SV Parent petition against Ray Haskell.

Guest SV parent.

Guest Guest
Let Chris do his own thing. Does it mean he doesn't work just as hard if not harder because he doesn't work out with the team? Hell no, so you do your thing, while Chris will work hard like he always does on his own. Just for the record this isn't Chris or his father speaking, so don't give me shit about that!

Hes a captain and yes he should try to devote some of his time to the team. No one said he didn't work hard.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Let Chris do his own thing. Does it mean he doesn't work just as hard if not harder because he doesn't work out with the team? Hell no, so you do your thing, while Chris will work hard like he always does on his own. Just for the record this isn't Chris or his father speaking, so don't give me shit about that!

The kid is the team captain, I have no problem with his teammates expecting him to work out with them, thats what a leader does. A real leader doesn't try to set himself apart from the others and expect respect, he earns it by showing up when the team is expected to be there. Thats why Barry Bonds teammates didn't show him the respect that they show someone like Cal Ripken. When you have everything only your way and put yourself above the rest you don't earn the respect of others.

@

Guest Not Chris or his dad!
Hes a captain and yes he should try to devote some of his time to the team. No one said he didn't work hard.

My point that he does work hard. But look at the reality, as time goes on it won't matter by the end of his four years at SV (if he worked with the team or not). I see him workout all the time because we go to the same gym. He is very focused and shows up consistently. I hate to say it, but I do have much respect for Lewis working out on his own. This may not make sense, but by him working out on his own, he will appreciate it more later in life. By him working out on his own proves he is self motivated and shows he doesn't need to get caught up in the clique you call SVHS. I have no regrets if this offends anyone, but it's only an opinion (keep that in mind).

Guest Not Chris or his dad!
The kid is the team captain, I have no problem with his teammates expecting him to work out with them, thats what a leader does. A real leader doesn't try to set himself apart from the others and expect respect, he earns it by showing up when the team is expected to be there. Thats why Barry Bonds teammates didn't show him the respect that they show someone like Cal Ripken. When you have everything only your way and put yourself above the rest you don't earn the respect of others.

@

Bonds is a loser. The biggest difference Lewis and him have is Bonds doesn't attempt to get along with his team. While at SV the parents don't allow Lewis to get along with others on the team. SV has potential, but the parents need to shut up and let the kids play. I don't see how everything is going in Lewis' way either! Could you elaborate on that please?

Guest Guest
Bonds is a loser. The biggest difference Lewis and him have is Bonds doesn't attempt to get along with his team. While at SV the parents don't allow Lewis to get along with others on the team. SV has potential, but the parents need to shut up and let the kids play. I don't see how everything is going in Lewis' way either! Could you elaborate on that please?

The only parents that could even be looked at in this are the Lewis'. They are part of the group calling for haskell to be out, they are the one who have verbally accosted every coach Chris has had at SV, and they are the ones who won't let him work out with the team. No one has ever questioned whether or not CL works out, but if he wants the respect of his peers he has to make the same sacrifices they do, show up at team off season workouts especially when its not all weight work. Its tough for other kids to follow a leader they never see.

As for how is everything going the way Lewis dad wants his petition has generated way too much controversy already (even was brought to the board of ed.), his kid still doesn't get to work with the team, so he's getting what he has wanted so far.

Guest Guest
The only parents that could even be looked at in this are the Lewis'. They are part of the group calling for haskell to be out, they are the one who have verbally accosted every coach Chris has had at SV, and they are the ones who won't let him work out with the team. No one has ever questioned whether or not CL works out, but if he wants the respect of his peers he has to make the same sacrifices they do, show up at team off season workouts especially when its not all weight work. Its tough for other kids to follow a leader they never see.

As for how is everything going the way Lewis dad wants his petition has generated way too much controversy already (even was brought to the board of ed.), his kid still doesn't get to work with the team, so he's getting what he has wanted so far.

