is cheerleading a sport

Guest guest

Let me ask another question. Is one of the previous posters saying that after JC won the overall comp at CNY, they then waited a week where they then spied on UE's merely division winning routine. They then in just six days, decided to scrap their own routine and stole UE's instead, and mastered it in under a week in time to beat them at STAC? Is that the truth? If so, that's a pretty amazing accomplishment in and of itself.

At the same time, I've asked over and over again here and elsewhere, for someone to point out just what elements of UE's routine did JC steal? I don't see it. The problem is, is that before anyone takes the time to tell me, they're instead off saying ow the judges were biased and that UE's routine was waaaay better than JC's. It's so hard to keep up sometimes, their excuses change so darned quickly.

Welcome to UE world where WE DID SIX FULLS AND NOTHING ELSE MATTERS SO GIVE US THE TROPHY!!!!!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me ask another question. Is one of the previous posters saying that after JC won the overall comp at CNY, they then waited a week where they then spied on UE's merely division winning routine. They then in just six days, decided to scrap their own routine and stole UE's instead, and mastered it in under a week in time to beat them at STAC? Is that the truth? If so, that's a pretty amazing accomplishment in and of itself.

At the same time, I've asked over and over again here and elsewhere, for someone to point out just what elements of UE's routine did JC steal? I don't see it. The problem is, is that before anyone takes the time to tell me, they're instead off saying ow the judges were biased and that UE's routine was waaaay better than JC's. It's so hard to keep up sometimes, their excuses change so darned quickly.

Welcome to UE world where WE DID SIX FULLS AND NOTHING ELSE MATTERS SO GIVE US THE TROPHY!!!!!

Johnson City @ CNY- 189.5 points

Union Endicott @ NYS Championship- 208.5 points

JC did not enter that week's CNY competition, you know the one where UE failed to win the overall comp. They were entered automatically because they did in fact win the overall comp at the previous week's CNY state competition. They were unaware of this until the friday before the second competition, and they quite literally could neither afford nor schedule an appearance on such short notice.

"An even if a single person wore something you shouldn't stereotype (you may not have covered this word yet in your limited education, but I am sure you know how to use google - so look it up) a whole group for that"

One other bit of advice, it would serve you well not to highlight another's supposed lack of an education within the context of such a grammatical nightmare of a sentence you composed. Let's just say you suffer in comparison.

you're not fooling anyone. you dont get entered into the next cny competition because of winning another cny competition? nice try though, keep 'em comin!

At JC/UE game cheerleaders were yelling back and forth at each other after the game in the parking lot. It was priceless. Words ho and bitch were used several times.

Ok, so to answer the original question, "is cheerleading a sport".... after reading this forum, I'm going to say no. It's a complete and utter joke. You people need to get a grip.

Ok, so to answer the original question, "is cheerleading a sport".... after reading this forum, I'm going to say no. It's a complete and utter joke. You people need to get a grip.

if it doesn't apply, let it flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;-*

Actually, I would say it is a sport, in the form of a catfight, as evidenced here.

You should put the video you have of JC at CNY Winter Classic up on youtube so everyone can see what we all already know, the fact that JC cheated.

How the hell can a cheerleader cheat? Pull their skirt up more? Suck off the judges? Please let me know because if so ill be a judge!

How the hell can a cheerleader cheat? Pull their skirt up more? Suck off the judges? Please let me know because if so ill be a judge!

Some of the girls took uppers to enhance their performance. Should have a drug test, you know pee in a bottle.

Some of the girls took uppers to enhance their performance. Should have a drug test, you know pee in a bottle.

just get the h#ll outta here nobody wants to hear your stupid comments!

that had nothing to do with why this was posted, nice fact though.

My point was that all the scores at stac were completely different from the cny competitions.

Horseheads beat JC at an informal competition between several schools in Corning almost a month ago, not at CNY. JC used only about half their routine and didn't use a lot of tumbling. It was a nice mid-season warm-up for them and benefitted them greatly, but they weren't there to be competitive.

JC were grand champions at the CNY meet. Look it up, cnycheer.com

yes, just like UE was state champs, as well as many other schools. they did not win the OVERALL competition, as UE has done every year they've been to CNY, and last year at states.

