Binghamton Police

Guest Guesto

Guest Guesto

I am just wondering why there was six Binghamton Police cars on 17 West just past Comacazie(?) Turn today at 12:15 pm when I was on my lunch hour.

I could not believe what I was seeing. One car had someone pulled over and there were 4 patrol cars just sitting on the side of the highway with officers in them

and then further up there was a cop standing on the outside of his police jeep pointing a speed gun at the cars.

Is downtown Binghamton in that good of condition that these patrol cars need to be up on 17 West pulling over speeders?

How do you take 6 cars out of circulation to do this? Why would a police scheduler or whatever they are called do this?

These cars need to be down in the city where they belong!!!!!!

I am just wondering why there was six Binghamton Police cars on 17 West just past Comacazie(?) Turn today at 12:15 pm when I was on my lunch hour.

I could not believe what I was seeing. One car had someone pulled over and there were 4 patrol cars just sitting on the side of the highway with officers in them

and then further up there was a cop standing on the outside of his police jeep pointing a speed gun at the cars.

Is downtown Binghamton in that good of condition that these patrol cars need to be up on 17 West pulling over speeders?

How do you take 6 cars out of circulation to do this? Why would a police scheduler or whatever they are called do this?

Well, that part of 17 is in the city. It looked like they were working with NYSP. When I went through there were 4 SP cars and 1 Binghamton and 1 blue unmarked van with a guy with a laser gun.

http://news10now.com/content/all_news/1137...rs/Default.aspx

NEW YORK STATE -- The New York State Department of Transportation has announced the locations for this year's Aggressive Driving Targeted Enforcement Campaign.

Extra patrols will be out on State Route 17C in town of Union this week, as well as various times during the summer. State Routes 13 and 281 in Tompkins and Cortland counties will also be heavily patrolled.

The Aggressive Driving Campaign is designed to increase awareness of the problems associated with unsafe driving. State Police define an aggressive driver as "anyone who operates a motor vehicle in a selfish, bold or pushy manner, without regard for the rights or safety of the other users of our streets and highways."

I know this isn't the right area for what you passed, but I wonder if this is a part of it?

Guest Guest

Maybe you should take the exam and become the next Binghamton Police Chief ....... :blink:

Guest Come on
http://news10now.com/content/all_news/1137...rs/Default.aspx

I know this isn't the right area for what you passed, but I wonder if this is a part of it?

You have to be kidding me. Like the drivers around here are that aggressive. You can't be serious :angry: You can't even go 5 miles an hour over the speed limit without getting hit with a damn ticket. Try catching some real criminals for once!

Guest Guest mememe

The job of a policeman is also to provide safety. I think it is a good idea. People speeding, talking on their phones, being aggressive toward other drives, hope they get caught. For all of the families who have lost loved ones due to irresponsible drivers, I bet they find this action by the police very reassuring that their loved ones did not die in vane.

@

Guest Guest

I was going through there just as the guy was climbing up on the guard rail with his radar gun... he just missed me! haha! Yeah I thought this whole production was a little excessive. To the OP- were you by any chance driving a white SUV?

Guest Guesto1

I think I will pass on taking the exam.... NOT interested....

And this is a job for Binghamton Police Department to be up on the highway? WHY? Please explain to me how speeders on the HIGHWAY are impacting

the CITY of Binghamton....

Shouldn't this be left for the State Police or Sheriff's Dept?

Six patrol cars on the highway for speeders..... what a joke!!!!

Keep them in the CITY where they belong....

Guest chuck k

And this is a job for Binghamton Police Department to be up on the highway? WHY? Please explain to me how speeders on the HIGHWAY are impacting

Want some cheese with that WHINE?????

They belong anywhere within CITY limits and that part of the HIGHWAY is CITY! That is where they BELONG DELETED ever think maybe they had other cars protecting the CITY!!

I went through there at around noon too. I was going about 10 over and people were FLYING by me. And not one of the 7 cops sitting there turned their lights on for any of us? There were about 20 cars that DESERVED tickets. One being myself! Not that I am complaining :)!!! So I dont know why they were really there.

Guest Guest
I went through there at around noon too. I was going about 10 over and people were FLYING by me. And not one of the 7 cops sitting there turned their lights on for any of us? There were about 20 cars that DESERVED tickets. One being myself! Not that I am complaining :)!!! So I dont know why they were really there.

Call and ask them .... They'll tell you just what I'm going to ..... MYOB :blink:

Guest Guest

Thanks for sharing all that ... Can we get you licence plate number now ? :rolleyes:

@

Good...too many people blow around that curve like maniacs.

I'd love to see some of them get nailed.

To this poster:

You have to be kidding me. Like the drivers around here are that aggressive. You can't be serious You can't even go 5 miles an hour over the speed limit without getting hit with a damn ticket. Try catching some real criminals for once!

I don't know where YOU drive around here, or how long you've been doing so, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

It was the normal traffic detail that they do every year. It is probably grant money being used to do it.

@

Guest natty
this was a special detail that they *INCLUDING STATE POLICE, SO QUIT WITH THE BPD BLAMING* were given BY THE STATE. Kamikaze curve, until airport rd exit, is STILL Binghamton city limits. There was still the normal amount of patrol cars on duty in the city. maybe if you didnt drive like jerks, they wouldnt need to do this once or twice a month.

Guest Guest

What good is that going to do? Just catching bad drivers for a few days doesn't change anything.

I have my own method for dealing with tailgaters: pull to the right or left, hit the breaks, then start chasing them into a panic. That teaches them better than anything. :)

Guest Guest
What good is that going to do? Just catching bad drivers for a few days doesn't change anything.

I have my own method for dealing with tailgaters: pull to the right or left, hit the breaks, then start chasing them into a panic. That teaches them better than anything. :)

You're so tough your car has Internet muscles.

Wow.

I have observed that same scenario awhile back, with the cop on a ladder and the fleet of chase cars. I wondered what irony there is in Bingo since our crime rate is so low. Granted, the dollars created with the fines might offset the shortages in the collection of water bills.

At least the "criminals' speeding are easier to deal with than the drug dealers, DELETED, gang members and ex-cons roaming Main Street at any time of day.

@

Guest Married to a Cop
Considering the number of accidents that happen on that stretch of highway and that it does run through the city it makes good sense to slow your DELETED down up there.

The grants for funding these type of traffic safety programs come from State and Federal programs.

You want to complain, then do so. It won't stop you from getting a ticket the next time you decide the road only belongs to you. Other peoples safety is why the police up there doing these kinds of things and putting their lives at jeopardy.

Oh and as far as them going and catching some real criminals. There's laws against speeding, aggressive driving, not talking on your cell phone while driving. If you are stopped and given a ticket must be YOU are the real criminal at that point. DUH!

Enough Said!

Considering the number of accidents that happen on that stretch of highway and that it does run through the city it makes good sense to slow your DELETED down up there.

The grants for funding these type of traffic safety programs come from State and Federal programs.

You want to complain, then do so. It won't stop you from getting a ticket the next time you decide the road only belongs to you. Other peoples safety is why the police up there doing these kinds of things and putting their lives at jeopardy.

Oh and as far as them going and catching some real criminals. There's laws against speeding, aggressive driving, not talking on your cell phone while driving. If you are stopped and given a ticket must be YOU are the real criminal at that point. DUH!

Enough Said!

Forget the accidents. Traffic moves much faster than the speed limit through that area. Myself, I'm holding up traffic at 65, 10 over the limit. I drove through there while this was going on at 65, being passed left and right. Right up until cars were getting stopped.

@

Archived