is cheerleading a sport

Guest guest

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In respoonse to post #120...NEITHER the UE or JC coach was fired or lectured for any "actions at or after STAC." That's an obnoxious comment, and get your facts straight before you post crazy rumors like that.

In respoonse to post #120...NEITHER the UE or JC coach was fired or lectured for any "actions at or after STAC." That's an obnoxious comment, and get your facts straight before you post crazy rumors like that.

amen!

Cheerleading is an athletic event, not a sport. That is how. Sure your video of cheerleading worlds is just a high energy, choreographed routine.. With lots of synchronized lifts and hand springs and what not.. excuse my lingo. These girls are obviously some of the best in the world so of course it will look good. There is no art to this as there is in a professional dance performance, cheerleading competitions are what I have explained, a choreographed routine with running jumping and throwing people. No I can not perform a double back super twist hand spring nor do I care. The athletic talent is incredible, but it is no sport.

Guest msoccermom

<!--quoteo(post=653991:date=Sep 8 2010, 07:33 AM:name=Guest)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Guest @ Sep 8 2010, 07:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=653991"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Since you have no life I am guessing your around 45 when the drinking age was 18. So you didnt drink until you were 18? Sure<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The post was drenched in sarcasm. If you couldn't pick up on it, you should be put in a special needs home.

I was thinking that, how could someone not know that was sarcastic?

Cheerleading is an athletic event, not a sport. That is how. Sure your video of cheerleading worlds is just a high energy, choreographed routine.. With lots of synchronized lifts and hand springs and what not.. excuse my lingo. These girls are obviously some of the best in the world so of course it will look good. There is no art to this as there is in a professional dance performance, cheerleading competitions are what I have explained, a choreographed routine with running jumping and throwing people. No I can not perform a double back super twist hand spring nor do I care. The athletic talent is incredible, but it is no sport.

that statement describes a sport right there.

Why dont the cheerleaders cheer for sectional games? So much for school spirit. Goooooo team!!! What a joke. I understand cheerleading has changed but finish the season girls!

Why dont the cheerleaders cheer for sectional games? So much for school spirit. Goooooo team!!! What a joke. I understand cheerleading has changed but finish the season girls!

Well I've been going to the CV boys + girls sectional games, and their cheerleaders have been at all the home games like their supposed to be, what schools aren't doing this?

Guest Guest

Not all teams are allowed to cheer at the sectional games due to the Title 9 controversy. That's an AD decision.

Right. Since 2007 (maybe 2008, I can't remember), cheerleaders no longer just cheer for boys' games, they also cheer for the girls. Which also meant they had to lessen their travel so they no longer cheer at away games. Technically since sectional games are away, they probably aren't allowed to cheer.

Speaking of the title 9 issues, what are your thoughts on it? I remember when it happened, girls were outraged. I graduated right before this happened, so I was very glad that we didn't have to change the way we cheered. One thing that is not fair for the girls is that the only way they see their "competition" is by going to games. Since none of the teams can go to away games, they now can't see other teams.

Guest Guest

Right. Since 2007 (maybe 2008, I can't remember), cheerleaders no longer just cheer for boys' games, they also cheer for the girls. Which also meant they had to lessen their travel so they no longer cheer at away games. Technically since sectional games are away, they probably aren't allowed to cheer.

Speaking of the title 9 issues, what are your thoughts on it? I remember when it happened, girls were outraged. I graduated right before this happened, so I was very glad that we didn't have to change the way we cheered. One thing that is not fair for the girls is that the only way they see their "competition" is by going to games. Since none of the teams can go to away games, they now can't see other teams.

I'm a current cheerleader and I mean I understand where they are coming from with equal boy and girls games. But I know at my school none of the cheerleaders want to cheer for the girls, and no one on the girls basketball team wants them there. I feel that within the school each year the cheerleaders and girls basketball players should get together and hold a vote on it.

Guest Guest

I'm a current cheerleader and I mean I understand where they are coming from with equal boy and girls games. But I know at my school none of the cheerleaders want to cheer for the girls, and no one on the girls basketball team wants them there. I feel that within the school each year the cheerleaders and girls basketball players should get together and hold a vote on it.

You're definitely right about that. For some reason there has always been conflict between girl basketball players and cheerleaders...When I was in high school, it was the same way. I'm not sure why, but there is a lot of resentment there....Since you're in high school now, you have never known what it was like to just cheer for boys and actually go places with the team, and I guess since you've never done it, you don't miss anything, but in my opinion it was a much better policy before they changed it.

Guest Guest

You're definitely right about that. For some reason there has always been conflict between girl basketball players and cheerleaders...When I was in high school, it was the same way. I'm not sure why, but there is a lot of resentment there....Since you're in high school now, you have never known what it was like to just cheer for boys and actually go places with the team, and I guess since you've never done it, you don't miss anything, but in my opinion it was a much better policy before they changed it.

But I used to cheer CYO and we did go to boys home and away games so I kinda have an idea of what I'm missing but it still doesn't feel that weird because it's what I've always done in high school.

Guest Guest

This pointless thread has been continuing for way too long...someone please stop it...cheerleading is pointless and not a sport!

if you think its pointless then dont comment!!! DUH!!! are you stupid?

But cheerleaders don't get the credit where its deserved. And that video of CV from STAC was NOT 5th place material. They had 9 tumblers and seton had 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That right there is not right.

Guest Guest

if you think its pointless then dont comment!!! DUH!!! are you stupid?

But cheerleaders don't get the credit where its deserved. And that video of CV from STAC was NOT 5th place material. They had 9 tumblers and seton had 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That right there is not right.

please stop. nobody cares except the psycho cheerleaders and their equally immature coaches and parents. the rest of the world sees you as a joke, and this thread proves why they do.

Archived