wrestling prediction

Guest wrestling fan

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ 145 sewalt won states in d2 and got majored by the kid who took 6th in d1, and i originally stated that the d2 135, 140, 160and 171 state champ was better than the d1 state champ. u proved me wrong at 103 and thats it

that's funny bud when your an all American come talk to me.

i didn't realize lushts placed at nationals...when and where. all I've seen is crappy performances at sectionals and never made it to states

Forks stays up for one reason- to get more kids to states. that's it.

Hogwash!

Before the split into D1 and D2, they had the 4th most lifetime Section 4 champs behind Ithaca, JC and U-E and barely behind U-E. They do not need any help getting guys in states.

Besides, you name me ONE wrestler in the section who, upon entering the sport would say "I'd rather be a D2 champion in New York than a D1 champion in NY".

They stayed D1 because it means more to be a D1 champ than a D2 champ state-wise. In at least 85% of the D1/D2 champs over the last half-decade the D1 state champ would beat the D2 state champ. It just makes sense logically and mathematically. More school/wrestlers overall means better wrestlers. Of course there ARE exceptions as you would expect. The D2 state meet has some major beasts in some weight classes.

This split needs to be abolished and return to one champ per weight class.

Hogwash!

Before the split into D1 and D2, they had the 4th most lifetime Section 4 champs behind Ithaca, JC and U-E and barely behind U-E. They do not need any help getting guys in states.

Besides, you name me ONE wrestler in the section who, upon entering the sport would say "I'd rather be a D2 champion in New York than a D1 champion in NY".

They stayed D1 because it means more to be a D1 champ than a D2 champ state-wise. In at least 85% of the D1/D2 champs over the last half-decade the D1 state champ would beat the D2 state champ. It just makes sense logically and mathematically. More school/wrestlers overall means better wrestlers. Of course there ARE exceptions as you would expect. The D2 state meet has some major beasts in some weight classes.

thank you, finally someone who realizes that just because d2 may be better than d1 in section 4, d1 is the superior division state wide, and the d2 state champ USUALLY would beat the d2 state champ and even the d1 state runner up USUALLY would be the d2 state champ. as far as bringing it back to 1 division idk. every other sport has about 5 state champs, i think having 2 isnt so bad. i put usually in big letters to show that this is not the case all the time in case people misinterpret the post like so many people do on bc vioce, there are always those exceptions like dake and others

Hogwash!

Well, you guys in the forks are experts at washing hogs, but the facts are that 75% of the kids from CF that have gone to states since the split would NEVER had made it if they were in D2

Hogwash!

not even close.

It's 50/50 for the champs

where you start to get up to 85% is like the 6th place winner. DI has more depth. Rarely could the 6th place guy in D2 beat the 6th place guy in D1...except last year 171, where cody Reed beat the state champ

as far as bringing it back to 1 division idk. every other sport has about 5 state champs, i think having 2 isnt so bad.

The main point is this is an individual sport when it comes to the state tournament. It matters not if you are from Brentwood or Oxford. In football a Class D like Oxford could NEVER win AA, but a wrestler from Oxford can and HAS been the best in the entire state in his weight class. JP O'Connor would have won states if he lived in Spencerport, Onondaga, Hancock or Basketville.

There is no need to have two divisions for the state tournament in an individual sport like wrestling. If they had a full state-wide dual meet tournament, yes, multiple meets would be in order, but not for individuals.

not even close.

It's 50/50 for the champs

50/50 my butt.

D1 has MANY more wrestlers in it and many more in the talent pool for the schools to form their team. Numbers are everything. It's just common sense.

getting majored by a kid from corning makes you an AA? in what style?
first off it was 5 to 1 and it was a joke.He has beaten guifoyle 3 out of the 4 times they wrestled it was a fluke.And he is an AA type his name in google and see whats pops up.

i didn't realize lushts placed at nationals...when and where. all I've seen is crappy performances at sectionals and never made it to states

yea your right a 2nd and a 3rd at sectionals is reall crappy bud. Dont waste my time next time. Forks smash mouth fooba 28-0 baby.

but the facts are that 75% of the kids from CF that have gone to states since the split would NEVER had made it if they were in D2

I'll admit that's possibly true. It's because D2 is overall stronger in Section 4 right now, and a major reason is the number of D2 schools Section 4 has when compared to D1. I do not know the numbers but isn't it about a 3-1 ratio?

Now, how about this, 75% of Section 4's D2 guys who have won D2 states probably would not have won D1 states that year. refute that one haystick!

you guys forgot Nick Troutman from Cv.. i believe he's going to be wrestling 145 this year, could deff. win states

Not a chance. He took 3rd in the DII sectionals last year and now he's going to win the states?

first off it was 5 to 1 and it was a joke.He has beaten guifoyle 3 out of the 4 times they wrestled it was a fluke.And he is an AA type his name in google and see whats pops up.

hahahahaha

i googled it. he place 6th in a pee wee tourney that isn't even the same style as HS

hahahahaha

i googled it. he place 6th in a pee wee tourney that isn't even the same style as HS

tyler lusht is a great wrestler whom took 7th place at fargo north dakata in greco and freestyle...i think ill see him at states placing atleast top 5

tyler lusht is a great wrestler whom took 7th place at fargo north dakata in greco and freestyle...i think ill see him at states placing atleast top 5

i think the whole forks team is good this year including kyle kelly ,jacob green ,lanave ,little barrnett ,dyer ,bronson ,jordan barnett, tyler lusht, jesse barnett ,ryan lusht ,jake doubois........# 1 team in the state no argument!

Archived