JC Little League

Guest Fed Up Parent

Guest Guest
So much for Coach Pat Garey who was supposed to be agreat coach. Not to good if his players doesn't have any discipline. And he's a big shot for the state Police? What a joke -hope you read this you jerk! Oh yeah, before people start responding.., I have nothing involved with the JCLL.

Coach Pat Garey is an awesome coach and ALL of his players are very good kids who are very disciplined. You are the joke, maybe you should know your facts before you start spewing at the mouth loser.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
So much for Coach Pat Garey who was supposed to be agreat coach. Not to good if his players doesn't have any discipline. And he's a big shot for the state Police? What a joke -hope you read this you jerk! Oh yeah, before people start responding.., I have nothing involved with the JCLL.

Wow, do you have issues. The name suits you. I believe that you read all of the previous posts incorrectly if you're targeting Coach Garey as a coach who doesn't instill integrity, character, DISCIPLINE, and morals in any kid he coaches whether it be baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, girls softball, etc. Perhaps you played for him in the past and didn't earn your spot in the starting line-up because you didn't give 100% to the team or yourself!? That's the only way you would have been a bench sander.

You've obviously never taken the time to get to know Pat and what he's about or what he believes in for kids. While it's nice that he steps up to coach a team that his kid is on, it's not the only reason he coaches. He believes in all kids all the time and he believes in making a program the best it can be for all the kids in it. He's 100% honest, 100% of the time.

What's his position with the State Police have to do with him being a coach? Again, his position with the State Police is driven by a desire to make things better for YOU, retard. Do you think that he's a cop because he suffers from little man syndrome like you obviously do!? He has the creativity, character, and intelligence to do so much more than that. You're just lucky that he does what he does. Fine job, Mr. Garey!

I'm not married to him, related to him, nor do I work with him. I just choose to volunteer my time the same way he does - for kids. Our paths have crossed many a time through the years. Perhaps if you'd get your head dislodged from your rear end and get involved the way he is, you'd know the same person that I know and respect more than words could ever say.

He could easily walk away from all that he does and be selfish like the majority of parents whose kids play sports, but he doesn't. I'm sure he'd like to stop by for a couple of hours to watch his kids play their sports, run his mouth to the official about what they're doing wrong, critique whatever organization it is that his kids are a part of and leave, but he doesn't. He volunteers for way more than he should selflessly and this is the judgment that you pass? Ignorant to say the least.

This is exactly what's wrong with this community. Instead of getting on here and bashing a 12 year old kid and giving pretend-expert advise you should shut up, get involved, and choose to make things better. Any suffering/slighting/criticism that you get from not being involved is self-imposed.

The most interesting part of all of this reply is that Pat needs nobody to stand up for him because he's pretty secure in who he is and what he stands for. He'd also probably be less pleased to know that somebody felt the need to reply to such ignorance.

I would highly recommend that you write any of your comments before you situate yourself on a bar stool.

Guest guest
Wow, do you have issues. The name suits you. I believe that you read all of the previous posts incorrectly if you're targeting Coach Garey as a coach who doesn't instill integrity, character, DISCIPLINE, and morals in any kid he coaches whether it be baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, girls softball, etc. Perhaps you played for him in the past and didn't earn your spot in the starting line-up because you didn't give 100% to the team or yourself!? That's the only way you would have been a bench sander.

You've obviously never taken the time to get to know Pat and what he's about or what he believes in for kids. While it's nice that he steps up to coach a team that his kid is on, it's not the only reason he coaches. He believes in all kids all the time and he believes in making a program the best it can be for all the kids in it. He's 100% honest, 100% of the time.

What's his position with the State Police have to do with him being a coach? Again, his position with the State Police is driven by a desire to make things better for YOU, retard. Do you think that he's a cop because he suffers from little man syndrome like you obviously do!? He has the creativity, character, and intelligence to do so much more than that. You're just lucky that he does what he does. Fine job, Mr. Garey!

