SV Parent petition against Ray Haskell.

Guest SV parent.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

I am appalled by this. I just happened to look at the post, as I am a former SV student. I can see not much has changed in 10 or so years.

I don't know anything about the football program, nor football for that matter, so I will not make a specific comment about this, but there is something I would like to say about this type of issue in general.

The fact of the matter is, SV has always had a problem with overbearing parents thinking they should have say in sports programs. Let the coaches do what they were hired to do...COACH. Stop whining and complaining about who gets to play and who doesn't. It's all fine and dandy when the kids are on modified...sure...they should all play. Unfortunately, once you get to the high school level...it becomes competitive. The kids that work...the kids that will do the best...should play. Too many parents at SV (and any other school district I'm sure) have over-inflated egos about their child's talent. I know first hand what it's like to be a member of a team and feel the repercussions of a parent's (or parents') wrath. Too many children are being HURT by parents in these situations. You have an obligation as a parent to ACT LIKE AN ADULT. Please, do so. What message do threads like this send to the atheletes?

Guest Oprah?
I am appalled by this. I just happened to look at the post, as I am a former SV student. I can see not much has changed in 10 or so years.

I don't know anything about the football program, nor football for that matter, so I will not make a specific comment about this, but there is something I would like to say about this type of issue in general.

The fact of the matter is, SV has always had a problem with overbearing parents thinking they should have say in sports programs. Let the coaches do what they were hired to do...COACH. Stop whining and complaining about who gets to play and who doesn't. It's all fine and dandy when the kids are on modified...sure...they should all play. Unfortunately, once you get to the high school level...it becomes competitive. The kids that work...the kids that will do the best...should play. Too many parents at SV (and any other school district I'm sure) have over-inflated egos about their child's talent. I know first hand what it's like to be a member of a team and feel the repercussions of a parent's (or parents') wrath. Too many children are being HURT by parents in these situations. You have an obligation as a parent to ACT LIKE AN ADULT. Please, do so. What message do threads like this send to the atheletes?

You could have your own talk show. This was way better than what Dr. Phil could've came up with.

Guest Guest

Parents aren't complaining because of certain kids not playing, they're complaining because the coaches have failed to have any kinda of success with the current program. Adding that Ray is a goof and should coach modified. Maybe once they get done picking on him at SV and making fun of him he will decide to call it quits. I can never take the guy seriously. He probably goofs around more then the actual kids that play. Maybe some people think its funny but if i was a football player at SV I wouldn't come to play football because i want to be in the presents of a comedian but of someone who knows what hes doing. Clearly Ray Haskell doesn't, just look at his records and the way his team acts.

Guest A Certain SV Student
Parents aren't complaining because of certain kids not playing, they're complaining because the coaches have failed to have any kinda of success with the current program. Adding that Ray is a goof and should coach modified. Maybe once they get done picking on him at SV and making fun of him he will decide to call it quits. I can never take the guy seriously. He probably goofs around more then the actual kids that play. Maybe some people think its funny but if i was a football player at SV I wouldn't come to play football because i want to be in the presents of a comedian but of someone who knows what hes doing. Clearly Ray Haskell doesn't, just look at his records and the way his team acts.

Ray Haskell is a great man, and he is serious when he needs to be and he goofs around with the team when it's okay to do so. walking around during the season, outside the locker room where the football players are, they are out there downing on there team and theirselves. Ray tries to help bring the kids up and all they do when he isn't around is bring themselves down. The coach can only do so much, but it has to come from the kids. Yeah okay, SOME have the drive and really want to play but 80% of the team really doesn't care. How is a coach supposed to help a team win when the kids don't even TRY? Before Ray Haskell came into coach the records were still bad. Maybe Ray is a good coach but no one can tell because the kids don't have the heart, and don;t play to the best of their ability. That's not the coaches fault at that point.

Guest dissapointed

I am a person very close to Ray Haskell and i would just like to say that all of these accusations are false. He cares about each and every player and only wants the best for them. He loves all the kids and puts so much time and energy into coaching them. And please dont say that he can't take critism because what everyones doing is going way beyond critism. You are judging his character and most of u dont even know him outside of football. As a coach im sure hes made mistakes but hes not perfect. Are any of you? Also please realize that ur critism doesnt just effect him. He has a wife and 4 young children that go to every game and ik it hurts them a lot to hear people swearing at their dad from the sideline and people saying things like hes a goof. How would u like someone to say these things about ur parents or children? And theres also no reason at all to be critsizing the Lewis'. I don't agree with what theyve done at all but its still not right for people to judge them or say nasty things about them. This whole thing is out of hand now and people need to stop making excuses and play football. Stop all of the rumors going around and trust me when i say Ray Haskell is one of the greatest men ive ever known. He would do anything for anyone and coaches because he loves football and he loves your kids.

Guest Student
I heard Gary Crooks wants the S V Job. He is a great coach and would make you a winner.

You can;t make kids winners if they don't want to work hard in practice, or put forth the effort to do well. I walk down the halls and see football players in the hallway telling everyone they suck "Hey, You guys gonna win the game today?" they respond "Probably not." It doesn't matter who comes into coach, if the kids don't have the heart to do well it doesn't matter who's coaching them. The best coach in the whole world could come in and try to help but it wouldn't matter because they don't care about their team, or team mates.

Guest Guest
where is Nick pappas playing now?

Nick isn't playing anywhere but so what? He was still a good player. That has nothing to do with anything.

Guest Guest
What? "small"/"non-contact" style SV soccer players are you nuts? SV still has kids on the soccer teams that are as strong, as big and as tough as many of the football players. Garret Morabito was the toughest and strongest kid at SV with no doubt, and what was his fall sport? Jared Cole, Nick Taro, Matt Schell, Dave Hessell and Caleb Smith were bigger than 3/4 of the football players and they play soccer. As for hard nosed Devin Lash fits the bill, if he was so afraid of contact how'd he rupture his spleen (no pads to protect him)? You think that adding some of those guys wouldn't have helped the team?

