mention He's a Democrat?

October 24, 2007 - 02:43 ET

Today it's being reported that Louisiana State Senator Derrick Shepherd stands accused by the FBI of money laundering. The AP duly reported the messy story surrounding this charge, of course. Their story was long and exhaustive for an AP report. Only one tiny, little thing seems to have been forgotten by the AP. They seem to have forgotten to mention that Shepherd is a Democrat. I know... shocking, eh? This is just another in a long, long line of MSM reports -- and AP reports in particular -- where a report on criminal activity by an elected official seems to lack party identification... IF that criminal activity is perpetrated by a Democrat, of course

State Sen. Derrick Shepherd helped a felon launder nearly $141,000 in bogus construction bond fees last year, keeping nearly half the money, an FBI agent said.

So, what was it that this State Senator did to assist this felon launder money?

According to an account of the hearing by The Times-Picayune of New Orleans, Smith testified that Shepherd, an attorney who often handles personal injury cases, wrote "settlement proceeds" on memo lines of checks to Moyo, but there is no evidence that he did any legal work for her. Smith said Moyo signed five checks totaling $140,686 - two bearing notes that they were for bond fees - to Shepherd's account. Shepherd kept about $65,000 of Moyo's money and returned the remaining amount, the agent testified.

Nice scam, eh? Now, this time another news source does mention the party of our erstwhile Senator Shepherd. The Times-Picayune didn't forget to mention Shepherd's Party affiliation, so, props to the TP. It is interesting, though, to note that calling a corrupt Democrat a Democrat didn't bother the local paper much. But the AP? Well, they have a "policy" ya see. They only mention party affiliation when it is "germane" to the story, I hear. And it all begs the question: when exactly WILL being a Democrat become "germane" to the AP's coverage of corruption in our public officials?

AP Did Not Identify Indicted Congressman William Jefferson as a Democrat

June 5, 2007 - 06:10 ET

Update I & II at bottom:

In this June 4 article, the AP worked hard to leave out something very important but very basic in an article about Democratic US Representative William Jefferson’s 16-count bribery indictment. What the AP left out was any identification of Jefferson’s party affiliation. In almost 30 paragraphs, no where is there any hint of what party Jefferson belongs to, not even a “(D-LA).”

When a politician is in trouble and the party is not identified, it a safe bet to assume that the missing letter is a Big “D,” as in this AP piece.

How were other politicians identified? Nancy Pelosi is identified as “Pelosi, D-Calif.” John Boehner is identified as “House Republican Leader John Boehner of Ohio.” But Jefferson is not a Democrat, just “Louisiana congressman William Jefferson.” Strange how that works, huh?

Since party is usually identified in the first paragraphs, the AP had many opportunities to note that Jefferson is a Democrat and simply did not (emphasis mine):

Louisiana congressman William Jefferson received more than $500,000 in bribes and sought millions more in nearly a dozen separate schemes to enrich himself by using his office to broker business deals in Africa, according to a federal indictment Monday.

The charges came almost two years after investigators raided Jefferson's home in Washington and found $90,000 in cash stuffed in his freezer.

The indictment lists 16 counts, including racketeering, soliciting bribes, wire fraud, money laundering, obstruction of justice and conspiracy. He faces a possible maximum sentence of 235 years.

He is the first U.S. official to face charges under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, which prohibits corporate bribery ovdrseas.

Jefferson, through his lawyer, claimed innocence. He will be arraigned Friday in U.S. District Court in Alexandria.

Not only did the AP leave out the embarrassing fact that a group that is touted as the most ethical Congress ever just had a Democrat indicted for bribing foreign governmental officials, the AP also failed to mention that even as recently as February 17 of this year, long after the investigation was made public, Pelosi appointed Jefferson to the security-sensitive House Homeland Security Committee, where members have access to vital national secrets and make policy for national defense.

The AP is supposed to be the objective wire service that just dishes out the facts. Are they so biased that the AP can’t even include party affiliation when it makes the Democratic party look bad? Shouldn’t the AP be above this kind of partisan reporting?

Update 06/05 12:55

*One of the reporters who wrote the article, Lara Jakes Jordan is married to Jim Jordan, long-time Democratic operative. Jordan is a former John Kerry presidential campaign manager, former executive director of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, a former John Kerry presidential campaign manager and staffer of America Coming Together, a 527 funded by George Soros and labor unions which was a pro-Kerry organization which focused on defeating Bush.

*CNN no longer has this on the front page and has moved it to the politics section. Some current front page stories: “Libby to find out soon if he’ll go to jail,” “Sen. Clinton: God got me through marital strife” and “How Paris Hilton spent last hours of freedom.”

In the politics section, Jefferson’s indictment is not displayed at the top with the important stories like, “Libby gets 30 months in CIA leak case.” It is at the bottom in the “In Other News” section.

Update II 06/05 16:10 EST:

Interestingly, Lara Jakes Jordan wrote an earlier AP article where she clearly identified Jefferson as a Democrat within the first three words (thnx Jim Miller):

Rep. William Jefferson, D-La., was indicted Monday on federal charges of racketeering, soliciting bribes and money-laundering in a long- running bribery investigation into business deals he tried to broker in Africa.

