Guest SHots

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Took this from Pressconnects:

http://pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...EWS01/803150344

Shooting reported in Binghamton

Binghamton police were called shortly after 8 p.m. today to a reported drive-by shooting on Griswold Street, according to scanner reports.

Capt. Alex Minor said one man was taken to Wilson Regional Medical Center in critical condition.

Police blocked off Griswold Street at its intersection with William and George streets. The shooting occurred on Griswold, about mid-way between the two cross streets.

Neighbors said they were inside their houses when the shooting occurred. They reported hearing one pop, like a car backfiring.

Guest Guest
Thanks, dl...I drove by there about a week ago, and there were some pretty rough looking bro's hanging around.

Washington Ave. shopping district in Endicott was always safe... But not anymore - All kinds of hoodlums hanging out there!! So Binghamton is not the only loacation with these problems. But I hear it's much safer here than Syracuse!

Guest Griswold

Nothing new to report except alerts have gone statewide. Officer safety....

Guess I'll just let the exceptional services of the local news agencies finish this up.

Don't forget to lock the doors, turn on the porch light and make sure you know where your gun is.

Good night all !

Guest Guest
Nothing new to report except alerts have gone statewide. Officer safety....

Guess I'll just let the exceptional services of the local news agencies finish this up.

Don't forget to lock the doors, turn on the porch light and make sure you know where your gun is.

Good night all !

Thanks for sharing the info.

Guest scannerjunkie

People with scanners don't need to get a life.

We use it as weekend entertainment.

Its funny to hear the welfare scum call 911 to get a ride to the psych center or to the local ER for a cut on thier pinky finger.

You think your upscale neighbor doesn't beat his wife? Think again.

A lot to be learned about where we live - go buy one.

Guest mikey
Actually I'm hard wired directly in my cranium so I monitor 24/7. I also have a direct cell connection so I can post anywhere at anytime.

I posted all of this while I was at Walmart.

Dork !

Apparently you like your news late and sanitized.

That is seriously one of the funniest posts I have ever read here! Two thumbs way up!

Guest Guest
People with scanners don't need to get a life.

We use it as weekend entertainment.

Its funny to hear the welfare scum call 911 to get a ride to the psych center or to the local ER for a cut on thier pinky finger.

You think your upscale neighbor doesn't beat his wife? Think again.

A lot to be learned about where we live - go buy one.

I know, I used to have one, it is addictive. I have to get a new one, I miss it. Where do you get the numbers to program the local PDs from?

Guest Guest
APB out on all channels for a "drive by" on Griswold ST

(funny thing.... as I drove down Lake Ave in Bingo today I saw a couple of BMs all done up in red.... red sweatshirsts, do rags and sneakers.......

what the *F* has happened to my old town)

Since you asked, here is what happenned to your town, Lea Webb, Matt Ryan and in the background their puppet master Mary Clark of Citizen Action.

Keep voting her candidates into office. Violent crime is up 42% or so after 27 months. It will get worse. Remember Ryan refuses to sign a contract with police. Two years without one. Ryan wants to dissolve the Binghamton Police Department in with the Broome County Sheriff's office so he can use the money to create more needless positions for his useless friends. Lea Webb accompanied her buddy Davone Nealy (felon) to Albany at Ryan's and Clark's suggestion to REPRESENT Binghamtot at a Public Security conferneece with other Citizen Action flunkies at taxpayer expense. How is that for good judgement?

The Rescue Mission of Syracuse will now bring in busloads of homeless to add to the party.

But, don't listen to me. Keep voting for them.

Go ahead.

72154745fc069e0668b723a24ea4a2d4dc137e2c14ef59d65bc629e868f68eb3f3e7d1cf.jpg

Guest Guest
Since you asked, here is what happenned to your town, Lea Webb, Matt Ryan and in the background their puppet master Mary Clark of Citizen Action.

Keep voting her candidates into office. Violent crime is up 42% or so after 27 months. It will get worse. Remember Ryan refuses to sign a contract with police. Two years without one. Ryan wants to dissolve the Binghamton Police Department in with the Broome County Sheriff's office so he can use the money to create more needless positions for his useless friends. Lea Webb accompanied her buddy Davone Nealy (felon) to Albany at Ryan's and Clark's suggestion to REPRESENT Binghamtot at a Public Security conferneece with other Citizen Action flunkies at taxpayer expense. How is that for good judgement?

