Dinosaur BBQ

Guest Guest

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pig Stand Fan
I'd like to see Chilis come here!!

I moved out of the Binghamton area over a decade ago. We have Chili's where I live now and believe me, you don't want one. They're HORRIBLE.

For example, one time we went and I ordered a Chili Burger. You would expect that at a place named CHILI's that a Chili Burger would be smothered with chili, right? Imagine my surprise when the waitress brought our food and placed the burger on a plate in front of me with one of those small plastic condiment cups that had barely an ounce of watery chili in it... I asked her what that was, she said it was "the chili for your chili burger." I started laughing out loud and told her I expected more chili than that, and she said that was what they served with the chili burger. Eventually the manager came over and his solution was to offer me a second small plastic condiment cup with more watery chili. And this guy had tons of attitude.

Believe me, I'd rather go to Ruby Tuesday's, Applebee's, even Friendlys before I would go back to Chili's. And their "famous" Baby Back Ribs? More bones than meat and lots and lots and lots of gooey sugary sauce.

Guest non-pedophile
You heard wrong, I know the people who have bought it and they have no plans of putting a dinosaur BBQ in there

YOU RETARD! Dino bbq is not a chain rest. it is owned by one biker dude. They are in 'cuse, crapchester and one in the city. lay off the moonshine and try to restore some braincells moron1

Guest Guest

Tom Bedosky owns the Hooters building, the Best Western and he is building the Holiday Inn on the parkway. His laywer and him are working on a contract to have a Chilli's go into the old Hooters building. He is also the guy who owns the old Chi Chi's building and is in the process of building a Ground Round there.

Guest Guest
shoneys sucks, when I lived down south I went there a few times and it was horrible

Yes, Shoney's is a poor man's food "restuarant" sort of like Waffle House, just slightly cleaner & includes lunch/dinner. Not my taste. I am hoping for Dinosaur - not a big commercial chain.

Guest Guest
I believe that the Dairy Queen is going in on Front Street where the McDonalds use to be..but I am not positive

I heard they were putting in "office spaces" at the McDonalds location.

@

I wish they would have Jimmy Buffet's Cheeseburger in Paradise here. The best burgers ever and the sweetpotato chips are so good.

That would require an actual Margaritaville Cafe, and Binghamton doesn't quite make the list. Please note that it's Jimmy Buffett. He's not a buffet; we don't eat him. ~~/\~~

Guest Guest
I'd rather see a SHONEY[s or RYANS go to the former HOOTERS location.The buffets of SHONEY'S & RYAN'S would make OLD COUNTRY BUFFETT look like McDonalds. SHONEY'S & RYAN'S are very popular down in the area in Alabama & Florida pan handle. They would both be guarenteed winners here. But, what the hell do I know? I'm only a Mets fan.

BTK, keep up the good work. This revamped & greatly remodeled BCV is great.

@

I dont think it is big enough

@

Guest Guest
no. a sonic is going in where the mcdonalds is and we're also getting a cici's pizza

Oh I would love to get a cici's pizza...everytime I see the commerical I want to go

Guest Guest
I'd rather see a SHONEY[s or RYANS go to the former HOOTERS location.The buffets of SHONEY'S & RYAN'S would make OLD COUNTRY BUFFETT look like McDonalds. SHONEY'S & RYAN'S are very popular down in the area in Alabama & Florida pan handle. They would both be guarenteed winners here. But, what the hell do I know? I'm only a Mets fan.

BTK, keep up the good work. This revamped & greatly remodeled BCV is great.

@

I have only been to Shoney's for breakfast and that is a good buffett. I wish we would get a Golden Corral here. Love their fried chicken and the steak on the buffett is excellent.

Guest Guest
Heard from a reliable source that Dinosaur BBQ is moving in to the space formerly occupied by Hooters on the Vestal Parkway - get ready for some tasty food!!!!!!!!!!

Bring on the fried green tomatoes and the garlic tomato soup! Yum, I hope you are right.

Guest Guest
Country Buffet is great if you want a colon cleansing. Yuk! Would like to see a Red Robin or Romano Macaroni Grill.

Red Robin and Macaroni Grill both good choices! How about The Cheesecake Factory?

Guest Guest-Facts Are Better-*

Wow so much hearsay and guesses in this thread.

1st:

On Old Country's site-

Our Company Is Growing

On November 1, 2006, Buffets Inc. was thrilled to join forces with Ryan's Restaurant Group, Inc. This adds over 200 Ryan's Grill Buffet and Bakery® and Fire Mountain Grills® in 23 states to the Buffets family. Ryan's Restaurant Group opened its first restaurant in 1978, and has continually been committed to serving high-quality food at affordable prices in a friendly, family-style atmosphere

2nd:

On Ryan's site-

Most recently, Ryan’s® joined Buffets, Inc. This venture adds more than 200 buffet restaurants in 23 states to the Ryan’s family. Now you’re sure to find a restaurant in your neighborhood and wherever your travels may take you.

That means Buffets Inc. was the prevailing company. For almost a year and a half... Ryan's and Fire Mountain have been part of Buffets Inc.

The old McDonald's on Upper front street is currently being worked on inside. What is seen is rooms being added... maybe offices... maybe a doctor's office... maybe a child care center... maybe a bank. In any case, it will not be a Sonic. Sonic buildings are very much different.

Yes the Bedosky's own both the old Ground Round site and the old Chi Chi's site... until something is announced... nothing is for sure coming to one or the other. Either way, both buildings would need to either be razed or completely redone & enlarged. It was hard enough for Hooter's to reuse the Ground Round... and they specialize in reuse.

Also, the place in Wilkes-Barre is Smokey Bones... not Smokin Bones. http://smokeybones.com/

Archived