I'm not married to him, related to him, nor do I work with him. I just choose to volunteer my time the same way he does - for kids. Our paths have crossed many a time through the years. Perhaps if you'd get your head dislodged from your rear end and get involved the way he is, you'd know the same person that I know and respect more than words could ever say.

He could easily walk away from all that he does and be selfish like the majority of parents whose kids play sports, but he doesn't. I'm sure he'd like to stop by for a couple of hours to watch his kids play their sports, run his mouth to the official about what they're doing wrong, critique whatever organization it is that his kids are a part of and leave, but he doesn't. He volunteers for way more than he should selflessly and this is the judgment that you pass? Ignorant to say the least.

This is exactly what's wrong with this community. Instead of getting on here and bashing a 12 year old kid and giving pretend-expert advise you should shut up, get involved, and choose to make things better. Any suffering/slighting/criticism that you get from not being involved is self-imposed.

The most interesting part of all of this reply is that Pat needs nobody to stand up for him because he's pretty secure in who he is and what he stands for. He'd also probably be less pleased to know that somebody felt the need to reply to such ignorance.

I would highly recommend that you write any of your comments before you situate yourself on a bar stool.

Very well put. I have known Pat now for a couple of years. He has coached my son in a couple different sports. Although I may not agree with every decision he makes, I do have the utmost respect for him. The amount of time that he dedicates to the kids in JC is remarkable. He knows his sports, he knows and teaches the fundamentals, and teaches our children important values and skills they will need both on and off the field. It up to the child if they want to utilize what is taught to them. I know personally that he has taken a couple of kids whose family lives are not the best situation and he has showed them a sense of worth and has made a positive change in their lives. He may not catch everything and may make some mistakes, but he is one HELL of a coach and a person. If JC only had some more people like him I think things would be much better.

As for the 12 yr old situation, I believe the board made a mistake, and it's going to turn around and bite them in the ass. Kids need a second chance in life and situations, but a 3rd, 4th, and 5th chance? There are other interventions that need to take place. I believe the decision that was made has negativitly impacted several boys on that team. I know after talking to some of those boys that they feel their hard work and dedication to the team meant nothing. What's done is done and hopefully the coaching staff can pull the team back together, because there is no reason they can't make it to Syracuse.

Guest guest

And JC takes home the district 7 title. This kid that has been bashed on this thread leads them to victory by dominating M.E. on the hill. Good for you kid.

Guest Guest
And JC takes home the district 7 title. This kid that has been bashed on this thread leads them to victory by dominating M.E. on the hill. Good for you kid.

Oh please don't inflate this kids head more than it already is. It take a WHOLE team to win or lose not one or two people. It is people like you who keep letting this kid get away with everything, the team can do without him and no one needs him around.

Guest guest

If you were present at the JC vs ME game on Sunday, you would realize that your post is not only inaccurate but it also proves that you know absolutely nothing about the game of baseball. How does one dominate a game when the final score is 4-3? That is clearly not domination and it is totally selfish of you to post such a comment. You are showing your ignorance. How do you think the other ten boys on this team would feel hearing such a comment? Let's hope that you are not affiliated in any way with the team from JC. These boys have exemplified the true meaning of sportsmanship throughout this all-star season. Where some of the boys might have been apprehensive in response to this boy being re-instated to the team, they have accepted him and embraced him as a teammate and they have left any and all controversy behind. They continue to play the game with spirit, enthusiasm, class, and perseverance! The game on Sunday was one of the most exciting and intense games to have watched at this level of play. Both teams showed the true meaning of sportsmanship. JC WON THE GAME DUE TO TOTAL TEAM EFFORT. It was not the play of only one and there is not one boy on the JC team who deserves to be slighted just so that you can toot only one boy's horn. Sure, he pitched a good game, NOT A DOMINATING GAME BUT A GOOD GAME. Nobody is trying to take that away from him. However, why not include the other boys on the team and give kudos to all of the boys who provided an incredibly strong, error-free, defense behind him? How about the boys who came up with clutch hits and RBI's? Your post is a slap in the face to the rest of the team. All of the boys on the team should be, and are, congratulated on a game well played. Johnson City won as a team. There was not one shining star on the team on Sunday; sorry to burst your bubble, but the entire team and the coaches were ALL shining stars. Let's give credit where credit is due!!

