Who has the best mac & cheese

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Anybody have any suggestions on what restaurants have really good macaroni & cheese? I have tried Nandos, The Spot, Red Oak, Piccolos, and Wegmans. Looking for other suggestions.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 cups dried elbow macaroni (4 cups cooked)

1/3 cup grated Cheddar

1/3 cup grated Swiss

1/3 cup grated Jack

1/3 cup grated colby

1/3 cup grated Muenster

1/3 cup grated Gouda

1/2 cup sour cream

4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces

6 eggs

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 cup milk

Nonstick spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large pot, bring water to boil. Season water with salt and cook macaroni until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl and while pasta is still hot add all the cheese. In a separate medium bowl, using a whisk, combine the sour cream, butter, eggs, salt, pepper, and milk and add to the macaroni mixture. Spray casserole dish with nonstick and pour macaroni mixture into the dish. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Top with additional cheese, if desired.

Guest Benni Booboo

Not a restaurant, but daily, late morning Gregg's Big M in Whitney Point makes awesome homemade Mac and Cheese. It sells fast. If I am ever up around there I get a couple of small dishes of it and bring it home and freeze it. It is the best I have found.

Guest Guest
2 cups dried elbow macaroni (4 cups cooked)

1/3 cup grated Cheddar

1/3 cup grated Swiss

1/3 cup grated Jack

1/3 cup grated colby

1/3 cup grated Muenster

1/3 cup grated Gouda

1/2 cup sour cream

4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces

6 eggs

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 cup milk

Nonstick spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large pot, bring water to boil. Season water with salt and cook macaroni until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl and while pasta is still hot add all the cheese. In a separate medium bowl, using a whisk, combine the sour cream, butter, eggs, salt, pepper, and milk and add to the macaroni mixture. Spray casserole dish with nonstick and pour macaroni mixture into the dish. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Top with additional cheese, if desired.

Yum, that sounds really good, maybe I will try it this week, thanks.

Guest Guest

Thanks everybody, I never even knew some of the places mentioned had mac & cheese. Keep the suggestions coming if you have any more. Thanks again.

It's not magic. Hell, I make great macaroni and cheese. You have to layer the cheese and top it off with a layer of crushed crackers. Top it off with salmon patties with a white sauce, and life is good. My grandma taught me that. She was a survivor of what she called "the Binghamton shirt fire". There have been threads on here about that day, but I never post on them, cause it makes me cry.

Guest Guest mac&cheese

Off the kids menu at Outback! The sauce leans a little more to the side of alfredo...but my daughter and I both love it!

Guest Guest
Anybody have any suggestions on what restaurants have really good macaroni & cheese? I have tried Nandos, The Spot, Red Oak, Piccolos, and Wegmans. Looking for other suggestions.

Southside Yanni's - Friday's special

Guest Guest

real butter, real milk, nice roue stir in real cheese add to pasta top with bread crumbs sprinkle with pepper bake until toasty. Darn good eats if you keep it simple

Guest OSCEOLA

Chris's Diner, on State Street in Binghamton has the best Mac'Cheese. Try it you will like it.

BIG SELLER ON FRIDAYS ALONG WITH A GOOD PIECE OF HADDOCK--THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!!

Rolandos Diner,court st. on fridays hand down the best,doing it since 1970-original gangster

SAVE THE CAPS<YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!

Guest Patricia

Your question captured my eye immediately. The best mac and cheese my daughter and I ever had (and cannot duplicate) was made by an African-American woman in Virginia. She brought it to a get-together; it was a huge pan and I thought she must be insane bringing so much. But, it all disappeared. Another guest and I tried to get her recipe but she wouldn't give it out. (Yes, annoying.) We both think it had a sweetness to it, if that helps. Also, no crustiness, but very creamy.

I've tried so many recipes, a lot of them by Southern personalities, but none can match it. I've given up. Help!

The best Mac & Cheese is the fried mac & cheese (appetizer) at the Cheesecake Factory.

Archived