And people are dumb enough to sign the petition. Don't always blame the one who starts, but the idiots that follow! Also you have to put your foot down somewhere. My question is why are there followers? and what have people done to stop Mr. Lewis? Too many people are falling into his traps, much like the white population falls for the traps Al Sharpton sets. I understand the petition is ridiculous, but I am disturbed by the fact some of the blame gets placed on Chris, when in fact it seems he has no control of the situation. That's why I say let him do as he needs!

Guest Guest
As for people not listening to his dad, if thats true why did so many people sign his petition? The guy obviously has some people on his side or that never would have happened.

I believe he had very few signatures on his petition. In between 10-15. That's not even half of the team. And yes there will always be followers. Adolf Hitler was one of the most corrupted minds in the world and he had many followers because of what he brought to the table. Although the accusations he made were not even based on fact and more second hand accounts. He was giving the false idea that getting rid of Ray would win us games. He also accused other coaches of things that were totally ridiculous and he had no knowledge of. In fact his argument against one of the coaches was based on a personal grudge from a couple of years ago. If you want change there is a right and wrong way to go about it, and unfortunately Mr. Lewis went about things the wrong way and that is why he was stopped.

Guest Guest
You took the previous poster way out of context then you reference a kid who refuses to work with his team off season as a role model for what SV needs.

Last I knew it wasn't Chris' choice, now was it?

Guest Guest
I believe he had very few signatures on his petition. In between 10-15. That's not even half of the team. And yes there will always be followers. Adolf Hitler was one of the most corrupted minds in the world and he had many followers because of what he brought to the table. Although the accusations he made were not even based on fact and more second hand accounts. He was giving the false idea that getting rid of Ray would win us games. He also accused other coaches of things that were totally ridiculous and he had no knowledge of. In fact his argument against one of the coaches was based on a personal grudge from a couple of years ago. If you want change there is a right and wrong way to go about it, and unfortunately Mr. Lewis went about things the wrong way and that is why he was stopped.

Are you sure he was stopped? Last time I checked he was still in persuit to get rid of Ray(that was today just so you know)!

Guest Guest
Are you sure he was stopped? Last time I checked he was still in persuit to get rid of Ray(that was today just so you know)!

Well his petition was put down at the board meeting so he can do all he wants now but no one that can make anything happen is supporting him. Admittedly at least. Our district has a lot of under the table dealing going on.

Guest Guest
Well his petition was put down at the board meeting so he can do all he wants now but no one that can make anything happen is supporting him. Admittedly at least. Our district has a lot of under the table dealing going on.

Really :huh: I didn't know that :rolleyes: It's DELETED some of the things people get away with over there :angry:

@

Guest sv football player

first of all you people have absolutly no idea what is going on down there and you are the ones who have no right to be judging people...maybe he has his son working out by himself because the guy actually wants to do something with his life..he doesnt want to just play highschool football,he wants to go to college with a scholarship and possibly farther just like many of the other former sv football players who also said "they stood no chance of getting a scholarship out of a school like sv"...second of all no one ever said they didnt like ray..i agree he's a good guy,but he is just not a VARSITY football coach hes had many many years to prove himself and he has not done that..its time to get things straightened out and help this program..when kids have a good strong program it gives them something to look forward to,keeps them out of trouble,and they also must maintain thier grades in order to play,so if theres a program that makes them want to play then they will try harder in thier studies...but with the program we have now that wont happen..after jus about every game alls i hear is how dissapointed my team mates are and how they just for once would like to have winning records and feel good about thier team...these are the best times of our lifes and some of the best memories we'll have dont you think we should be able to feel good about them instead of looking back on them and saying o ya we sucked...yes i agree ray has had it rough but it is obvious that maybe the pressure is to much for him and he cant handle it...he belongs on the jv level or modified not varsity..hes a great guy and easy to get along with and he means well...but plain and simple HE'S NOT A VARSITY FOOTBALL COACH...

