Stingray Kills Woman On Boat In Florida

Guest Guest

Can you imagine sitting in a boat cruising along at 25 mph and having that thing jump out of the water and hit you in the face?

That is unbelievable!

No, I totally cannot!!! :blink:

On vacay...riding in a boat in the Keys...basking in the sun...perhaps sipping a Boat Drink, and probably saying something like: "I wonder if it's snowing in Michigan", then...WHAP!!!

No, I totally cannot!!! :blink:

On vacay...riding in a boat in the Keys...basking in the sun...perhaps sipping a Boat Drink, and probably saying something like: "I wonder if it's snowing in Michigan", then...WHAP!!!

I am now re-thinking our vaca in 2 weeks down to Flordia. Hubby loves to deep sea fish, and this year it was his turn for locations to go. I just can not even imagine something like this happening. Wonder what the odds are for this one. I know, when your number is up, its time to go, but like this?

Mrs. Mouser

CRIKEY!!

It's enough to make you think twice about recreational boating in that area! There might be a Stingray out there with your name on it.

I've never heard of this before. The odds must be astronomical. What an incredible tragedy!

I read that story this morning...way to freaky. Did she die from blunt trauma, or the way Irwin went?

@

I couldn't even imagine getting a barb through the face. I believe the article said she died from it just hitting her in the face, because they said she didn't have any puncture marks.

Guest guest

wowww. and that was only a 70 pounder. could you imagine if it had been 10 feet wide and 500 pounds?! would have taken the whole boat down.

@

Archived