Cortese Restaurant

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
We eat at Cortese weekly-the place is GREAT!!! THE STAFF IS GREAT! How can anyone complain?? If you have a problem-solve it with the staff-they are very, very accommodating!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
I have no problem with you going there. and if the Cortese want to turn their profit into funding for abortion doctor killers, that's there business too.

I just said i can't be a part of that, and want people to know that they do that. your money you spend on your meal at Cortese helps fund fundamentalist right wing whackos

consider it a public service announcement

This isn't a public service board , therefore your on idiot to use it for that purpose . Leave now and don't feed us your crap ,

can't you see we don't like the taste or your agenda . Your a loser and fighting a losing battle ........ :o

Guest Guest
This isn't a public service board , therefore your on idiot to use it for that purpose . Leave now and don't feed us your crap ,

can't you see we don't like the taste or your agenda . Your a loser and fighting a losing battle ........ :o

Um...duh, then what is it?

Seems like more people agree with me then with you, hence....abortion being legal via constitutional amendment.

Who is fighting the losing battle?

Guest Guest

I agree with you ..

They should get a sign made up and walk up and down the middle of the Vestal Parkway ..

Guest Guest

Seems like more people agree with me then with you, hence....abortion being legal via constitutional amendment.

Huh? Which Constitutional amendment would that be?

Guest Guest

You have changed the topic and are out of line . GET A GRIP OR START A NEW TOPIC !!!!!!

You must be that guy that was caught DELETED. How did that old waitstaff catch you?

That was the "HEAD" Waiter that caught him...seriously though, to the OP...go back to the drive thru or the chains that send their profits to California or wherever..it is a free country but your complaints are falling on deaf ears here...must bea bunch of 50 somethings I guess

Guest Guest
Wait staff or not, people should know the cortese politics and be able to choose if they want to patronize them.. Cortese gives boatloads of money to Randall Terry, Operation Rescue and Pro life causes.

I'll never give them a dime again, even though their food is the best in the area

Aren't YOU a piece of work....love it...."I'll never give them a dime again, even though their food is the best in the area" - you just gave them money - great advertising FOR them.

by the way, facts please on donations or "give boatloads of money" to Randall Terry, OR and pro-life causes.......back it up with facts and evidence.

Guest Take out
Has anyone noticed that the entire wait staff is in their 50s... Has anyone had one of these lifers try and take your plate while you're still eating; or possibly had a bottle of wine taken from your table while there is still wine in it... and not just once, BUT EVERY TIME YOU'RE IN THE RESTAURANT.

Here's my thoughts, I'm guessing that the management at Cortese thinks that hiring older people to work in their "fancy" restaurant will result in better quality service that is more pleasing to all patrons, especially older patrons. The thought being that older people have been around longer, have learned how to handle and interact with a wide variety of people with respect and patience.

So shouldn't the wait staff (that has been at Cortese forever) be really polite, know that you should ask customers if they are finished with their food or drink before reaching in and trying to take it, be able to handle their tables when it gets busy, know what is on the menu, and be able to address problems if any arise professionally???

I don't want these people waiting on me, not only because they are rude and unpleasant, but because I have no interest in interacting with people that are arrogant and believe they deserve respect because they have been working at Cortese the longest. Maybe I'm alone here but I don't think working in a restaurant until the age of 50 is anything to brag about, or anything that requires a large amount of respect from customers.

Being a server is a "profession" for teenagers and young adults. It should be used as a stepping stone into another career, or what pays a college students bar tab...

If Cortese would hire some younger and friendlier people to be servers, it might see a lot more satisfied customers, a happier overall staff, and fewer complaints.

PEOPLE GO OUT TO DINNER TO ENJOY THEMSELVES AND THE PEOPLE THEY ARE WITH; NOT TO HAVE MIDDLE-AGED LIFERS WITH AN ATTITUDE RUIN THE AFTERNOON OR NIGHT BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL WAITING TABLES AT THEIR AGE AND STILL CAN'T DO IT RIGHT.

Wake up!

They can try and shove you out as much as they want, but do you have to leave when they want you to? Last I heard we live in America so when push comes to shove and they're really busy, bring along a bunch of your buddies and stay a long time if you're so pissed by the situation. Or get take out like I do, or are you too good to order take out?

Guest Guest
Aren't YOU a piece of work....love it...."I'll never give them a dime again, even though their food is the best in the area" - you just gave them money - great advertising FOR them.

by the way, facts please on donations or "give boatloads of money" to Randall Terry, OR and pro-life causes.......back it up with facts and evidence.

Yeah, like I have receipts or access to their books.

It ain't like they try to hide it....ask around

Guest Guest
Didn't know they SELL POLITICS...they sell food.

would you knowingly buy food from a restaraunt you knew was funneling money to Al Queda?

Same thing

Guest Guest
Has anyone noticed that the entire wait staff is in their 50s... Has anyone had one of these lifers try and take your plate while you're still eating; or possibly had a bottle of wine taken from your table while there is still wine in it... and not just once, BUT EVERY TIME YOU'RE IN THE RESTAURANT.

