Who has the best mac & cheese

Guest Guest

Wegmans has some of the best. Not sure if they have it all the time, but I know they have it on Fridays when I get their fish fry. Home-made, baked, good stuff!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest country girl
make it at home..if not go to tullys...they bake it and it goes really good with a big glass of smithwicks.

I am actually going there tomorrow, maybe I will try it.

If you are making homemade and like to use bread crumbs for the top try this next time...take a box of StoveTop (I like the low sodium for this) and put it through a food processor till it's fine. Put a little butter in a frying pan and toss the crushed stuffing around and toast for a minute or two. Use that for your topping, it is awesome! I usually only use half, toast one half and put the other half in the freezer.

For restaurant mac & cheese Yanni's is pretty good, it's the Friday special.

@

MY recipe:

1 Whole large block Velveeta Cheese cut into cubes

1 Whole block Sharp Cheddar cheese cut into cubes

1 box cooked elbow macaroni

milk

salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder

Place cubes of Velveeta and Cheddar into slow cooker with cooked elbow macaroni. Add enough milk to fill to top of macaroni & cheese mixture, don't go over. Add salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic to taste. Stir and turn slow cooker on low for about 4-5 hours or until all cheese is melted. Enjoy!!

Guest country girl
MY recipe:

milk

Place cubes of Velveeta and Cheddar into slow cooker with cooked elbow macaroni. Add enough milk to fill to top of macaroni & cheese mixture, don't go over. Add salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic to taste. Stir and turn slow cooker on low for about 4-5 hours or until all cheese is melted. Enjoy!!

Yum, that sounds really good. Thanks for sharing!!

@

MY recipe:

milk

I usually do the butter, milk, roux, sharp cheese type but this sounds great. Plan to make yours weekend. Thanks.

Guest Guest
Sorry, but Uncle Pete (Tommy's (Diner) Uncle) makes the best Mac & Chesse.....................hands down the best around!!!!

I am confused, where is the place to get it?

@

Guest Guest
2 cups dried elbow macaroni (4 cups cooked)

1/3 cup grated Cheddar

1/3 cup grated Swiss

1/3 cup grated Jack

1/3 cup grated colby

1/3 cup grated Muenster

1/3 cup grated Gouda

1/2 cup sour cream

4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces

6 eggs

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 cup milk

Nonstick spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large pot, bring water to boil. Season water with salt and cook macaroni until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl and while pasta is still hot add all the cheese. In a separate medium bowl, using a whisk, combine the sour cream, butter, eggs, salt, pepper, and milk and add to the macaroni mixture. Spray casserole dish with nonstick and pour macaroni mixture into the dish. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Top with additional cheese, if desired

Also know as heart attack in a pan but sure sounds YUMMY and occasional guilty pleasure - I may try it...but I am afraid I may LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Thanks for the recipe!

Guest country girl
Also know as heart attack in a pan but sure sounds YUMMY and occasional guilty pleasure - I may try it...but I am afraid I may LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Thanks for the recipe!

It does sound awesome doesnt it? I absolutely love macaroni & cheese. Cant wait to try some of these recipes and suggestions.

@

Guest Guest
Anybody have any suggestions on what restaurants have really good macaroni & cheese? I have tried Nandos, The Spot, Red Oak, Piccolos, and Wegmans. Looking for other suggestions.

Lane's on Main St. has great mac/cheese!

Archived