Guest Guest
If you were present at the JC vs ME game on Sunday, you would realize that your post is not only inaccurate but it also proves that you know absolutely nothing about the game of baseball. How does one dominate a game when the final score is 4-3? That is clearly not domination and it is totally selfish of you to post such a comment. You are showing your ignorance. How do you think the other ten boys on this team would feel hearing such a comment? Let's hope that you are not affiliated in any way with the team from JC. These boys have exemplified the true meaning of sportsmanship throughout this all-star season. Where some of the boys might have been apprehensive in response to this boy being re-instated to the team, they have accepted him and embraced him as a teammate and they have left any and all controversy behind. They continue to play the game with spirit, enthusiasm, class, and perseverance! The game on Sunday was one of the most exciting and intense games to have watched at this level of play. Both teams showed the true meaning of sportsmanship. JC WON THE GAME DUE TO TOTAL TEAM EFFORT. It was not the play of only one and there is not one boy on the JC team who deserves to be slighted just so that you can toot only one boy's horn. Sure, he pitched a good game, NOT A DOMINATING GAME BUT A GOOD GAME. Nobody is trying to take that away from him. However, why not include the other boys on the team and give kudos to all of the boys who provided an incredibly strong, error-free, defense behind him? How about the boys who came up with clutch hits and RBI's? Your post is a slap in the face to the rest of the team. All of the boys on the team should be, and are, congratulated on a game well played. Johnson City won as a team. There was not one shining star on the team on Sunday; sorry to burst your bubble, but the entire team and the coaches were ALL shining stars. Let's give credit where credit is due!!

Great Post! I wish I was there for the game, it sounds as exciting as the 9/10 championship game against ME. Both Williamsport All Star teams did a great job this year dispite all the drama. Good job boys!!!

Guest Guest

Amen. Well said!

Guest Guest

There is that everyone has to be an all star mentality that is KILLING sports in this area. I dont care what age level you are talking about. LIFE IS COMPETITION. Are other things important too like sportsmanship and fair play...of course. Everyone is NOT an all star (despite what mom and dad think). The big kid got the W on the hill so he gets the credit. Sorry your kid didnt get a shout out for his contribution but that is life...GET OVER IT.

Guest Guest
There is that everyone has to be an all star mentality that is KILLING sports in this area. I dont care what age level you are talking about. LIFE IS COMPETITION. Are other things important too like sportsmanship and fair play...of course. Everyone is NOT an all star (despite what mom and dad think). The big kid got the W on the hill so he gets the credit. Sorry your kid didnt get a shout out for his contribution but that is life...GET OVER IT.

Again it was a TEAM effort, not just one person can win or lose a game for the team. This is exactly the reason why this kid acts the way he does because of small minded people like yourself.

Guest Guest

The kid acts that way because it is tolerated by those in charge. He is the best player hands down and the reason they win/won. Baseball is a game of individual matchups. Teamates dont have to pass the ball to each other or block for one another. Dont give me that team sport line. Sure other kids had nice contributions to get the win but in LIFE only a few get the credit. Dont live in fantasy land.

Guest Guest

Tell me the last time you saw Spirit and Enthusiasm in a box score. Your kid must be the one jumping up and down cheering when someone else gets a hit.

Guest Guest
Amen. Well said!

I wish I could have seen the game, but, having experienced the excitement of reaching and playing well in the Mid-Atlantic Regionals, my congratulations go out to JC, and I want you to know that my family will be rooting for you to 'go all the way' too. I remember back in 2007, there were several JC people who rooted us on, and we even ran into some at a restaurant in Connecticut while we were in Regionals. I for one hope that our entire community can forget the drama and get behind you and support you through sectionals, states, and wherever fate may take you. GOOD LUCK JC!!!!