Come on are you serious? Are you really going to put Caleb Smith and Matt Schell and Dave Hessel and Nick Taro up against the linemen of the football team. The Football players are BY FAR much stronger than the soccer players, there is NO Comparison. They're good at what they do... keep them on the soccer feild. And as for the football players, they are good players, just they aren't all in it all the time, and they need to be.

Guest The Hard Truth
Come on are you serious? Are you really going to put Caleb Smith and Matt Schell and Dave Hessel and Nick Taro up against the linemen of the football team. The Football players are BY FAR much stronger than the soccer players, there is NO Comparison. They're good at what they do... keep them on the soccer feild. And as for the football players, they are good players, just they aren't all in it all the time, and they need to be.

Two comments

How did Rathbun break his back in the "NON Contact" Sport??

"Just they aren't all in it all the time"-Then they are losers, stop blaming the coach

Guest Guest

The strongest person at SV is without question Garrett Morabito, at 150 lbs he is stronger than every member of the football team which is why he is a D1 level athlete and they aren't. As for lineman thing, thats less than half of the football team don't forget all the smaller skill position guys, so those soccer players are bigger than a majority of the football players.

If you're looking for a hint as to why the soccer team still wins year after year and the football team doesn't its all in the off season work. The soccer program has almost 80 % of its players playing off season soccer, the football program is lucky to get 25 kids to an off season workout.

Guest Guest
How did Rathbun break his back in the "NON Contact" Sport??

ummmm........maybe he's a pussy. You can get hurt in any sport including Nascar :blink: It's just luck! Please do not turn this thread from SV football to football Vs. soccer.

Guest Thanks Garrett
The strongest person at SV is without question Garrett Morabito, at 150 lbs he is stronger than every member of the football team which is why he is a D1 level athlete and they aren't. As for lineman thing, thats less than half of the football team don't forget all the smaller skill position guys, so those soccer players are bigger than a majority of the football players.

If you're looking for a hint as to why the soccer team still wins year after year and the football team doesn't its all in the off season work. The soccer program has almost 80 % of its players playing off season soccer, the football program is lucky to get 25 kids to an off season workout.

Thanks for the post Garrett :rolleyes: D1 huh? Do you have any idea what it takes to get to D1 level? Why the hell am I asking of course you don't. Garrett only has the mentality of a D1 player not the skills. Christ!

Guest Guest
Thanks for the post Garrett :rolleyes: D1 huh? Do you have any idea what it takes to get to D1 level? Why the hell am I asking of course you don't. Garrett only has the mentality of a D1 player not the skills. Christ!

Hate to break it to you but as NYS Wrestling champion Garrett knows what it took thats why he has a LOI to attend Binghamton on a partial wrestling scholarship. Know something about what you are talking about before you try to bad mouth a kid. Many Section 4 wrestlers go D1 each year, that sport has local talent that knows what it takes.

Guest Guest

What kind of an A-Hole attacks a good kid (and State Champion) like Garrett anyway ?

Seriously - bashing Ray Haskell is bad enough, but going after a terrific kid like Garrett is truly pathetic.

I just hope you are a jealous high school kid and not an adult making ridiculous - uninformed comments like that.

Guest Guest

Agreed, Caleb Smith and Nick Taro on an offensive line? What a joke.

Guest PHLANZ
I am a person very close to Ray Haskell and i would just like to say that all of these accusations are false. He cares about each and every player and only wants the best for them. He loves all the kids and puts so much time and energy into coaching them. And please dont say that he can't take critism because what everyones doing is going way beyond critism. You are judging his character and most of u dont even know him outside of football. As a coach im sure hes made mistakes but hes not perfect. Are any of you? Also please realize that ur critism doesnt just effect him. He has a wife and 4 young children that go to every game and ik it hurts them a lot to hear people swearing at their dad from the sideline and people saying things like hes a goof. How would u like someone to say these things about ur parents or children? And theres also no reason at all to be critsizing the Lewis'. I don't agree with what theyve done at all but its still not right for people to judge them or say nasty things about them. This whole thing is out of hand now and people need to stop making excuses and play football. Stop all of the rumors going around and trust me when i say Ray Haskell is one of the greatest men ive ever known. He would do anything for anyone and coaches because he loves football and he loves your kids.

HASKELLS A LOSER AND HAS NO IDEA HOW TO COACH!!!!!

Guest boo hoo
What kind of an A-Hole attacks a good kid (and State Champion) like Garrett anyway ?

Seriously - bashing Ray Haskell is bad enough, but going after a terrific kid like Garrett is truly pathetic.

I just hope you are a jealous high school kid and not an adult making ridiculous - uninformed comments like that.

boo fuckin hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dickhead. You're a little bitch

Guest Coach

HASKELLS A LOSER AND HAS NO IDEA HOW TO COACH!!!!!

[/quote

100% correct cant even win 10 games in 6 yrs he should just step down already nobody wants haskell at sv

Guest Guest

QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 29 2008, 07:02 PM)

I guess that answers that question.

Go back to your My Space site punk - before you get hurt.

Guest Beer Muscles
QUOTE (Guest @ Apr 29 2008, 07:02 PM)

I guess that answers that question.

Go back to your My Space site punk - before you get hurt.

Internet threat! Oh shit son, you're for real aren't you? Wow you scare me man. I better stop bad mouthing online or this guy is going to make a threat that he won't follow through with just like all the SV punk asses. I will never talk shit again after this tough guy comment!

Archived