Cortese Restaurant

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
i did not write the post. but saying that, abortion is LEGAL in this country and the cortese family have gone out of their way to protest this legal procedure. if you don't like the law, write your congressman, don't take it to the streets. you are in business in this community and not all residents think like you. give it a break. you are not going to change the law. bush could not even do that with his supreme court appointees. live with. try to influence your law makes on a one on one basis or contrubute money to those law makes that oppose abortion. but please, respect the rights of others as they are walking into the clinic. how would you have felt if there were protestors against chemo therapy when you sister and daughter was walking into lourdes hosp. for treatment. jsut give that some thought. please.

Slavery, at one time, was legal also. Thank God for the Abolition Movement.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
The Lost Dog owners support the blood tossing military hating kooks from Ithaca.

They would probably spit in my food if they knew I was a republican viet vet.

exactly, and if I were you i wouldn't eat there

Guest Guest
That's the most ridiculous comment I ever heard . Someone should pour Dave's Insanity Sauce down your throat jerk .

your right.....

fundamentalist right wing conservative christians, as embodied by people like Randall Terry, are a far greater threat to the America way of life than Al Queda will ever be....

The point is, don't be a hypocrit. don't finance a movement you don't agree with because the food tastes good

jerk

Guest Guest
your right.....

fundamentalist right wing conservative christians, as embodied by people like Randall Terry, are a far greater threat to the America way of life than Al Queda will ever be....

The point is, don't be a hypocrit. don't finance a movement you don't agree with because the food tastes good

jerk

Remember, Al Qaeda is respectful of women and their rights, just so long as they shut up and know their place.

Guest Guest

You're a true idiot.

It should be obvious to rational people that Randall Terry did not fly planes into towers, that it wasn't Terry calling for the 7/7 bombings in London or the Madrid massacre, and that's only scratching the surface of a VERY large jihad machine operating today.

Guest Guest
your right.....

jerk

is that you rosie?

Guest Guest
your right.....

jerk

This goes to prove that the most determined enemies of Western civilization may not be the jihadists at all, but the leftists who fear their churchgoing neighbors more than Islamic terrorists.

Guest Guest
Slavery, at one time, was legal also. Thank God for the Abolition Movement.

says you. don't forget it is your spiritual leaders that are taking advantage sexually of young boys. why don't you protest that.

Guest Guest
says you. don't forget it is your spiritual leaders that are taking advantage sexually of young boys. why don't you protest that.

Gee, I wonder who this is being a DELETED? Maybe the same DELETED that knows nothing about working in the hospital! I could tell by the DELETED grammar skills!

Guest Guest

This topic started about the service at Cortese Restaurant. It's pretty sad that BC Voice lets this nonsense continue. Give us a break , from Italian food to this. WAKE UP !!!!

@

There was a day, I would go no where else,standing room only.

That was then and now no more.

The help is without help and the so called attention as you enter is not there. They talk among themsleves and have no smile nor greeting.

Who ever trains these people can't see they have all killed the business. It's dead. bury it.

To many great new places and old standbys that still do it right.

@

Guest Guest

There's nothing particularly special about this restaurant. They make the same food as a dozen other restaurants in the area. I've had better service at other restaurants and had better food for better prices. I would nonetheless probably still go to Cortese on occasion if it weren't for their very public political, social and religious stances. It's the icing on the cake that turns me off to spending my money there and is the risk any business person takes if they decide to become a spokeman for a cause and take the gamble of alienating some of your clientelle. They seem fine with taking steps to lose that business so it's their choice in how to handle their affairs just as it's my choice to blow them off. They make spaghetti for god's sake, big whoopin deal.

@

Has anyone noticed that the entire wait staff is in their 50s... Has anyone had one of these lifers try and take your plate while you're still eating; or possibly had a bottle of wine taken from your table while there is still wine in it... and not just once, BUT EVERY TIME YOU'RE IN THE RESTAURANT.

Here's my thoughts, I'm guessing that the management at Cortese thinks that hiring older people to work in their "fancy" restaurant will result in better quality service that is more pleasing to all patrons, especially older patrons. The thought being that older people have been around longer, have learned how to handle and interact with a wide variety of people with respect and patience.

So shouldn't the wait staff (that has been at Cortese forever) be really polite, know that you should ask customers if they are finished with their food or drink before reaching in and trying to take it, be able to handle their tables when it gets busy, know what is on the menu, and be able to address problems if any arise professionally???

I don't want these people waiting on me, not only because they are rude and unpleasant, but because I have no interest in interacting with people that are arrogant and believe they deserve respect because they have been working at Cortese the longest. Maybe I'm alone here but I don't think working in a restaurant until the age of 50 is anything to brag about, or anything that requires a large amount of respect from customers.

Being a server is a "profession" for teenagers and young adults. It should be used as a stepping stone into another career, or what pays a college students bar tab...

If Cortese would hire some younger and friendlier people to be servers, it might see a lot more satisfied customers, a happier overall staff, and fewer complaints.

PEOPLE GO OUT TO DINNER TO ENJOY THEMSELVES AND THE PEOPLE THEY ARE WITH; NOT TO HAVE MIDDLE-AGED LIFERS WITH AN ATTITUDE RUIN THE AFTERNOON OR NIGHT BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL WAITING TABLES AT THEIR AGE AND STILL CAN'T DO IT RIGHT.

