is cheerleading a sport

Guest guest

Guest Guest

how did the CYO comp turn out?

I hate when people come on here after competitions and claim that so-and-so team got robbed or deserved a higher place or anything along those lines, so I apologize in advance for doing this...but St. Anthony's did absolutely not deserve a 3rd place finish. Their tumbling was phenomenal, their dances were the best I saw all day, and they were sharp and clean in all of their cheers. Their stunts weren't the best, but that doesn't alone qualify for that low of a placing. I personally was shocked when they announced them as 3rd.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

I hate when people come on here after competitions and claim that so-and-so team got robbed or deserved a higher place or anything along those lines, so I apologize in advance for doing this...but St. Anthony's did absolutely not deserve a 3rd place finish. Their tumbling was phenomenal, their dances were the best I saw all day, and they were sharp and clean in all of their cheers. Their stunts weren't the best, but that doesn't alone qualify for that low of a placing. I personally was shocked when they announced them as 3rd.

I agree that St. Anthony's did not deserve 3rd. They deserved 2nd to St. Francis. St. John's win was the most shocking.

Guest Guest

that statement describes a sport right there.

[/quo

No it does not at all describe a sport. Just because I can do an athletic action does not make what I am doing a sport.

Cheerleading is a competition, like band. (No I am not hating on band) Just a Band does pretty much the same thing. They perform at athletic events, it takes talent to play an instrument and they have competitions! (And NO I am not calling band an athletic event you may see contradictory in my statements but they are two different ideas.)

Guest get over it

cheerleading is not a sport!!! end of Topic

Court Case involving Qinnipiac University- it is LEGAL- it is NOT A SPORT NOW SHUT UP. You're freaking LEADING cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Guest

yeah...i realize its kinda late to be bringing this bakk up again, but does anyone have and is willing to post the video on youtube of JC at their cny competition ? cause it sure as hell aint tha same one that was done at stacs!!!! i was at the comp and im p.o.'d that i didnt record it!!!!!! >.< unnghhh SO CAN ANY1 HELP OUT ??! :)

Guest Guest

<!--quoteo(post=653386:date=Sep 6 2010, 01:13 PM:name=Guest)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Guest @ Sep 6 2010, 01:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=653386"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->why did the UE varsity cheerleaders drink at a team sleepover the coach was told about it,and nothing is being done about it<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

YET ANOTHER SPORTS COVERUP AT UE - WHERE KIDS GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING AND NO ONE CARES

MIND YOUR OWN BUISNESS AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT UE CHEERLEADERS. OBVIOUSLY IF THIS WAS TRUE THEN SOMETHING WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE ABOUT IT YOU NUMBSKULL.

Guest get real

You're definitely right about that. For some reason there has always been conflict between girl basketball players and cheerleaders...When I was in high school, it was the same way. I'm not sure why, but there is a lot of resentment there....Since you're in high school now, you have never known what it was like to just cheer for boys and actually go places with the team, and I guess since you've never done it, you don't miss anything, but in my opinion it was a much better policy before they changed it.

The resentment could be that girl basketball players are athletes and cheerleaders are pretend athletes. As an athlete I resent cheerleaders claiming to be athletes. It is an insult to atheltes. Tumbling and that stuff is difficult but it is not cheerleading. It is borrowed from gymnastics. Cheerleaders "run" off and on the court prior to and after their cheers. That doesn't mean you should start calling them track athletes.

Get off it and stop arguing. Besides a judge ruled it is not a sport- some college in Connecticut had a case.

Guest Guest

The resentment could be that girl basketball players are athletes and cheerleaders are pretend athletes. As an athlete I resent cheerleaders claiming to be athletes. It is an insult to atheltes. Tumbling and that stuff is difficult but it is not cheerleading. It is borrowed from gymnastics. Cheerleaders "run" off and on the court prior to and after their cheers. That doesn't mean you should start calling them track athletes.

Get off it and stop arguing. Besides a judge ruled it is not a sport- some college in Connecticut had a case.

[/quoting

quite a stretch to call any female basketball player an athlete. that offends me. ever watch a WNBA game???? it is a mockery of basketball. that's why the NBA has to support it financially. i understand high school is different and the kids are having fun and competing. that's great. but if you don't have a kid playing, it's kinda hard to watch.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

UE sports used to be respected on and off the field.

New AD is corrupt and will do anything to win something. He is immature.

UE's new motto is, coverup anything you have to in order to win.

Guest Guest

UE sports used to be respected on and off the field.

New AD is corrupt and will do anything to win something. He is immature.

UE's new motto is, coverup anything you have to in order to win.

yes, he's the inmature one.

why did the UE varsity cheerleaders drink at a team sleepover the coach was told about it,and nothing is being done about it

How is that any of your business? If it was your kid, you're a fool for broadcasting your lack of parenting skills and if it isn't, perhaps you should stop worrying about teenage girls.

Archived