The Rescue Mission of Syracuse will now bring in busloads of homeless to add to the party.

Go ahead.

I completely agree with you, he will do nothing but hurt this city. After all, he marches in the anti-war parade and paints nice colorful stripes down the streets with our tax money for the gay parade. Keep right on voting democrat people, learn the hard way. God help us all if one gets in the White House although I doubt they will with the two losers they have running.

Guest Guest

Go ahead.

What is to stop every City from all over the United States from loading up buses with homeless and sex-offenders and sending them to Mayor Rainbow Ryan's shining City!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Guest Benni Booboo

How scary to be in that vacinity and not know there was a shooter on the loose. I was headed over to Cortese to pick up a Pizza about that time (from first ward area) and two police cars went by me lights and siren.

Guest neighborhoodwatchsucks
How scary to be in that vacinity and not know there was a shooter on the loose. I was headed over to Cortese to pick up a Pizza about that time (from first ward area) and two police cars went by me lights and siren.

SHEESH..well it's beginning to look alot like springtime on the East Side, specifically the Griswold,Ely,Williams,George,Robinson,Broad Ave area..there is ALWAYS something going on over here ..ALWAYS..from shootings, to break-ins, from drunks walking into houses, to spousal and neighborhood fights..usually the cops take FOREVER to show up..shoot a black guy though and they're right on the money..now if we could get Code over here to find out why a guy has a coke machine in his front yard, or why certain people get away without cutting their grass all summer or shoveling snow all winter..and why certain city workers seem to congregate at a "certain" house during work hours..life would be much much better.

UPDATE: Shooting victim in surgery

By Tom Wilber and Kelly Haslinger

Press & Sun-Bulletin

BINGHAMTON -- A man was fighting for his life late Saturday night after a shooting on the city's East Side.

The man, in his mid-30s, was rushed to Wilson Regional Medical Center shortly after 8 p.m. when he was found critically wounded on Griswold Street, according to eyewitnesses and police. He was in surgery late Saturday.

Police were seeking a dark colored SUV that left the crime scene heading north on Griswold Street, said Lt. John Chapman of the Binghamton police. No suspects had been identified as of late Saturday.

The victim, whom police did not identify, suffered from massive bleeding and was undergoing surgery after he was shot in the upper leg near the groin, Chapman said.

Some witnesses identified the victim as Curtis Jones. Police said that was one of several names they had for the victim and could not confirm his identity.

The hospital did not disclose information.

A woman named Amy left the crime scene after being questioned by police and headed to an apartment house on Oliver Street, a block to the east, where she frantically knocked on the door calling for her children. They weren't there. She called them on a cell phone and shouted: "Come home now. You're Uncle Curtis has been shot and he is going to die. I am not kidding."

She said she could not talk to a reporter.

Neighbors, some of them tearful and distraught, gathered on their porches overlooking the scene as police worked their way around the neighborhood interviewing residents. Residents said they were inside their homes when the shooting occurred.

Police blocked off Griswold Street at its intersection with William and George streets. The shooting occurred on Griswold, about midway between the two cross streets.

Some said they knew the victim, but identified him only as a neighbor. None of the witnesses, huddled in small clusters in the glare of flashing police lights, would disclose their names.

http://pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...EWS01/803150347

UPDATE: Shooting victim in surgery

By Tom Wilber and Kelly Haslinger

Press & Sun-Bulletin

BINGHAMTON -- A man was fighting for his life late Saturday night after a shooting on the city's East Side.

The man, in his mid-30s, was rushed to Wilson Regional Medical Center shortly after 8 p.m. when he was found critically wounded on Griswold Street, according to eyewitnesses and police. He was in surgery late Saturday.

Police were seeking a dark colored SUV that left the crime scene heading north on Griswold Street, said Lt. John Chapman of the Binghamton police. No suspects had been identified as of late Saturday.

The victim, whom police did not identify, suffered from massive bleeding and was undergoing surgery after he was shot in the upper leg near the groin, Chapman said.

Some witnesses identified the victim as Curtis Jones. Police said that was one of several names they had for the victim and could not confirm his identity.