Ummmmmmm, actually JC did. cnycheer.com/results/winter classic Scroll down after the division winners to were the selet the grand champion, what does it say? Johnson City. As for UE, every year but this year you mean, where they were not the highest overall finisher, they merely won their division. Geez UE, what is it with you guys, just like in STAC, do you think that by simply saying it over and over again, something becomes true? You should make t-shirts for yourselves saying State Champs 2011. Hope they look good on you. JC meanwhile will have to settle for the actual trophies.

Still waiting. Between here, you tube, and facebook, there have been dozens and dozens of claims that JC spied on UE at states and stole their routine. All I've asked, is what part of UE's routine did they steal. I've watched both routines several times, and they are very unique. So someone tell me.

Guest watched it

Okay I watched the video above and this is my impression ( and I am not a cheerleading parent, but, I have kids who dance so I am not totally ignorant on choreography and technique). I feel that UE was superior. Sorry to those who disagree. JC was not syncronized and the precision was not as clean and crisp as UE's. I see JC girls falling out of moves, not completing moves, tumbling off of the mat, different legs raised and not as much teamwork as is evident by the solo tumbling. I don't see flyers (?) like UE has which adds to the routine and difficulty by having to catch them and the girls having to prepare themselves to be caught. Also the male cheerleader adds some twists and added levels of difficulty to the routine that JC doesn't have. The placement/choreography of people also seems to be more complex in UE's routine. So, attack me and disagree if you must and I am sure you will. It doesn't bother me as I have no other interest except to offer a opinion while the rest of you argue over this. I am neutral. Thanks for asking though. Continued good luck to all cheerleaders. Thanks for being apart of the high school experience for all.

Finally, a respectful answer where someone states their reasons why they felt UE should've scored higher, as opposed to slinging personal attacks (JC stole the routine, judges were corrupt, etc.) Nobody ever said it wasn't close or that feeling UE was better was unacceptable. My responses have been in part because te vast majority of UE parents and fans have done none of that, they have simply refused to even discuss the fact that it was close, instead resorting to trash talking and personal attacks.

In response to the above post, I do disagree in some part. First off, no one argues that when it comes to the most difficult tumbling move, UE is hands down superior to JC and everyone else. In years past, UE essentially had a 20-30 point advantage right from the get go, not just from the difficult tumbling, but from their depth at tumbling as well. The problem I have with this year, is that their routine severely minimized that. People tend to get caught up in their multiple fulls and so forth but they fail to notice that for some strange reason, that seemed to be all they focused on in their routine. Look at their routine again when they do their fulls, and when the male cheerleader pulls off his moves. Half the team or more is simply standing there doing nothing, eight count after eight count goes by with a majority off the squaed simply resting and waiting. Stunning when you consider that we all know that 12-14 cheerleaders are excellent tumblers, but for much of the routine they did nothing but watch the fulls. You score as much for depth in tumbling as you do for difficulty. The impressive moves were sort of negated by the fact that for much of it half the team was simply resting.

UE always used to spread the floor out and made diaginal pass after pass, an endless waves of amazoing tumbling. Look at any top team out there, and they all do this, as it shows off their depth and skill and the same time. UE always used to blow everyone out of the water with this. This year they did not. Instead they crafted a routine that appeared to hide what appeared to be a lack of tumbling depth, as many teams do. We know this is not the case, so I can't understand their routine. Meanwhile JC, and CV for that matter did do that each for the first time. Sure they weren't as clean, or nearly as good as UE's top end tumbling, but to an observer who knew nothing about any squad, based on the routines alone, one would figure that UE had better top end, but that JC or CV had more depth. We know this is not true, but based on the routines alone, that was the affect on the judges. Was UE as better tumbling team overall? Yes they were, but the 20-30 point advantage they always have, and that they should've had, much of this was negated by a terrible routine that minimized this advantage. Sure JC's tumbling is greatly improved, but it never should've even been close to UE's. Thanks to UE's routine, they were. This opened the door for the other aspects of the routine, stunting, tosses, cheer, dance, to prove to be decisive, and in my opinion, and the judges, JC was superior.

The one aspect of the previous post I strongly, but respectfully disagree, is in tossing. UE was good, but in my opinion, JC was just as good, if not even better. Both squads did wonderfully in this aspect though.

Archived