Wake up!

Well, I will admit that you are right about one thing. You most definitely ARE alone in this trivial matter that you have turned into an Olympic event. Cortese' did not get to its place of respect & dignity in this area for all the years it's been here by hiring people that act as you describe.

If Cortese' is so bad, why is their Reservation list for New Years & the like booked solid already?

Why are some of their workers older than others? It called loyalty & being treated like family. You should try it sometime. Unly one question remains. If what you say is so true, why don't you have a regular screen name here? Why use the generic "Guest" name? What are you afraid of?

@

To all the whiners about Cortese Restaurant, you have a choice just don't go there anymore. there are plenty of other restaurants to choose from in this area.

You should have no problem at any restaurant that you would find suitable to your level. The Golden arches are all over the place. Say hi to Ronnie for me.

Guest Stephen P. Jensen

Well ... this thread certainly took a left turn. Al Qaeda? From a Cortese conversation? Wow.

Anyhow, my wife and I went to Cortese last night, around 8-8:30. As I said earlier, I had the chicken alfredo, and it was great, as always. My wife had the same ... enjoyed hers, too.

We tried the BBQ shrimp as an appetizer. Hadn't had it before. It was "OK." A little heavy on the vinegar side for me. I give it a 6 on a 10 scale. Probably would try a different appetizer next time, though.

We shared a tiramisa for dessert, and it was really great.

Our service was A1. And we actually laughed after having read the thread-starter's rant, because our waitress was probably in her early 20s, maybe mid-20s. She was attentive, but not overly so. Just about perfect, in my book.

A nice experience at Cortese. Again.

-SPJ

Guest Guest
Wait staff or not, people should know the cortese politics and be able to choose if they want to patronize them.. Cortese gives boatloads of money to Randall Terry, Operation Rescue and Pro life causes.

I'll never give them a dime again, even though their food is the best in the area

Do you have any substantial proof to backup your allegations?

Guest Guest
I have no problem with you going there. and if the Cortese want to turn their profit into funding for abortion doctor killers, that's there business too.

I just said i can't be a part of that, and want people to know that they do that. your money you spend on your meal at Cortese helps fund fundamentalist right wing whackos

consider it a public service announcement

And again do you have any proof to your allegations? You shouldn't be pointing these things out unless you can back it up.

Guest Guest

Just because they are vocal about their pro life beliefs does not mean they support a crazy DELETED like Terry.

Do you know that they do (did)?

Guest Guest-Fresh is back again
I'm sure Cortese doesn't even know that they are losing or have lost customers, due to their staff.

My earlier post says nothing about ever letting anyone get away with walking away with my unfinished food or wine, only that it happens, ALOT. The act of reaching in and attempting to take anything before asking SHOULD NOT HAPPEN, PERIOD.

"Oldies, but goodies," should be left for Solid Gold Saturday night on the radio, and not our server Saturday night at Cortese. The staff may be old and good, but they're also miserable and rude.

I don't think I mentioned anything about firing people for their age, which is absolutely discrimination; but firing people for incorrectly doing their job... WOULD BE OK...and GREATLY APPRECIATED BY ALL.

And about the BIG YOUNG BOOBS, I have my own to look at, I don't need to go anywhere for a peek! Customers aren't looking for looks, but a personality might help!

Also the phrase "get into someones pants" and the Cortese wait staff, should never be in the same sentence. There is no hidden agenda in these posts, no one at Cortese ever ruined my life, just a lot of lunches and dinners.

UNTIL SOME CHANGES ARE MADE, CORTESE SHOULD BE THANKING GOD THAT SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE MEMORIES OF HOW GOOD CORTESE PIZZA WAS WHEN THEY WERE YOUNGER BECAUSE THAT'S THEIR LOYAL CUSTOMER BASE.

@

Oh boy....more useless stuff to discuss...but I'll take the bait!

Listen Miss Paris/Perex Hilton wannabe or whatever...you live in Binghamton...not NYC, LA, or Vegas. Maybe you should keep your 5 star wannabe attitude home instead of going to a restaurant that from my time in Binghamton (lived there for 4 years not too long ago) always seemed to be doing excellent business!

Like one of the previous posters said...if they came & tried to take a plate ebefore you're done...you say "Sorry, not finished with it yet". Waiters & waitresses also respond to body language, if they approach a table and see someone having a little left and not eating it, they assume. May not always be the right thing to do...but they're waiting for you to respond as well.

Point #2...if they've ruined many lunches and dinners...why do you go back? Can't be cause of the "horrible food"....nice contradiction!

Nice young boobs...VERY open to debate I'm sure...those that immediately jump to discuss their looks have most likely self confidence issues and must need to constantly paint themselves in a bright light.

Moral of the story....live on take out or politely speak up for yourself. Either way...I'm sure the Cortese family wont be missing your $25 tonight.

Guest Guest
Just because they are vocal about their pro life beliefs does not mean they support a crazy DELETED like Terry.

Do you know that they do (did)?

Yes, there was a huge controversy over it 15 years or so ago

@

Archived