Potentially, portions of her earlier article were used to compile the second one that has both Jordan's name and Matthew Barakat's. In Jordan’s first article, she followed the AP’s guidelines of identifying political affiliation, although that was the only mention of his party. Too bad that whoever was involved in compiling the later article did not follow that precedent.

Perverted Ex-Judge's Party Affiliation Ignored by AP

January 3, 2008 - 11:06 ET

Last year's most bizarre and famously icky sex scandal was, of course, Senator Larry Craig's airport bathroom incident, in which the Idaho Republican was alleged to have been soliciting homosexual sex from an undercover cop. Suffice it to say no one who came across the story could walk away without knowing Craig's party affiliation, and in some cases his record as a conservative with some libertarian-friendly stances.

So how did the Associated Press's Bill Poovey treat a former Democratic Tennessee judge with an arguably nastier, kinkier, more disturbing sexual predilection? Not one mention of John B. Hagler's Democratic Party affiliation in Poovey's 23-paragraph January 2 story, even though the judge's sex fantasy recording sure spooked at least one veteran police officer (emphasis mine, h/t NB reader Chris Mario):

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - A Tennessee judge resigned last month after making a recording of fantasies so lurid that when the tape fell into the hands of the police and FBI, they thought they were listening to a torture session and believed it might be linked to a murder case.

[...]

The tape was briefly examined by Chattanooga police and the FBI in late 2005 after a secretary who had just been fired by Hagler turned it over, authorities said. She told them she found the recording of the judge's voice on a tape that also contained legal dictation.

"It sounded like someone being tortured," Chattanooga police Sgt. Alan Franks testified Wednesday, offering the first details of what is on the tape.

Franks said the recording was investigated in relation to a still-unsolved 1997 murder. He gave no other details on the murder case.

"The content was so shocking. I have been a police officer for 24 years," Franks said before his testimony was cut off by an objection.

Investigators ultimately concluded the recording consisted only of fantasies.

Hagler's party affiliation is hardly a state secret, however. "Judge Hagler, a Democrat, first was elected in 1990 and was serving his third term," noted reporter Ryan Harris in a December 13 Chattanooga Times Free Press story.

Gov's Aide in Sex Assault on Boy... Democrat or Not?

February 9, 2008 - 13:06 ET

Hello and welcome to today's episode of "Democrat or Not?" Today we have the sordid tale of a "top official" in Governor Deval Patrick's administration in Massachusetts who is accused of sexual misconduct with a minor in Florida. Oh, the story is filled with all sorts of details... well, all the details but one, of course.

Yes, folks, the AP gives us all the "relevant" facts:

A top official in Gov. Deval Patrick's administration is accused of sexually assaulting a boy in the steam room of a Florida resort and has been placed on unpaid leave... Carl Stanley McGee, the assistant secretary for policy and planning, was arrested Dec. 28 after the suspected assault at the Gasparilla Inn and Club in Boca Grande, according to the Lee County Sheriff's Office.

The AP story goes on to tell us that McGee met the boy at a resort at which they were both staying, how he chatted the underaged boy up one day and met him for oral sex in the resort's steam bath facility the next. The AP even lets us all know that McGee "made $115,000 as a state employee," and that he "worked at Boston law firms before joining the administration."

We even get this bit of salacious detail from the AP story:

His marriage to John Finley IV in November 2005 was featured in The New York Times' Vows column.

So, this well-publicized homosexual, state employee gets all his relevant data revealed by the AP in their story. Well... maybe not. You see, there is one little descriptive word that the AP seems to have forgotten in their avalanche of McGee's resume.

And that word is DEMOCRAT.

Yes, I know its shocking, but the AP seems to have forgotten to mention that Carl Stanley McGee is a Democrat.

And so, today's episode of "Democrat or not" leaves us with yet another example of the MSM (and the AP in particular) seemingly unable to bring themselves to mention a public official's party affiliation in a report about his criminal activities when that criminal official happens to be a Democrat.

Thanks for playing AP, and as a lovely parting gift you win a home version of our game. Not that you need it.

Guest Guest
"I apologize first and most importantly to my family. I apologize to the public, to whom I promised better," he said.

He did not elaborate on the paper's claims and did not take any questions after making his statement.

"I am disappointed that I failed to live up to the standard I expected of myself," he said

That is all he has to say???

Hmmmmmmmmmm......."I screwed up. I'm sorry."

What more should he say?

Perhaps he should take a page from the Sen. Craig Pressbook and use the "I only have a wide stance and I'm not gay or sexually disloyal to my wife" defense.

Guest Guest

Sorry it took so long to get a small sample out to you liberals about your party favorites but you know whats 20 minutes between friends.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

OH by the way I found enough to do about 4 pages if you would like me to post them not bad for 20 minutes I think. And make sure you note the date lines all of the new variety.

Archived