Guest Guest
first of all you people have absolutly no idea what is going on down there and you are the ones who have no right to be judging people...maybe he has his son working out by himself because the guy actually wants to do something with his life..he doesnt want to just play highschool football,he wants to go to college with a scholarship and possibly farther just like many of the other former sv football players who also said "they stood no chance of getting a scholarship out of a school like sv"...second of all no one ever said they didnt like ray..i agree he's a good guy,but he is just not a VARSITY football coach hes had many many years to prove himself and he has not done that..its time to get things straightened out and help this program..when kids have a good strong program it gives them something to look forward to,keeps them out of trouble,and they also must maintain thier grades in order to play,so if theres a program that makes them want to play then they will try harder in thier studies...but with the program we have now that wont happen..after jus about every game alls i hear is how dissapointed my team mates are and how they just for once would like to have winning records and feel good about thier team...these are the best times of our lifes and some of the best memories we'll have dont you think we should be able to feel good about them instead of looking back on them and saying o ya we sucked...yes i agree ray has had it rough but it is obvious that maybe the pressure is to much for him and he cant handle it...he belongs on the jv level or modified not varsity..hes a great guy and easy to get along with and he means well...but plain and simple HE'S NOT A VARSITY FOOTBALL COACH...

Get the chip off of your shoulder kid, it's not going to get you very far if you don't.

Guest sv football player
I am a kid on the team and we all admit Chris could be good, but he won't work out with us and that hurts our team. He is not considered the best player on our team because too many of us he isn't part of the team, he only cares about himself. I wish he would show up and be a team leader but as of now he won't step up. Don't speak for our team because you aren't a part of it you might think hes good but give me LD at running back next year and we'll be better off. As for people not listening to his dad, if thats true why did so many people sign his petition? The guy obviously has some people on his side or that never would have happened.

well i am also a sv football player and a good friend of chris's...and first of all you people aren't chris ..you have no idea what he cares about or what he feels..im at every single game...and whos the one before every game that takes the team and gets them pumped up?chris..whos the one who talks to every player when they always have a problem?chris,whos the one who scream his damn head off getting the team fired up from the first kickoff till the last snap?chris..and he doesnt only care about himself he's simply doin whats best for himself ..unlike most of the players he wants a scholarship..hes the hardest worker and you have absolutly no clue how hard he works out..im a friend of his and i know the workouts he does and they are by far harder than any offseason workout the team does..he cares about every single player just like thier his own brother..not just himself..he even told me "i have 2 sisters and no brothers..so to me you guys are all my brothers"..and i think everyone knows he's the real leader it dont matter if he is captain or isnt he's the real leader of the team no mattter what you idiots say..and im sure he would gladly step up to anyone on that feild without hesitation..and if you think LD will be better for you then chris you've got about 50 screws loose in your head bud..you shouldnt talk crap about him jus because he doesnt go to offseason lifting..he lifts dedicatedly ON HIS OWN because he chooses to not because his parents force him to so you can get the whole his parents force him to do things shit out of ur head right now..you think alls he does is lift well ur wrong ...he lifts almost every day..he works on his sprints,he runs for over a mile every other few days..he goes to one up fitness...he does things you guys have no friggin idea about so stop judging your own teammate and friend bc you dont even know the shit he does..and most of you couldnt even handle his workouts

