Windsor Break Ins

Guest Windsor Alert

Guest Windsor Alert

Has this happened to anyone else?

12:30 AM woke to baby crying, got up, changed him, put him back to bed,went downstairs for a drink. We found our door wide open and all of the windows in the living room unlocked. Far as we can tell nothing was missing. We believe we may have scared off who ever was in the house when we got up with the baby.

hey there

what road do you live on? windsor is HUGE! village, west, east?

goodness, this isn't a good thing!! lock up next time

and if you didnt report it.. make sure you do

If you can responsibly own a firearm then a 20GA shotgun will be a great defender. Dont just buy it, load it, and put it in a closet. Take a firearm safety course, learn the firearm, and PRACTICE!! Practice safe loading, unloading, handling, and shooting. Then LOCK IT!!!

If you dont think that would be a good option for you then I would advise you to invest in a security system. Even if you cant afford the monthly cost you can still hook up an inexpensive system that would alert you and your neighborhood of an intruder.

Me personally, I am very happy with my security system. I have 1st floor motion sensors that sound a small alarm in the bedrooms. I have an M-4 with 30 round mags in my lock box next to the night stand. If there is an intruder I will make darn sure they know that lethal force will be used if they remain in my house.

Good luck and stay safe.

A good dog....your best friend and alerter and protector.

I'm partial to German Shepherds myself

I have a German Shepherd and although she looks like she would eat you for dinner she is the biggest baby. We make sure that her presence is well known, but when it comes right down to it I don't expect her to protect us.

Unlocking the windows sounds like they were setting up for a return visit. Probably someone who knows you. Buy yourself a .45 acp and keep it loaded next to the bed. Someone breaks in, keep squeezing the trigger till she's empty.

That's a good way to end up in jail.

The laws are written so that you can't just shoot someone for being in your house. They have to attack or very clearly threaten to attack you before you can use deadly force.

The laws are written so that you can't just shoot someone for being in your house. They have to attack or very clearly threaten to attack you before you can use deadly force.

Dead men don't talk........

Yes, don't think you have immunity with deadly force. As I understand it, you have to be able to show you had no way to get around your intuder and flee.

"He kept lunging at me with the knife and there was no way of escape behind me". Did I mention to keep an extra knife around that only has the intruders prints on it?

They do have a gun. They were prepared to use it. It sucks that you need to have a loaded gun in your house for protection. Especially with young children in the house.

The worst part is once someone has invaded your space you're never comfortable in your own home.

BTW. They did call the cops. And are having a security system installed Monday.

They do have a gun. They were prepared to use it. It sucks that you need to have a loaded gun in your house for protection. Especially with young children in the house.

The worst part is once someone has invaded your space you're never comfortable in your own home.

BTW. They did call the cops. And are having a security system installed Monday.

Yes, it does suck!

If I ever came downstairs and found my door wide open, I can't imagine what I'd do.

It is all about how you tell your story. If you have a family, just tell the police that you felt that they were in danger. Then aim and shoot.

Has this happened to anyone else?

12:30 AM woke to baby crying, got up, changed him, put him back to bed,went downstairs for a drink. We found our door wide open and all of the windows in the living room unlocked. Far as we can tell nothing was missing. We believe we may have scared off who ever was in the house when we got up with the baby.

It seems rather coincidental that your baby crying occurred at the same time as the botched house intrusion.

Is there any possibility your baby was in on it? Babies can be quite crafty. :huh:

Archived