Sheriff Harder

Guest Guest

This poor judgment is an indication of probable past poor judgment regarding his use of his own discretion in the use of taxpayer dollars. It begs the question...How many other instances have there been?

@

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This poor judgment is an indication of probable past poor judgment regarding his use of his own discretion in the use of taxpayer dollars. It begs the question...How many other instances have there been?

@

Apparently NONE.

Received a Re-Elect Sheriff Harder flyer in the mail yesturday. In it, it says "Saved county taxpayers thousands of dollars by securing grants from a variety of funding sources." Since when does using money from a variety of funding sources like Inmate Commissary Funds and Inmate Telephone Profits fall under "Grants"?? And which Inmate Account did the money come from to pay for these re-election flyers???

Received a Re-Elect Sheriff Harder flyer in the mail yesturday. In it, it says "Saved county taxpayers thousands of dollars by securing grants from a variety of funding sources." Since when does using money from a variety of funding sources like Inmate Commissary Funds and Inmate Telephone Profits fall under "Grants"?? And which Inmate Account did the money come from to pay for these re-election flyers???

Oh. You again.

NO ONE STOLE YOUR COMMISARY FUNDS!!

Now get back in your cell!

Oh. You again.

NO ONE STOLE YOUR COMMISARY FUNDS!!

Now get back in your cell!

Oh yea?? Other than the chairs, what about the Sheriff umbrellas, Sheriff blankets, Sheriff coins, Sheriff first aid kits that were also given out with Sheriff Harder embossed emblems as the one that is on the chairs for the past christmas's for presents?? Now shut it, it's not lock in time yet!!!

Oh yea?? Other than the chairs, what about the Sheriff umbrellas, Sheriff blankets, Sheriff coins, Sheriff first aid kits that were also given out with Sheriff Harder embossed emblems as the one that is on the chairs for the past christmas's for presents?? Now shut it, it's not lock in time yet!!!

Ok moron. A huge audit has been done, and there have been NO OTHER ISSUES.

STOP MAKING THINGS UP!! IT'S NOT HIS FAULT YOU'RE IN JAIL!!

Ok moron. A huge audit has been done, and there have been NO OTHER ISSUES.

STOP MAKING THINGS UP!! IT'S NOT HIS FAULT YOU'RE IN JAIL!!

The sad thing is there is alot more people in jail on less crimes than what Harder has committed!

It is just time for a change. Sheriff Harder please leave gracefully and not under a indictment.

You people are really slow.

Try to keep up here:

HE DID NOTHING ILLEGAL. THE AUDITS HAVE BEEN DONE. NOTHING WAS FOUND. STOP MAKING STUPID, IGNORANT STATEMENTS SUCH AS THE ONE ABOVE.

You people are really slow.

Try to keep up here:

HE DID NOTHING ILLEGAL. THE AUDITS HAVE BEEN DONE. NOTHING WAS FOUND. STOP MAKING STUPID, IGNORANT STATEMENTS SUCH AS THE ONE ABOVE.

Calm down Chuckie

Source pressconnects.com

Harder came in for some criticism from the other two candidates for purchasing camp chairs, emblazoned with his name, as Christmas gifts last year. The question was put to Harder from a member of the audience during the debate at BCC's Student Center.

Harder used $5,712 in drug forfeiture money to purchase 350 folding camp chairs to give his staff as Christmas gifts last year, records show. Harder has since said he made a mistake and that he paid the money back.

He and O'Neill disputed O'Neill's role in the purchase of the chairs. O'Neill said Thursday he'd advised Harder against using the drug fund money for gifts. O'Neill said he received two of the chairs afterward, but stored them in a closet in his office.

Harder disputed O'Neill's story about the chairs. "It didn't happen the way you've described," Harder said. "I don't want to say any more."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Made a "Mistake"

How stupid can you be to say you saved county taxpayers thousands of dollars by securing grants?! Grant money IS county taxpayers money only it collected by another out of control level of government. Incumbents really need to go, the are clueless.

