10 Most Historicaly Innacurate Movies

wrapyouincold

Guest Guest

The Untouchables with Kevin Costner should've at least received an honorable mention.

This historical farce opens with Frank Nitti blowing up a little girl in a saloon and then later meeting his own demise by getting himself thrown off of a roof by Elliot Ness. It was even more far fetched than the original 1960's television joke with Robert Stack.

Interestingly enough, 2001: A Space Odyssey, was on the list with some rather poor remarks.

I'll defend Kubrick's adaptation of Arthur C Clarke's story, the Sentinel. Granted every movie take liberties

but lets consider Arthur C Clarke could be viewed as the idea man behind the use of satellites for communications

via a geostationary orbit. I'd also like to point out that Kubrick wasn't the only one at the time of creation of 2001 to

have a bright futuristic outlook. I remember the NY Worlds Fair, the GM Exhibit to be exact had a fantastic view of the future.

Sure some movie creators take liberties but is there a need for a disclaimer at the end of every movie stating that the movie

may be historically accurate??? No... That's what documentaries are made for. We go to movies to be entertained not necessarily

for a history lesson. It is an escape and that's entertainment. :D

What is this, pick on Mel Gibson day??? I liked both those movies! You want a bad movie, pick anything that Adam Sandler was in. Historical Inaccuracies??? Gandhi was a crackhead who liked underage hookers. Leave Mel alone. He took enough grief when his dad pronounced that there was no Holocaust...the Jews "merely" moved to Brooklyn!

What is this, pick on Mel Gibson day??? I liked both those movies! You want a bad movie, pick anything that Adam Sandler was in. Historical Inaccuracies??? Gandhi was a crackhead who liked underage hookers. Leave Mel alone. He took enough grief when his dad pronounced that there was no Holocaust...the Jews "merely" moved to Brooklyn!

Gandhi was a crackhead????

And I thought he was just bald. :lol:

@

Guest Tired of BCStupid
Anything that Michael Moore is involved with.

BZZZZZZZ!

Wrong again, country girl. Think I hears yo' daddy callin'! :lol:

Guest guest
I absolutely love all Michael Moore's work. It's cutting edge and controversial.

Cutting edge and controversial. That is very true. Historically accurate? Not so much.

Archived