The hospital did not disclose information.

A woman named Amy left the crime scene after being questioned by police and headed to an apartment house on Oliver Street, a block to the east, where she frantically knocked on the door calling for her children. They weren't there. She called them on a cell phone and shouted: "Come home now. You're Uncle Curtis has been shot and he is going to die. I am not kidding."

She said she could not talk to a reporter.

Neighbors, some of them tearful and distraught, gathered on their porches overlooking the scene as police worked their way around the neighborhood interviewing residents. Residents said they were inside their homes when the shooting occurred.

Police blocked off Griswold Street at its intersection with William and George streets. The shooting occurred on Griswold, about midway between the two cross streets.

Some said they knew the victim, but identified him only as a neighbor. None of the witnesses, huddled in small clusters in the glare of flashing police lights, would disclose their names.

http://pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...EWS01/803150347

Big shocker that no one would talk. How's that "snitches get stitches" philosophy going for you?

Guest Guest

So Binghamton, do you like waking to this type of news?

A small town of 45,000, how often have we now had to read this type of headline?

The police chief just quit, that’s the second one in two years.

The police have been without a contract for two years. Matt Ryan’s left wing stooges, Tarik Abdelazim and Dara Silberstein, gave away the farm to Teamsters, Civil Servants and firefighters locking the last group into a four-year ,14% increase making them per capita the biggest, most expensive fire department per capita in the country but they refuse to pay the police.

Matt Ryan wants to dissolve the police force and incorporate it into the Broome County Sheriff’s department at the very time crime is skyrocketing. Ryan wants to cut police costs so he can continue to hire his useless cronies like Tarik Abdelazim, Luke Day, Merry Harris, Ana Shaelo-Johnson, Jim Dessauer et al. in useless positions like Blight Coordinators and Youth Directors and Community Relations Directors. Matt Ryan thinks kids making videos is going to curb violent crime.

Moral is down the tubes in police department.

Thanks to Matt Ryan and his fellow City Council puppets of Mary Clark’s Citizen Action/Working Families Party like Bob Weslar, Lea Webb, Sean Massey, Ed Collins and all the rest, violent crime had risen 42% in 18 months. Larceny had risen 22.5% in one year. Business taxes have risen almost 15% in two years. Meanwhile crime is going down elsewhere in Broome County It was going down in the City of Binghamton before Matt Ryan took office.

Violent crime in 2005 = 176 incidents.

Violent crime in 2006 = 206 incidents. (17% increase from 2005)

Violent crime in half of 2007 - 125 incidents. (21.3% increase from first half of 2006, projected total 249)

Keep in mind violent crime in the rest of Broome County went down 5% in the same time period

Binghamton is now way over the national crime average go see:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Binghamton-New-York.html

City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 323.2)

2003 - 302.9

2004 - 299.9

2005 - 309.7

2006 - 353.4

Keep voting Mary Clark’s Citizen Action/Working Families Party candidates into office. Her employee Lea Webb accompanied her buddy Davone Nealy (felon and a Ryan campaign worker) to Albany at Ryan's and Clark's suggestion to REPRESENT Binghamton at a Public Security conference with other Citizen Action flunkies at taxpayer expense.

How is that for good judgment?

Nealy, Webb and their Citizen Action buddies sat in on police surveillance discussions before Nealy was re-arrested and indicted on 93 felony counts last summer but Webb and her Citizen Action riff-raff still attend public security and neighborhood watch meetings. The fox rules the hen house.

Now we learn the Rescue Mission of Syracuse will be bringing in busloads of homeless to Binghamton to add to the party. Did you vote for that?

Keep in mind your Mayor’s telling words after his arrest and conviction for failure to comply when he told police they had no authority to stop him, lead them on a high speed chase and then told the arresting officers to “F** off”. "I'd like to communicate my frame of mind to the DA before going to court."- Matt Ryan, Mirandized in his sworn testimony to Vestal police. Tell us what that frame of mind was and is, Matt.

If you keep voting for Mary Clark’s Citizen Action/Working Families Party (the irony of the name always amuses me given the non-family, no-working people that support it) candidates you can be assured of getting more crime and poverty, that is what she and her organization need to thrive.

