Stabbing at BU

Guest Guest

BTK I do not want to get you into trouble with anyone, but obviously there are more questions than answers right now and the speculation is running rampant by word of mouth. There are rumors of the suspects name, religion, country of origin, and even the possibility that he has diplomatic immunity. If that's true, this story is going national eventually and I need not say more. If it's not true, I think we would all agree getting some basic facts out there would help stop the rumors or at least give us something to point to and quell this speculation. The lack of information is troubling. If these thoughts are out of bounds then by all means delete it. However, I don't think it will change the outcome.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTK I do not want to get you into trouble with anyone, but obviously there are more questions than answers right now and the speculation is running rampant by word of mouth. There are rumors of the suspects name, religion, country of origin, and even the possibility that he has diplomatic immunity. If that's true, this story is going national eventually and I need not say more. If it's not true, I think we would all agree getting some basic facts out there would help stop the rumors or at least give us something to point to and quell this speculation. The lack of information is troubling. If these thoughts are out of bounds then by all means delete it. However, I don't think it will change the outcome.

Did you have a hard time understanding what I posted? I said that it is open for discussion. But I am not going to babysit the topic. I removed over 45 abusive posts that didn't have anything to do with what happened and were mainly name calling and bickering. It won't be tolerated.

Guest Guest D.W.G.

If this is the same situation as the artist that was killed for the rendering of an image of Mohamed, could it be an act of terrorism to intimidate some one else to change the way they write, teach, or paint? This has happened thought history in religion, politics and mob rule.

I guess what I am trying to say is that society puts up with intolerance reinforced with political correctness to an ever increasing degree. If anyone has seen the D.W. Griffith film Intolerance, you will understand more clearly what I am trying to say.

Suspect named in fatal stabbing of Binghamton University professor

VESTAL -- Abdulsalam Al-Zahrani has been charged with second-degree murder in the stabbing death of Binghamton University Professor Richard T. Antoun.

Al-Zahrani was taken to the Broome County Jail at 1:30 a.m. Satruday, said Broome County Sheriff's Sgt. Paul Carlson. He was arraigned in Town of Vestal court Saturday morning.

Al-Zahrani, of Grand Avenue in Johnson City, was charged by Binghamton University Police.

The fatal stabbing Friday of longtime Binghamton University anthropology professor Antoun has left the community with more questions than answers, again.

[cont to link]

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20091...rsity-professor

I'm certain some of the bigotry on here is starting to rub off on me. They reported that the suspect was a graduate student studying Middle Eastern arts. My first thought was that his name will include Abdullah or Ali!

Good guess.

How did you ever guess this one .

Just wait for the trial .

That should be real interesting .

Get used to it, Muslim violence does seem to be the trendy thing. Unfortunately America will fall similar to Constantinople, destroyed and assimilated by savage blood thirsty Muslims, only these constant cowardly attacks continue within our own borders. A slow but effective process that we will never be able to stop due the Christian hating, Muslim sympathizing jellyfish who are in control of our government and slaves to political correctness.

We are now a weak nation ripe for the picking! I'm sure this brings "much happiness" for you, Muslim, to see non Muslims wiped out so your false religion can continue to spread like a filthy disease. Either that or you're another brainless lib who is too ignorant and knee deep in your own twisted liberal agenda to realize (or care) what's happening. America, be warned, a Muslim is a Muslim, is a Muslim, expect more Mulim violence!

The Last Patriot

if that is the case they may meet Mr. Smith and Wesson.

@

Al-Zahrani wanted more funding for his Phd dissertation research. The tragedy in this is that Antoun was an advocate of Muslims, he wanted people to learn about their culture, have tolerance for them, and not accept stereotyping about them and then he died at the hands of an intolerant Muslim. Diplomatic immunity will not protect this act.

Good guess.

How did you ever guess this one .

Just wait for the trial .

That should be real interesting .

There won't be a trial. He will use the Mentally Illness excuse.

Suspect named in fatal stabbing of Binghamton University professor

VESTAL -- Abdulsalam Al-Zahrani has been charged with second-degree murder in the stabbing death of Binghamton University Professor Richard T. Antoun.

Al-Zahrani was taken to the Broome County Jail at 1:30 a.m. Satruday, said Broome County Sheriff's Sgt. Paul Carlson. He was arraigned in Town of Vestal court Saturday morning.

Al-Zahrani, of Grand Avenue in Johnson City, was charged by Binghamton University Police.

The fatal stabbing Friday of longtime Binghamton University anthropology professor Antoun has left the community with more questions than answers, again.

