WBNG

Peter Dragon

Why must WBNG, broadcast the same news reports,and weather forecast from 5:00 AM until 7:00 AM ?

I think its funny how every half hour they roll the credits, then start the show up again and do the exact same broadcast. I know that maybe different people in the credits work on different timeslots, but they can't roll all the names at the end of the several hours of broadcasting?

Guest Guest

GUESS THIS REALLY HELPED ----NOT

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 4:55 PM

To: stormtrackerweather@wbngtv.com

Subject: Weather Reporting - early5-5:30am

I would like to put a concern to you.

First of all, Julia is gone, and although she was a great person, she "hogged the screen" which was mostly because of her size.

Now you have this other guy there, smaller in frame, but give us a break will you.

He stands in the middle of the screen. You can't see the weather map and we have a 52" LCD.

If this continues, WBNG will become a "deleted" channel on our system.

We know we are not alone, as there are a many of others who feel the same, just have the means to state what they feel.

Tell this guy to stand off further to the left so we can se the screen! ! ! !

Thanks

On 3/11/08, Doug Peters <peters@wbngtv.com> wrote:

Thank you for watching. We'll take a look at some tape. It may not be that Justin standing in front of the map, it may be that the camera shot of Justin is zoomed in too much. Either way we'll try to make the maps more viewable.

Took a poll last Wednesday and Thursday about weather reporting on WBNG here at work.

122 people responded.

62 state they would like to be able to view the weather map without having a person in the picture at all.

13 state they don't mind because all they do is listen and then change the station

52 don't watch WBNG at all for anything because they feel WBNG is to BIAS, much like the PSB and could never understand how awards were given for poor reporting claiming to be # 1

Based on this, we have changed our station also.

So we hope your reporters like hogging the screen.

Bye - Bye

SO WE'VE DELETED WBNG-12 FROM OUR REMOTE MENU SETTING -- SO MUCH FOR WBNG-12

Guest Guest

Forgot to add that the true number of people we asked was 127 and made it 122 just to see if he would respond about the numbers.

He didn't and thus tends us to believe he's full of crap-ol-la and they could care less because they have the attitude they are above all.

Guest Guest

Never mind all of that, it is a revolving door policy at that station and this is why we see new faces all the time. No credibility at all! I wrote them shortly after "Dr. Bill" began working there asking them to do an investigative report about a man that was living in Arizona with at least 5 children, who had a PHd, making a move to Binghamton, NY for work. First starting at Fox 40 for a short while and then going over to WBNG. It did not make a lot of sense to me and I wanted them to look into his past and check out his references. They refused to do the report and even refused to tell people why "Dr. Bill" was let go. WBNG is a farce.

First of all, Julia is gone, and although she was a great person, she "hogged the screen" which was mostly because of her size.

Now you have this other guy there, smaller in frame, but give us a break will you.

He stands in the middle of the screen. You can't see the weather map and we have a 52" LCD.

We know we are not alone, as there are a many of others who feel the same, just have the means to state what they feel.

Thanks

Thank you for watching. We'll take a look at some tape. It may not be that Justin standing in front of the map, it may be that the camera shot of Justin is zoomed in too much. Either way we'll try to make the maps more viewable.

Took a poll last Wednesday and Thursday about weather reporting on WBNG here at work.

122 people responded.

62 state they would like to be able to view the weather map without having a person in the picture at all.

13 state they don't mind because all they do is listen and then change the station

52 don't watch WBNG at all for anything because they feel WBNG is to BIAS, much like the PSB and could never understand how awards were given for poor reporting claiming to be # 1

Bye - Bye

I wish I had such trivial things in my life to worry about and consume so much of my time. Lucky you.

Why must WBNG, broadcast the same news reports,and weather forecast from 5:00 AM until 7:00 AM ?

It's really very simple, because it makes sense! (Headline News by the way does basically the same thing in the morning)

There is no network programming at those hours, and morning people tend to get up on the hour or the half-hour (although I am sure some do the quarter-hour and three-quarter-hour). Those that want the news and weather will tune in. So it makes sense to show the same program at half-hour intervals to support those viewers.

I presently get up at 6:00am each morning and hit CNN Headline News and WBNG like clockwork while I prepare for work. I USED to get up at 6:30am and do the same. My time changed by 30 minutes yet my viewing schedule has remained unchanged.

The alternative is a rotation of Colon Cleanse, Miracle Blade III, Tyson vacuum cleaners and some other infomercial filling those four 30-minute slots. I'll pass.

Wolf

Guest Guest

Thanks

122 people responded.

Bye - Bye

Wow...what a flaming JERK.

I would've circular filed your BS, too.

Guest Guest
If all they can do is basically keep showing reruns of the morning news than, Don't come on the air so early . Keep the screen blank.

Then people would CARP about that. Some people have nothing better to do with their time then complain. Here is an idea....DON'T WATCH ALL THE BROADCASTS! Did you ever think that they might do that for the people who can't watch the 5 o'clock one but can make it to the 6 o'clock one? It is not for you lazy, jobless people who just sit there all day doing nothing but shoving your face and watching TV.

Archived