Here's my thoughts, I'm guessing that the management at Cortese thinks that hiring older people to work in their "fancy" restaurant will result in better quality service that is more pleasing to all patrons, especially older patrons. The thought being that older people have been around longer, have learned how to handle and interact with a wide variety of people with respect and patience.

So shouldn't the wait staff (that has been at Cortese forever) be really polite, know that you should ask customers if they are finished with their food or drink before reaching in and trying to take it, be able to handle their tables when it gets busy, know what is on the menu, and be able to address problems if any arise professionally???

I don't want these people waiting on me, not only because they are rude and unpleasant, but because I have no interest in interacting with people that are arrogant and believe they deserve respect because they have been working at Cortese the longest. Maybe I'm alone here but I don't think working in a restaurant until the age of 50 is anything to brag about, or anything that requires a large amount of respect from customers.

Being a server is a "profession" for teenagers and young adults. It should be used as a stepping stone into another career, or what pays a college students bar tab...

If Cortese would hire some younger and friendlier people to be servers, it might see a lot more satisfied customers, a happier overall staff, and fewer complaints.

PEOPLE GO OUT TO DINNER TO ENJOY THEMSELVES AND THE PEOPLE THEY ARE WITH; NOT TO HAVE MIDDLE-AGED LIFERS WITH AN ATTITUDE RUIN THE AFTERNOON OR NIGHT BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL WAITING TABLES AT THEIR AGE AND STILL CAN'T DO IT RIGHT.

Wake up!

I agree to your post to a point; however, the better the personality and service, the better the tip. But you might be a little on the judgmental side don't you think. In any establishment the server should be courteous and pleasant regardless of age. It was definately inappropriate for them to remove your items before you were finished, however you are paying good money for dinnere there, you should have politely advised them of their obvious misconception that you were not finished. That would have made them seem the fool.

But your comments about their age are rather irrelevant to anything. Working in a restaurant as a waiter/waitress is a service that is provided to us, as are the people who cut your hair or repair your dishwasher. The world needs a variety of service providers, not all of us can be lawyers and doctors. Be glad that these people are working and not collecting welfare and having your tax dollars paying for them to lay around and do nothing. Not only that - did you ever stop for a second and think that maybe they do this by choice. Maybe they really enjoy what they do and love to go to work everyday. Maybe they just had some arrogant, judgmental jerk like you come in and give them a hard time, or maybe they are just having a really bad day. I am sure that being the perfect person that you are, you never experienced a "bad day."

And the idea that you think that they do not deserve any respect - you are sadly mistaken. They are trying to accomodate your every need and request, as well as those of their other tables (Obviously you do not have a wife/husband and kids). If I was your server and you treated me in such a demeaning manner I probably would have spit in your food. And no, I am not a waiter/waitress, I am a paralegal with a college degree!!

I personally am not a fan or Cortese, but for not other reason than I really do not like their sauce. Bad service can happen at any establishment, but I bet it happens quite often for you!! Maybe you should take a deeper look into your personality instead of blaming everything on those around you. And remember, people cannot change something that they do not know is wrong, so next time inform them of their mistake, even as obvious as it may be. See, you have just been advised of what an jerk you have been, lets see what changes you make!!

Guest Guest
would you knowingly buy food from a restaraunt you knew was funneling money to Al Queda?

Same thing

Same thing?????????

Al Qaeda and the Pro-Life Movement??????

Sounds like you're permanently disconnected from reality.

Guest Guest
It appears that your opinion may have an attempt to persuade people from dining at Cortese . I think we were looking for matters that related to the service and not what they do with their profits . It doesn't change the taste of the food or the service none . It might matter to you and I'm fine with the fact you won't be dining there . Bye-Bye Now !!!

To support a business that is proactive with polical views opposite yours is hypocritical. Of course it doesn't affect the service or taste of the food, that is not the point at all. Think before you type.

Guest Guest
That's the most ridiculous comment I ever heard . Someone should pour Dave's Insanity Sauce down your throat jerk .

No it's not. Randall Terry is a nincompoop. I wouldn't support him on any level.

The Lost Dog owners support the blood tossing military hating kooks from Ithaca.

They would probably spit in my food if they knew I was a republican viet vet.

Guest Guest
To support a business that is proactive with polical views opposite yours is hypocritical. Of course it doesn't affect the service or taste of the food, that is not the point at all. Think before you type.

i did not write the post. but saying that, abortion is LEGAL in this country and the cortese family have gone out of their way to protest this legal procedure. if you don't like the law, write your congressman, don't take it to the streets. you are in business in this community and not all residents think like you. give it a break. you are not going to change the law. bush could not even do that with his supreme court appointees. live with. try to influence your law makes on a one on one basis or contrubute money to those law makes that oppose abortion. but please, respect the rights of others as they are walking into the clinic. how would you have felt if there were protestors against chemo therapy when you sister and daughter was walking into lourdes hosp. for treatment. jsut give that some thought. please.

Archived