[cont to link]

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20091...rsity-professor

well, the muslim part is true. now it is about motive. if it was solely based on grades, it wouldn't matter that he's muslim. if it's about a difference in religious beliefs, it does matter he's a muslim. THE ONLY PERSON WHO KNOWS THE TRUE MOTIVE IS THE KILLER. time will tell. the rest is speculation. people who don't like muslims will assume the worst. i can't blame them for that. but if he disagreed on a grade and it wasn't belief based, it's like any other murder. this one is as senseless and tragic as most murders are.

There won't be a trial. He will use the Mentally Illness excuse.

Temporary Insanity!! He will get off in Liberal New York State... and do some time in a mental institution.

@

Guest The Last Patriot
Al-Zahrani wanted more funding for his Phd dissertation research. The tragedy in this is that Antoun was an advocate of Muslims, he wanted people to learn about their culture, have tolerance for them, and not accept stereotyping about them and then he died at the hands of an intolerant Muslim. Diplomatic immunity will not protect this act.

Big mistake, tolerance is not in the Islamic dictionary. When will people learn? My thoughts and Christian prayers go out to the family. Predictably, I'm sure that Muslims will be all over this blaming the victim for his "intolerance" and justifying this brutal and savage murder.

Guest The Last Patriot
Big mistake, tolerance is not in the Islamic dictionary. When will people learn? My thoughts and Christian prayers go out to the family. Predictably, I'm sure that Muslims will be all over this blaming the victim for his "intolerance" and justifying this brutal and savage murder.

I forgot to add..... or remain predictably silent as not to offend other Muslims, something else Muslims are very proficient in.

Prof. Richard T. Antoun was a Jewish convert, through his wife in Binghamton NY, in the Reform tradition, see preface from his book, click here. Prof. Richard T. Antoun had a Muslim grand-father and a Catholic grand-mother on different sides of his family, his parents were married in a civil ceramony in Brazil and then in a Methodist Church when they came to the USA, he has had varied links to many religions including the Quaker and the Catholic Church but appears to have settled on Judism in Binghamton NY.

Islamic law Prof. Richard T. Antoun Stabbed, Killed at Binghamton University by Grad Student, Antoun Wrote the Book Understanding Fundamentalism: Christian, Islamic, and Jewish Movements.

@

Why haven't the local police held a press conference? Doesn't the local press work the authorities on the need for getting correct information out to a concerned community? I don't understand all the secrecy around here and how the authorities can get away with it.

Decided to get proactive, submitted the pressconnects link on this to Drudge Report. Lets see if that deem it newsworthy enough for their site.

@

still don't know motive. if it is grade or funding related, that is not a muslim issue.

really, the civic center wasn't immigrant related? the basketball team wasn't about recruiting black men that had no business being here in the 1st place? the serb beating has nothing to do with it, either? why was he here? we don't know about the stabbing yet, but the student was studying middle eastern studies. if you can't see that these events are all about diversity, you are an idiot.

It's not about diversity.

I forgot to add..... or remain predictably silent as not to offend other Muslims, something else Muslims are very proficient in.

The victim spent his life promoting understanding...no one could accuse him of intolerance

The victim spent his life promoting understanding...no one could accuse him of intolerance

Don't you get it? Of course it was not about intolerance.

He probably treated everyone the same and that is what got him into trouble.

The victim did not bend over to the superior Muslim.

It's not about diversity.

In tyhe 1960s immigration laws were changed in favor of third-world, non-white, pond-scum.

Women's lib was fostered and supported by the communists/marxists to help remove women from the rearing of their own children and to help break down the family unit. This along with the huge spike in tax rates effectively made even those women who didn't wish to do so seek work outside the home just to maintain the same standard of living.

Again, pushed and funded by the commuists/marxists, 'civil rights' was brought to the forefront and culminated in affirmative action and desegration to the further detriment of white families and the school atmosphere. I think there is a definite link between the end of segregation and the beginning of the end of America as a world power. The country was built on the hard work and sacrifice of millions of Europeans, who would be sickened to see how the country was wrecked. It is an example of how multiculturalism destroys once great nations. Also there have been an estimated 60,000 whites slaughtered by blacks since segregation ended. These people would still be alive or would have been able to live out their lives in peace if segregation had stayed in place.

Add into this mix the hoardes of newcomers who had never experienced what our country was during the previous decades along with its values and morals (and wouldn't have cared if they did) who were immediately embraced by the liberals and put on pedestals of 'diversity' and 'multiculturalism' for our children to emulate and...well.....we see what has come of it all.... and, of course, we're the 'racists' or 'home-grown terrorists' for daring to point it out to people like Bee.

Archived