Guest Guest
well i am also a sv football player and a good friend of chris's...and first of all you people aren't chris ..you have no idea what he cares about or what he feels..im at every single game...and whos the one before every game that takes the team and gets them pumped up?chris..whos the one who talks to every player when they always have a problem?chris,whos the one who scream his damn head off getting the team fired up from the first kickoff till the last snap?chris..and he doesnt only care about himself he's simply doin whats best for himself ..unlike most of the players he wants a scholarship..hes the hardest worker and you have absolutly no clue how hard he works out..im a friend of his and i know the workouts he does and they are by far harder than any offseason workout the team does..he cares about every single player just like thier his own brother..not just himself..he even told me "i have 2 sisters and no brothers..so to me you guys are all my brothers"..and i think everyone knows he's the real leader it dont matter if he is captain or isnt he's the real leader of the team no mattter what you idiots say..and im sure he would gladly step up to anyone on that feild without hesitation..and if you think LD will be better for you then chris you've got about 50 screws loose in your head bud..you shouldnt talk crap about him jus because he doesnt go to offseason lifting..he lifts dedicatedly ON HIS OWN because he chooses to not because his parents force him to so you can get the whole his parents force him to do things shit out of ur head right now..you think alls he does is lift well ur wrong ...he lifts almost every day..he works on his sprints,he runs for over a mile every other few days..he goes to one up fitness...he does things you guys have no friggin idea about so stop judging your own teammate and friend bc you dont even know the shit he does..and most of you couldnt even handle his workouts

You apparently haven't read any of my posts because that's basically what I said, minus the captain examples!

Guest Guest

Sounds to me like if SV had 11 kids with Lewis' work ethic, they would already have played in a playoff game or two by now.

Spare me the "RA-RA", if he were working out with "the team" we'd respect him more BS, and focus on what you as an individual can control - and that is your own work-out regimen and work-ethic. Honestly - do you need to all hold hands and sing KUMBAYA together to be a team - NO.

You need to be the best player you can be and leave it up to the coaches to use you effectively as a unit. Sounds like most of the players have nothing but respect for Lewis anyway. Perhaps Mom & Pop should zip it and let the team chemistry happen on it's own.

Time to let go parents ...

Guest guest

Well said. We are also friends of the Lewis family and they in no way force Chris to work out, this is something he loves to do on his own. He and his father workout together, however, at this time his father is recovering from foot surgery and cannot participate. Chris also has 2 sisters that work out in a gym. And just for the record Mr. Lewis offered to volunteer his time to do the petition because he is off work at the time being and was able to do it because so many of the other parents do not have the time. As for working out in the off season with the team, is there anyone there who is a well qualified trainer to teach these boys the proper and safe way to do the weightlifting? Another thing, it is true that Ray Haskell is a great guy and no parent in the petition is out to intentionally hurt him or any of the other coaches but honestly the football record for SV for the last 6 years has spoken for itself and we feel it is the coaching staff at fault. How many more years does a coach need to prove himself? It is time for a change and the athletic director should recognize that also.

Guest guest
You took the previous poster way out of context then you reference a kid who refuses to work with his team off season as a role model for what SV needs. The last thing SV needs is Chris Lewis and his parents self importance. He has not shown up for 1 team off season workout yet in his career, his father was one of the ringleaders of the "Get Haskell" crew. The family honestly thinks that a slow 5'8 185 lb RB/LB is going to get a D1 look? Thats pretty funny, especially since he's never played three weeks in a row without having a major "injury" that took him off the field for an extended time.

Many of us parents know the Lewis family very well and they are decent and caring people. They care about every single boy on the team. You have no right making nasty comments about their son simply because Mr. Lewis volunteered to represent us. It is negative comments from ignorant people like you that causes the team to not do well. You should think before you speak because Mr. Lewis has told us himself that he really likes Ray Haskell. All Lewis children had him as a gym teacher and they like him as well. THis letter was put together by many of us parents and the complaints are 100% true and are totally legitimate. The Lewis's do not think that they are more important than anyone else. Once again, think before you speak. Chris Lewis runs a 4.5 40 yard dash consistently. He is anything but slow. He is a gifted athlete and he can compete with any D1 player effortlessly. You should be ashamed of yourself. Another one of the small minded, negative thinkers going around making false statements along with your other gossiping freaky friends.