Guest Guest
The kid acts that way because it is tolerated by those in charge. He is the best player hands down and the reason they win/won. Baseball is a game of individual matchups. Teamates dont have to pass the ball to each other or block for one another. Dont give me that team sport line. Sure other kids had nice contributions to get the win but in LIFE only a few get the credit. Dont live in fantasy land.

Best player hands down and the reason they win/won??? LOL that's a joke, funny how they did good while he was suspended....for what was that again? Oh yeah swearing at coaches, yeah this kid is pretty awesome his parents must be so proud to raise a kid who gets suspended from school and baseball every week. The only person living in fantasy land is you my friend by thinking this kid is better then he really is. If he is the reason why they won then where was he the last game against ME when they beat them 16-4 where was your golden boy then? Don't spread your garbage here praising a kid that doesn't deserve it. The team won as a WHOLE because they worked as a TEAM and no one else on the team has a swollen head except for golden boy and it is because of idiots like you.

Guest Guest
Tell me the last time you saw Spirit and Enthusiasm in a box score. Your kid must be the one jumping up and down cheering when someone else gets a hit.

Every game I see it in the 9/10 Williamsport Allstar games because their coach teaches them about team spirit, good sportsmenship and enthusiasm. They know that it is a team effort to win or lose and not just one player carries the team. I wish the 11/12 coach taught that to their team but they have one pain in the butt that they can't seem to get rid of and it hurts the rest of the team. Sad that everyone has to suffer for one spoiled brat.

Guest Guest
Every game I see it in the 9/10 Williamsport Allstar games because their coach teaches them about team spirit, good sportsmenship and enthusiasm. They know that it is a team effort to win or lose and not just one player carries the team. I wish the 11/12 coach taught that to their team but they have one pain in the butt that they can't seem to get rid of and it hurts the rest of the team. Sad that everyone has to suffer for one spoiled brat.

SPIRIT AND ENTHUSIASM are for CHEERLEADING. People like you are the reason sports in our area is a joke! Lets talk about hitting, throwing, pitching, fielding, running etc........THE THINGS THAT MATTER IN BASEBALL!!!!!! Not to mention all of which are INDIVIDUAL skills.

Guest Guest

That is great that the coach teaches them spirit and enthusiasm. They will go to the next level(s) where coaches teach baseball and get mercied. Hey at least we can be known for how happy and joyful our kids are on the big stage rather than how they compete.

Guest Guest
SPIRIT AND ENTHUSIASM are for CHEERLEADING. People like you are the reason sports in our area is a joke! Lets talk about hitting, throwing, pitching, fielding, running etc........THE THINGS THAT MATTER IN BASEBALL!!!!!! Not to mention all of which are INDIVIDUAL skills.

How sad you are, you must be one of those people who has to be first at everything. Sports is not all about winning, I believe that is actually what started this thread. It's about teaching the kids the skills to play baseball, giving them the confidence they need to play to the best of their ability, teaching them how to be good sportsmen even if they are losing, this not only works in sports but also in everyday life, maybe you should give it a try, I'm sure people will like you a lot better.

Guest Guest
That is great that the coach teaches them spirit and enthusiasm. They will go to the next level(s) where coaches teach baseball and get mercied. Hey at least we can be known for how happy and joyful our kids are on the big stage rather than how they compete.

Again its not all about winning and winning at any cost.

Guest Guest

Excellent post! They all played a great game! BOTH TEAMS! How about Colin A who came in to close the game? Talk about dominate pitching. He pitched liked I never saw him pitch before. He had a mission and he accomplished that. Great Job Colin. Not to mention, Logan, Colin C, and Tommy all three of those boys made game changing plays in their positions. I am more than pleased at how JC pulled it together as a team (after all the drama that has occurred) and WON as a team!!! I think they have a great chance to move on to the States. Good luck this weekend boys!

Archived