I HOPE TIM ROBERTS WINS. EVERY PERSON I TALK TO THAT WORKS AT SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT WHEN I ASK WHO DO YOU SUPPORT FOR SHERIFF I HEAR THE FOLLOWING. "AT LEAST YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GOT WITH HARDER." THIS DELETED ME OFF! AS A TAXPAYER I KNOW WHAT I GOT, I ALMOST GOT RIPPED OFF BY HARDER AND HIS CHAIRS." I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR A DEMOCRAT AGAIN! ESPECIALLY, ANYONE FIALA ADVOCATES FOR. SO O'NEIL IS NOT AN OPTION. ONEIL STATES IN PRESS RELEASES THAT HE HAS A BETTER RELATIONSHIP WITH FIALA. SINCE FIALA HAS PROVEN HERSELF INCOMPOTENT WITH THE BUDGET AND APPEARS TO BE A POLTICAL THUG I COULD ONLY IMAGINE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN AT THE SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT. I RECALL FIALA TRIED TO SUE THE LEGISLATURE BECAUSE THEY GAVE HER A HARD TIME WITH HER LAST BUDGET! WHEN I ASK THOSE SAME EMPLOYEES WHY THEY DO NOT SUPPORT ROBERTS THEY ARE INTIMIDATED BY AN OUTSIDER! I THOUGHT FOR SURE THEY WOULD SAY SOMETHING ELESE! I AM VOTING FOR ROBERTS! IT'S MY TAX DOLLARS! I COULD CARE LESS IF THE MAN SWEARS ALOT. I MAY NOT VOTE FOR THE WINNER BUT AT LEAST I VOTED RIGHT! YOU DON'T PICK YOUR BOSS IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR!

Guest afriend?

EVERY PERSON I TALK TO THAT WORKS AT SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT WHEN I ASK WHO DO YOU SUPPORT FOR SHERIFF I HEAR THE FOLLOWING. "AT LEAST YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GOT WITH HARDER." THIS PISSES ME OFF!

Any employee who says "at least you know what you got with Harder" is one of his boys or girls. He never gives them any grief. Everyone else knows who they are because that is what they always say.

I like his new ad. "He just happened to be in the right place at the right time and saved my life".

Now if it was a ex-con that did that heroic deed would we be hearing about it?? ""Vote for me, I saved a life""!!

And this quote shows Fiala is just as blind..."Fiala said she approved Harder's request to spend the money from the forfeiture fund without knowing it would be used to pay for Christmas presents for his staff."....Two peas in a pod if you ask me, the blind leading the blind....Also how the hell is that Harder can get a pension of over $50000.00 a year from the sheriff's department and still work for the sheriff's depart and collect another almost 80 grand a year...That's BS...That's the kind of thing that's breaking the taxpayers back...If you're collecting a public pension then you shouldn't be able to hold a public job, talk about some serious double dipping!!!!!..............

The new undersheriff is doing the same thing, so is the police chief in vestal

The new undersheriff is doing the same thing, so is the police chief in vestal

How about this one. The Binghamton/Johnson City chief got nearly a $30,000.00 raise and works the same amount of hours. Then they claim they're saving money. Ha Ha Ha

I'D ELECT TIM ROBERTS HE'S NOT A GOOD OLD BOY. HAS ANYONE REALIZED SINCE DAVE HARDER TOOK OFFICE WHAT THE INCREASE IN CIVIL FEES HAS BEEN? HAS ANYBODY TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT WHAT AN EVICTION NOW COSTS THROUGH DAVE HARDER, OR HOW MUCH IT IS TO HAVE ITEMS CONFISCATED AND SOLD BY THE SHERIFF AT AUCTION? DAVE HARDER USES HIS OFFICE THE SAME WAY AS A TAXING AUTHORITY THE SERVICE IS NOT ANY BETTER OR CONCLUSIVE.

I'D ELECT TIM ROBERTS HE'S NOT A GOOD OLD BOY. HAS ANYONE REALIZED SINCE DAVE HARDER TOOK OFFICE WHAT THE INCREASE IN CIVIL FEES HAS BEEN? HAS ANYBODY TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT WHAT AN EVICTION NOW COSTS THROUGH DAVE HARDER, OR HOW MUCH IT IS TO HAVE ITEMS CONFISCATED AND SOLD BY THE SHERIFF AT AUCTION? DAVE HARDER USES HIS OFFICE THE SAME WAY AS A TAXING AUTHORITY THE SERVICE IS NOT ANY BETTER OR CONCLUSIVE.

YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT FEES BUT WANT TO ELECT ROBERTS. I GUESS YOU DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HIM. HE SAID IF ELECTED HE WILL STOP HOUSING IN INMATES FROM OTHER COUNTIES. BROOME COUNTY MAKES MILLIONS DOING THIS. WHERE DO YOU THINK THAT MONEY WILL COME FROM THEN. US TAXPAYERS. BUT WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A GUY WHO CAN BARELY READ?

There's probably lots of stuff only known to his underlings about Harder

that will never be spoken but to run your entire re-election on one incident

of being at the right place at the right time to save a life.

There's probably lots of stuff only known to his underlings about Harder

that will never be spoken but to run your entire re-election on one incident

of being at the right place at the right time to save a life.

It is better than running on "I was the first guy hired by affirmative action". At least Harder and Oneil were promoted during their careers. Roberts is a bottom feeder who's only chance to get a law enforcement job is to get voted in because he can't pass the civil service test.

@

Archived