Another Shooting~ Conklin

Tazz

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Wish I could sit around all day and listen to scanner reports. But I can't. I have to work so I can pay my bills and buy a new Jeep

Some people get to sit around all day in wheelchairs or some such because they're forever disabled and/or they're retired or some such.

Some people get to sit around all day in wheelchairs or some such because they're forever disabled and/or they're retired or some such.

yeah being disabled and forced to live a life of pain in a wheelchair is oh so great. you should try it sometime. I would gladly trade places anytime buster. I'd much rather be back at work and able to enjoy life as it was meant to be.

Sorry. I don't mean to side track this thread. It's not my intent. I just get so pissed when people think being disbaled is some sort of "bonus".

Carry on.......

yeah being disabled and forced to live a life of pain in a wheelchair is oh so great. you should try it sometime. I would gladly trade places anytime buster. I'd much rather be back at work and able to enjoy life as it was meant to be.

Sorry. I don't mean to side track this thread. It's not my intent. I just get so pissed when people think being disbaled is some sort of "bonus".

Carry on.......

Agreed!

News10 is saying injuries are not life threatening.

Guest Guest
how long until ed comes on and says this is matt ryans fault? :P:lol:

Did you happen to see the Idiot's comments in the Press on the story of the suicide. What a jerk. If that was a member of my family I woul take a trip down to his Movie House and have a word with him.

@

City man charged with attempted murder in shooting

By John Hill

Press & Sun-Bulletin

Post Comment

A Binghamton man has been charged with attempted murder after a shooting this morning in the Town of Conklin.

William B. Tomanek, 25, of Bigelow Street, turned himself in before noon to police at the state police barracks in Kirkwood.

He was charged with attempted second-degree murder and was expected to be arraigned in Town of Conklin Court today, state police said.

The victim, Jessie J. Wright, 25, of 163 Ketchum Road, Conklin, suffered gunshot wounds to his head and neck, state police said.

Wright was taken to Wilson Regional Medical Center in Johnson City, where he was in stable condition at 4:30 p.m.

The emergency room at Wilson was locked down briefly after Wright was brought in for treatment, hospital spokeswoman Christina Boyd said.

The lockdown -- a process to screen people coming into the hospital -- was necessary to ensure public safety with the shooter still at large. It was lifted after a suspect was taken into custody, Boyd said.

The shooting occurred at Wright's home. Police were called to the scene around 10 a.m.

Ketchum Road, a secluded drive that winds through the woods of Conklin, was shut down today while state police investigated the scene.

The white, one-story home at 163 Ketchum Road was surrounded with yellow police tape this morning, hours after the reported shooting. Police interviewed next-door neighbors at 157 Ketchum Road, who declined to speak to a reporter.

Guest Guest Who

I notice this was a white guy who did the shooting. I've been telling you all along, watch out for those white people moving into the area.

Seriously though, if it was a black guy you'd all be talking about race, but since it's a white guy race is not mentioned.

Double standard?

well that might explain the shots to the back of the neck. good call!

Oh Good point! I don't think the girlfriend was there though when police arrived. It is possible she was at a neighbors home and I just did not hear it over the scanner, but when it first was reported it sounded like they thought the girlfriend was either with him (the shooter) or at her home in Windsor.

But like I said, I could be wrong abouttha

@

Guest Guest
I notice this was a white guy who did the shooting. I've been telling you all along, watch out for those white people moving into the area.

Seriously though, if it was a black guy you'd all be talking about race, but since it's a white guy race is not mentioned.

Double standard?

No one talks about the black guys in Conklin. We talk about the ones walking the streets of our cities. peddling drugs, shooting up chicken joints, and pulling over on Clinton St. in broad daylight and shooting people.

How is this story in any way comparable to what the blacks are doing in the cities?

Guest Guest
I thinking more alont the lines of ... the shooter caught his girlfriend in bed with the vic?

I was thinking more that one of more of the principles involved was high and/or drunk at the time of the shooting.....like maybe the shooter.

The chances of doing something violent like that escalates when the perp is abusing substances.

I was thinking more that one of more of the principles involved was high and/or drunk at the time of the shooting.....like maybe the shooter.

The chances of doing something violent like that escalates when the perp is abusing substances.

WBNG is reporting that no drugs or booze was involved.

I do agree that most times they are a factor.

Guest bullsh
male, 20 shot to the back of the neck. Beecham(sp?) rd.

shooter has fled the scene with shotgun.

that never happened, you're full of crap

Guest Negrodamous

Double standard?

Hey Jamal, negroes comprise about 5% or 6% of this area population. The violent crime rate perpertrated by them far execeeds their representation in the

population. If you would like to see the overall crime statistics in the US do an Internet search on "Bureau of Justice Statistics". Wherever blacks live, there is inhumanity in direct proportion to their numbers and/or the power they have. Further, a shift in their power or numbers, shifts the level of inhumanity present. Seen mostly in Africa and in many communities in the US, even Bingo where they just mopped up a dead buck offthe street , this phenomenon is both reliable and disturbing-- the intensity of the inhuman behavior is vile and tough for humans to comprehend. Blacks are not human because they always act inhumanely.....when they can get away with it.

QUOTE (poptart @ Mar 21 2008, 03:44 PM) post_snapback.gifhow long until ed comes on and says this is matt ryans fault? :P:lol:

LOL!!!

Did you happen to see the Idiot's comments in the Press on the story of the suicide. What a jerk. If that was a member of my family I woul take a trip down to his Movie House and have a word with him.

Yes, I did...it was revolting.

And of course, he denied posting it.

Archived