A small town of 45,000 people, how many times a year do you want to wake to these headlines, Suspect hunted in city shooting: “Man wounded on East Side ?”

Here are more stories from this newspaper that it's editorial board and city politicians have ignored or tried to sweep under the old, dirty frayed carpet, the tattered fabric of this community:

Crime drops in Broome, rises in Binghamton

October 3, 2007 •• 357 words •• ID: bng44495856

City officials downplay increases By Jim Wright and Brian Liberatore jwright@pressconnects.com Press & Sun-Bulletin In the first six months of 2007, crime was down in Broome County when compared to the same period in 2006, but was up in Binghamton, according to figures released by the state Division of Criminal Justice Services. The report shows a 4.2 percent drop in crime in Broome County and a 5 percent increase in the city. Binghamton, which accounts for 23

Report: Property thefts rise in Binghamton

May 2, 2007 •• 372 words •• ID: bng38632442

Violent crime holds steady By Brian Liberatore bliberatore@pressconnects.com Press & Sun-Bulletin BINGHAMTON — While levels of violent crime in the city have remained fairly steady, a spike in property theft between 2005 and 2006 marks an unwelcome shift in the city. "I have no explanation for it," Binghamton Police Chief Steven Tronovitch said. "It's not an outrageous increase; it's just "significant" (less than 10 months later Tronovitch resigned)

Wake up, Binghamton. Wake up to something different.

PS At least you have a $100,000 muncipal wifi system that doesn't work and nobody needs or uses!

Guest Guest
So Binghamton, do you like waking to this type of news?

A small town of 45,000, how often have we now had to read this type of headline?

The police chief just quit, that’s the second one in two years.

The police have been without a contract for two years. Matt Ryan’s left wing stooges, Tarik Abdelazim and Dara Silberstein, gave away the farm to Teamsters, Civil Servants and firefighters locking the last group into a four-year ,14% increase making them per capita the biggest, most expensive fire department per capita in the country but they refuse to pay the police.

Matt Ryan wants to dissolve the police force and incorporate it into the Broome County Sheriff’s department at the very time crime is skyrocketing. Ryan wants to cut police costs so he can continue to hire his useless cronies like Tarik Abdelazim, Luke Day, Merry Harris, Ana Shaelo-Johnson, Jim Dessauer et al. in useless positions like Blight Coordinators and Youth Directors and Community Relations Directors. Matt Ryan thinks kids making videos is going to curb violent crime.

Moral is down the tubes in police department.

WOW!!! WHAT A JOKE!!!! BROOME COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT??????!!!!!???!!!! I'LL FEEL ALOT SAFER.............................................NOT!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

SHEESH..well it's beginning to look alot like springtime on the East Side, specifically the Griswold,Ely,Williams,George,Robinson,Broad Ave area..there is ALWAYS something going on over here ..ALWAYS..from shootings, to break-ins, from drunks walking into houses, to spousal and neighborhood fights..usually the cops take FOREVER to show up..shoot a black guy though and they're right on the money..now if we could get Code over here to find out why a guy has a coke machine in his front yard, or why certain people get away without cutting their grass all summer or shoveling snow all winter..and why certain city workers seem to congregate at a "certain" house during work hours..life would be much much better.

Time to go vigilante and take back the east side.

WOW!!! WHAT A JOKE!!!! BROOME COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT??????!!!!!???!!!! I'LL FEEL ALOT SAFER.............................................NOT!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

City Hall can only get away with what the Citizens allow. And Tolerate.

Why is minority Rule tolerated?

Guest Guest
Time to go vigilante and take back the east side.

Actually, putting aside vigilantism, why don't neighborhoods organize and try to take back their city? I don't know much about "Neighborhood Watch" -- other than seeing some signs posted and being told people are supposedly be more observant in those areas. ??? But what about actually organizing, whereby citizens take turns in pairs driving around the neighborhood, etc? There must be some pro-active things people can do, instead of just sitting behind lock doors, watching t.v. and allowing it to get worse.

Guest Hospital

The Shooter succeded now it's murder. The victim passed away at the hospital from his wound, he lost alot of blood and was fighting for his life last night while doctors were trying to save him. The suspect is being hunted for this shooting but now it's murder.

Archived