Guest guest

You have not a clue of what your talking about. I am one of the players on the team and the accusations made are based on true fact. I know Mr. Lewis and he is a great guy and he is definitely going about it the right way. I know Mr. Lewis is not a grudgeful person you must obviously be one of the coaches that we don't want to play for. Stop making up lies about Mr. Lewis. He and our parents are doing whats right for our team. You must be the one with the sick mind. Anyone that would compare our parents to Hitler has got to be absolutely crazy. You're disgusting!

Guest guest

I am one of the parents who signed the letter. After reading this comment I'm very convinced that you are one of the people that has absolutely no idea what's going on. Not once ever has Mr. Lewis accosted anyone . You must be a very insecure person to have to go around making up lies about Lewis's and their son. You're another example of the cynical parents that have come on this internet spreading negativity and making false statements about us as parents trying to revamp the football program at SV. There is not 1 ounce of truth to your statement. God bless Mr. Lewis for standing up for us and our sons, it's about time somebody took charge and had the courage to help us make a positive change for the football program. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest
I am one of the parents who signed the letter. After reading this comment I'm very convinced that you are one of the people that has absolutely no idea what's going on. Not once ever has Mr. Lewis accosted anyone . You must be a very insecure person to have to go around making up lies about Lewis's and their son. You're another example of the cynical parents that have come on this internet spreading negativity and making false statements about us as parents trying to revamp the football program at SV. There is not 1 ounce of truth to your statement. God bless Mr. Lewis for standing up for us and our sons, it's about time somebody took charge and had the courage to help us make a positive change for the football program. :rolleyes:

I personally watched Steve Haskell and Mike Ford escort Mr Lewis away from the coaches office after a practice where he had been screaming at them for a solid 5 minutes when Chris was on JV. Last season after a game at Elmira, Mr Lewis attempted to go into the locker room to continue a tirade against Coach Haskell as well, don't tell me it didn't happen I saw it with my own eyes both times.

Guest Guest
Once again, think before you speak. Chris Lewis runs a 4.5 40 yard dash consistently. He is anything but slow. He is a gifted athlete and he can compete with any D1 player effortlessly. You should be ashamed of yourself. Another one of the small minded, negative thinkers going around making false statements along with your other gossiping freaky friends.

You obviously know nothing of D1 football, because a player the size of Lewis would struggle to stay with most players at that level because of size alone, Chris only goes about 175 and is what 5'8?. He does not run a 4.5 in the 40, that I will guarantee Clarence Megwa from Binghamton was a faster player than Lewis and he was a 4.55 to 4.6 40 when he was timed during HS. Lewis also has struggled to stay healthy in HS football, the hits only get harder in college and at D1 its like nothing you can imagine. The Press and Sun actually wrote a great article about it in last years football preview, most people have no idea what they are saying when they think our local kids are D1 prospects because on the whole NYS is considered a poor football state in prospects.

Guest T-2007

You know what SV's problem is? People need to get out of their so called comfort zones. Chris Lewis is a very respectable man (yes I use the word man). The reason people are against him working out on his own is because they are stuck in their cliques. In your cliques you tend to form your own set of rules. Apparently the grid iron club decided they want the team to work out together. Well judging by your rights, I would say Chris has the right to work out on his own.

Now one thing that pisses me off though is this huge ass controversy over the petition. Mr Lewis is very caring for his family and wants the best for Chris. I feel the petition was a very peaceful way to handle things. I do not however place 100% of the blame on Haskell. I do feel there needs to be change at SV. I don't think Ray should be head coach, but feel he should still be allowed to coach.

Back to the comfort zone analogy: Don't fear what you don't understand. For all of you judgmental people, listen to what Mr Lewis has to say, take time to evaluate it, then make a reasonable decision. Thank you very much Mr Lewis for stepping up and trying to make change over at SV. Good luck to the classes coming up, I'm sure glad I'm out of there you people are fuckin crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
The father is a booze hound. Let the kids play and sit on the sideline and be quite. P.S try going back to work

Ever heard of 2nd shift?

Archived