Wno is going to Church on Palm Sunday?

Brighteyes

Want to go to church today. Haven't been in along time. Can't get my family to go with me. Thinking about going alone. Is this weird or okay. Anyone else going today? Planning on making a big turkey dinner today also. Does anyone else do a special dinner on Palm Sunday. I have to work on Easter unfortunately so want to make it special today. Let's hear your thoughts on Palm Sunday.

Going up North so no church for me....Im i bad ?

Nope, you are not bad. I haven't been to church in along time, but feel like I need something in my life. Could never find a church I really liked. Was raised a Baptist, married a Catholic. Never have officially belonged to an organized religion. Thinking about attending a Methodist church today that a friend belongs too.

I'm out. Don't believe in it...never have.

That's okay Sleepless. Everyone has a right to their own beliefs. I'm just curious why you don't believe in it.

Guest Guest

I wish I read your post earlier, I haven't been to a church in quite awhile and looking to go every now and then. I would feel alittle awkward going into a new church by myself. I was raised a Catholic and later became a Christian. There are some very good churches here that are trying to draw in more of our youth. Great post Bright Eyes. Hey Sleepless did you ever answer Bright Eyes question? Just curious since I know you.

Guest The REAL AFC

All of you who are rejecting the one true church - the Catholic church - will have to answer to God! You are all going to burn in hell.

Guest Just Lookin

Hey Bright Eyes we are just about on the same page! I hadn't been to church in a long time, but felt that I was needing something new in my life and needed to make some changes. I felt awkward about going alone to a church that I was unfamilar with as well. I did do it though. I went to a methodist church in Vestal about a month ago that I never attended before. I went at the last minute so I could sit in the back and not bring attention to myself sitting alone. I found that while it was a little uncomfortable it wasn't that bad either. I too want to go to church today and am thinking of going back to that same church since I haven't found another yet that has services when I'd like them (11:00). Wish I knew a way to contact you, we could go together.

I went last night actually. It is not odd to go alone. Be your own person.

I must remark to AFC. I am a faithful Roman Catholic and follow the tenets of the church. But the church is a living body that should welcome people to it. Your rhetoric is divisive. Learn to teach and encourage. The old more bees with honey than vinegar applies here. I would also refer you to Luke 18:9-14. Your own bitterness may consume you. Live, love and laugh a bit.

I wish I read your post earlier, I haven't been to a church in quite awhile and looking to go every now and then. I would feel alittle awkward going into a new church by myself. I was raised a Catholic and later became a Christian. There are some very good churches here that are trying to draw in more of our youth. Great post Bright Eyes. Hey Sleepless did you ever answer Bright Eyes question? Just curious since I know you.

I'll speak for Sleepless, because that lunatic Billy banned him forever! When you die, you die. That's it...lights out forever. Live this life the best you can, "cause it's all you got.

I'll speak for Sleepless, because that lunatic Billy banned him forever! When you die, you die. That's it...lights out forever. Live this life the best you can, "cause it's all you got.

Yea and by the sounds of a few other posts you've made today, your number is just about up. You better go, your going to need all the help you can get ! :P:P

Guest Benni Booboo

Church use to be a very important part of my life up until about 3 years ago. I started realizing how judgemental everyone was. I have done more spiritual growing since I left the church. I always felt as if I did not meet God's standards. It was always represented that God loves you...if you do this, this and this. I see things much more clearly and am more compassionate than most of my church going acquaintances. I love the statement: I believe in the separation of church and hate! Also, I raised my children in the church thinking I was being a good parent, but they hate going to church because of the people and cliques. How ironic that it is the church itself that turned my family against it. However, we have a strong faith in God and believe in our values, we just do not feel the need to associate with a church.

My alter ego Frodo already answered for me...how do you know me?

Hey, Brighteyes - did you end up going to church today? Feel much the same way as you and Just Looking. Can't find anywhere I'm comfortable. Raised Catholic but won't go there anymore. Just wondering how it worked out. Loved the idea of a big family dinner, though. Just didn't have the energy to actually make one. Saving it all for next Sunday. Have to pace my self, ya know.

Guest The Real AFC
I went last night actually. It is not odd to go alone. Be your own person.

I must remark to AFC. I am a faithful Roman Catholic and follow the tenets of the church.

So do I. You are a CATHOLIC, of the Roman Rite, to be precise. If you actually knew the tenants of the CHURCH you would know what I say is the TRUTH.

But the church is a living body that should welcome people to it.

The people who remain outside the Catholic Church refuse to believe in the FULLNESS of the truth the CC teaches, as you should know.

Your rhetoric is divisive. Learn to teach and encourage. The old more bees with honey than vinegar applies here.

The truth is DIVISIVE. Look how many disciples the Lord lost when they refused to believe in His discourse of the Eucharist. Did Jesus chase them down and correct Himself? Did he plead with them to come back? Nope. He let them GO.

I do teach the TRUTH. Those that preach against the Catholic Church are WRONG. This should be nothing new to you.

I would also refer you to Luke 18:9-14. Your own bitterness may consume you. Live, love and laugh a bit.

I don't have bitterness, but I receive a lot of it. The Truth that the CC proclaims upsets many people. It is not me who hates.

Sorry for the spelling mistakes in advance. :angry:

:) Wish I would've read this post before I left for church this morning, you would have been more than welcome to come with me Bright Eyes. Hey JL, I attend "First Assembly of God Church" on Washington Ave. in Binghamton (across from the forum) and our service starts at 11:00 AM, actually we also have one at 8:30AM, but I never make that one. If anyone would like to come with on Easter Sunday let me know.....

Thanks to all of you who offered to go to church with me. Yes, I did go and went alone. I went to a Methodist church up in Binghamton that a friend of mine attends. My friend wasn't feeling well, so didn't go. I too sat in the back to not attract attention to myself. It was a little awkward at first, but it was actually nice. I felt a sense of peace I have been missing for a long time. The people were nice and didn't bother me. They just said "Welcome" and told me to come back again. All my life I have been searching for a church I like and maybe have found one. Too bad it is way up in Binghamton. Just got done eating the turkey dinner I fixed. Waiting for the pumpkin pies to finish for dessert. Feels like Thanksgiving on Palm Sunday. Sometimes, I don't think it was worth it to fix this big dinner since it seems like my family doesn't appreciate it and won't help a bit with the cleanup or dishes. They just make rotten comments about my gravy, etc. They eat in about 10 minutes, get up and walk away. Why do I bother? I bust my butt all day to make a good dinner and my daughter couldn't even be bothered to get out of her pajamas all day. A little respect would be nice. Sorry about all of the whining. :P

Archived