Cortese Restaurant

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
On the other hand, probably lots of pro-abortion people would be buying you drinks, and high-fiving you.

How's this for a t-shirt: "I killed my baby, but it was legal because he hadn't been born yet"

Yeah, people who are pro-choice are just salivating to congratulate women who have had abortions. You are an idiot. I suppose you believe they have horns on their heads, too?

How's this for a t-shirt: "I believe women are just baby-makers and have should have no say in what happens to their body!"

@

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest25
I haven't been at Cortese for a sit-down meal in a while, but we get take-out there fairly often. I know Chris and Colleen Cortese personally, and consider them among the nicest people in the area (no, we don't hang out on weekends ... just casual acquaintances away from their business).

Like other long-time family-owned restaurants (compare their situation with that at Little Venice, for example), many of the employees have been there for many years. Not to be too cliche, but it's like a family. And while I've never spoken with any members of the Cortese staff about their personal finances, I'll go on a ledge and assume some of the long-timers stay because (a) they do all right with income, (B) their employers are decent to them, and © by and large, they're pretty good at a craft most people could never handle (I include myself in that pool, as I waited tables for years while in college).

While waiting tables was a college job for me, I also worked with career waiters and waitresses. I was always impressed with the professionalism most brought to the table (pun intended). Sure, some were flat-out jerks, but you'll get that mixture in any/every profession.

One of my Dad's old stories I remember well was about him, as a young boy, going into Manhattan with his Dad. They went to a "fancy restaurant," and Dad's story revolved around just how impressed he was with the way the waiter always seemed to have a sense about what was next, and what they needed. That kind of service made an impression on him to the point that he was still telling the story decades later. That service set some kind of a bar for him, from which he judged his wait service for the rest of his life. He was never a snob about it (those who knew my Dad would laugh at that prospect), but he kept it in mind.

To the original poster, if you have such a problem with an individual or a perceived practice at Cortese, you could always speak with a member of the Cortese family. Or ... you could go to a different restaurant where the wait staff is ... younger?

Me, I like going there. The place has great history, and I can't help from wondering about "the good ol' days" when the place got started, and Mr. Cortese, his family members and all their friends must have cooked for each other and hung out after long days, like out of a movie.

To each their own.

And for the record, my wife asked me where I'd like to go for dinner Friday (tonight). I picked Cortese (I'll be having chicken alfredo). Probably why I clicked on this thread.

I think going to any place that serves customers and allows their YOUNG staff to fluff their scruffy hair... literally shake it whatever it was in there out and then grab my glass and ask me if i want water needs to take a good hard look at their staff. that is just disgusting

Guest Guest
And again do you have any proof to your allegations? You shouldn't be pointing these things out unless you can back it up.

It is common knowledge the cortese family is radically anti abortion. they are a part of that roman catholic sect that can't see the forest for the trees. I have no respect for Randall Terry or his antics, and it has negatively affected my visits to cortese. Their bend toward anti abortion is not a secret, it has been well documented locally.

Guest Guest
I highly doubt that Mr. Cortese (or any member of his staff) would be standing at the door of the E.R. stopping it from happening. And if you take your pregnant daughter to Cortese for her abortion, I think you have bigger problems than politics.

Congratulations on the stupidest post to ever appear on BCVoice - and oh my, there have been some real winners here. What kind of job to you have that requires a suit, but no clear thinking? (( just curious, come on, hit me with your best shot! ))

Guest Guest
Just because they are vocal about their pro life beliefs does not mean they support a crazy DELETED like Terry.

Do you know that they do (did)?

YES they do. it's common knowledge. Been publicized a million times.

@

Archived