Your typical Broome resident???

Guest Larsen E. Pettifogger

I'm not trying to get to fifth base with you . After that comment I think we should meet ... I like you more !!! ;)

Sorry can't- I'm a married woman. :(

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone's all "you made bad choices", "you pick the wrong women".............

No one on BCV has yet been able to tell me (for 3 years now) where the "right women" are.

Church, the grocery store, quilting bees, blah blah blah.

Maybe they are hiding from you.

Guest Guest
Sorry can't- I'm a married woman. :(

I had a few of those too . I told you I was bad .. You got any sister that are sloppy kissers ? :blink:

@

Guest Just Lookin
She is out there somewhere. Actually many women are attracted to bad boys. There is some type of a turn on for women. Maybe they find them kind of exciting. ;)

Brighteyes, maybe some are attracted to bad boys but I don't think I'd go as far to say "many" are. Then again I can only speak for myself. Bad boys? No thanks, give me a good guy!

Guest Guest
Brighteyes, maybe some are attracted to bad boys but I don't think I'd go as far to say "many" are. Then again I can only speak for myself. Bad boys? No thanks, give me a good guy!

I will go that far and say "many are."

Bad boys don't all wear leather, do rags and ride Harleys while sporting scruffy beards.

Lots of them look normal. They have jobs and wear dress shirts. They act like regular people. They just treat women poorly once they have them hooked. They get very emotionally distant. They ignore them a lot. They are often control freaks. They like to fight and be right all the time. They often have serious incapacities for fidelity and problems with severe jealousy. They quite often belittle their women, constantly point out all their faults and remind them why no other man would ever want them.

In short, they have a lot of unresolved "Mommy" and deep seated anger issues and put them all on their girlfriends and wives.

You'd be surprised how many of these men act like really nice guys when out in public or at work and morph into overcontrolling jerks at home.

Women get hooked in with these guys. The guys spend a lot of energy making sure she's intimidated and afraid to leave. Not always with physical threats, but emotional.

@

Guest Guest-Fred-*

As a man, I can relate to this "chicks dig jerks" phenomena. But to say it is localized to the Binghamton area is rediculous. Do you honestly think that going somewhere else is going to change anything? The guy to chick ratio in this town is very favorable to the guys. If you're having trouble, you need to look at the man in the mirror.

Try these tips that I have found successful in attracting women.

Don't shave for a few days. Wear large baggy, dirty scrungy clothes when you go out. Be sure to flash a big wad of cash when ordering drinks. Don't make eye contact or speak directly to the woman. Buy her a drink and make the server tell her who bought it. When she trys to acknowledge your deed, pretend your cell phone is ringing and you're too busy to acknowledge her back. Have a pretend argument with the non-person on your cell phone. Yell into it saying "fine then, you go ahead and date Jamal, see if I care." Slap your phone shut and stare distantly into the woodwork of the bar. Order a double. Don't look over to see if she's noticing. Did you hear me? I said don't look!

With any luck at all, she'll come over and try to console you. Be difficult. Keep mumbling that if you hadn't gone to jail none of this ever would have happened. You'll have to play it by ear from here. Have fun, mix it up. Make her pay for everything.

Tomorow morning you can tell her you're really a nice guy, but had to put on the act just to meet her.

@

Guest Just Lookin
As a man, I can relate to this "chicks dig jerks" phenomena. But to say it is localized to the Binghamton area is rediculous. Do you honestly think that going somewhere else is going to change anything? The guy to chick ratio in this town is very favorable to the guys. If you're having trouble, you need to look at the man in the mirror.

Don't shave for a few days. Wear large baggy, dirty scrungy clothes when you go out. Be sure to flash a big wad of cash when ordering drinks. Don't make eye contact or speak directly to the woman. Buy her a drink and make the server tell her who bought it. When she trys to acknowledge your deed, pretend your cell phone is ringing and you're too busy to acknowledge her back. Have a pretend argument with the non-person on your cell phone. Yell into it saying "fine then, you go ahead and date Jamal, see if I care." Slap your phone shut and stare distantly into the woodwork of the bar. Order a double. Don't look over to see if she's noticing. Did you hear me? I said don't look!

With any luck at all, she'll come over and try to console you. Be difficult. Keep mumbling that if you hadn't gone to jail none of this ever would have happened. You'll have to play it by ear from here. Have fun, mix it up. Make her pay for everything.

Tomorow morning you can tell her you're really a nice guy, but had to put on the act just to meet her.

@

Kind of funny to read, but in reality? No way would you ever get a woman doing that!!! None that I know anyway.

Guest Guest
Kind of funny to read, but in reality? No way would you ever get a woman doing that!!! None that I know anyway.

Of course "none that you know".

I've known plenty. Granted he's a bit over the top, but he's close to the truth.

@

Actually, I never stated that this was a local phenomena.

I've only lived here.

I know how it used to be. I see how it is now.

No comparison.

There are lots of good men in this area still to be found. I meet every other week and play poker with some of my high school cronies. One is still happily married, two of us are separated, or divorced, and one is a widower. We just keep to ourselves. Get together for breakfast quite often, and play a lot of golf in the summer! We just all quit... you ladies are barking up the wrong tree. Any of you ever interested, you can meet us on my front porch most Saturday mornings...we have coffee, and share the newspaper...I guess we're just dull!

Guest Guest
There are lots of good men in this area still to be found. I meet every other week and play poker with some of my high school cronies. One is still happily married, two of us are separated, or divorced, and one is a widower. We just keep to ourselves. Get together for breakfast quite often, and play a lot of golf in the summer! We just all quit... you ladies are barking up the wrong tree. Any of you ever interested, you can meet us on my front porch most Saturday mornings...we have coffee, and share the newspaper...I guess we're just dull!

I should join you guys then, because I quit, too. I haven't asked a woman out in more than 2 years.

Most of the single women our age still want the same thrills they used to get when we were all 25.

I'm sure if you said that to a few of them, they'd respond "So what's wrong with that??"

@

Guest Guest-Bobby Baja-*
Yeah, Tony unfortunately is a sleeze. We grew up together on the southside...a real nice kid back then.

was he a "brown's" boy ???

Guest Guest

I've only lived here.

No comparison.

ok, if my bar room tips didn't help, here are a few more that have worked well for me. First, let's take a look at that wardrobe. Hmmph. Dude, where are your gold chains? No earring? Come on!!! Get yourself a little diamond in the ear, add some gold chains. I already talked about dumpy clothes, but maybe I should be more specific. Go to the salvation army and get yourself a well worn silk shirt from the 70s. Then get some jeans that are 3 or 4 sizes too big. Top it off with a ratty shinyl vinyl coat and your good to go. If you're balding, you may want to consider a black bandana... or an american flag bandana. If you can't find a used one, take the new one home and stomp on it out in the back yard for awhile. Maybe drag it behind the lawn tractor for a few mowings.

Sometimes a scraggly looking duffle bag can be an effective accessory. Fill it up with newspaper clippings about old convenience store hold ups. Pick a cold rainy night and walk up to the highway and start hitchhiking. Look pathetic. I'm telling you, they'll be fighting to give you a ride back to their place. You may want to stash a croquet mallet in your duffle bag to fend them off with. Did I forget the cologne? I find ode de diesel to be very effective. If you don't have easy access to diesel, kerosene smells pretty similar, and most "nice" girls can't tell the difference. Good luck, and be sure to write back with your success story.

@

Guest Guest

I've only lived here.

No comparison.

Actually you did say it in the title of the thread.

Archived