Sheriff Harder

Guest Guest

Your rhetoric is painfully recognizable and your unhealthy obsession appears to be nearing a dangerous level. Let's hope for everyone's sake that when it finally comes to a head it only manifests itself in the form of a scathing internet published "book" once again. Anyone familiar with you knows that you were a bully when you worked there. At least until the regime around you collapsed. You didn't mind being the Sheriffs "you know what" along with the other henchmen. The others have moved on, why can't you? Have you thought about getting into real estate? It was ok while you were on the winning side but now that the tables are turned you cry foul. Why don't you just let it go?

Seems so harderesk.

To be stuck in the past that is.

You have much work to do my friend if you believe yourself. Couldn't help but notice you have no defense for his behavior. There are many notes and witnesses...

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not my job to defend his behavior. How do you defend your behavior?

Did you know a serial bully also:

is quick to belittle, undermine, denigrate and discredit anyone who calls, attempts to call, or might call the bully to account

Did you know a serial bully also:

is quick to belittle, undermine, denigrate and discredit anyone who calls, attempts to call, or might call the bully to account

What???????????????????

Responsibility

The serial bully appears to lack insight into his or her behaviour and seems to be oblivious to the crassness and inappropriateness thereof; however, it is more likely that the bully knows what they are doing but elects to switch off the moral and ethical considerations by which normal people are bound. If the bully knows what they are doing, they are responsible for their behaviour and thus liable for its consequences to other people.

If the bully doesn't know what they are doing, they should be suspended from duty (voted out of office) on the grounds of diminished responsibility and the provisions of the Mental Health Act should apply.

Seems so harderesk.

To be stuck in the past that is.

You have much work to do my friend if you believe yourself. Couldn't help but notice you have no defense for his behavior. There are many notes and witnesses...

What a loser!

"Harderesk"??

"Notes and witnesses"??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Go back to grade school and come back when you can put together a coherent thought!

What a loser!

"Harderesk"??

"Notes and witnesses"??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Go back to grade school and come back when you can put together a coherent thought!

Whoa. There you go again, talking to yourself.

I think it is time for review on one of the most noticeable traits of Mr. Serial Bully:

has a Jekyll and Hyde nature - is vile, vicious and vindictive in private, but innocent and charming in front of witnesses; no-one can (or wants to) believe this individual has a vindictive nature - only the current target(s) of the serial bully's aggression sees both sides; whilst the Jekyll side is described as "charming" and convincing enough to deceive personnel, management and a tribunal, the Hyde side is frequently described as "evil"; Hyde is the real person, Jekyll is an act

There are a few benefits of the victim mentality:

Attention and validation. You can always get good feelings from other people as they are concerned about you and try to help you out. On the other hand, it may not last for that long as people get tired of it.

You don’t have to take risks. When you feel like a victim you tend to not take action and then you don’t have to risk for example rejection or failure.

Don’t have to take the sometimes heavy responsibility. Taking responsibility for you own life can be hard work, you have to make difficult decisions and it is just heavy sometimes. In the short term it can feel like the easier choice to not take personal responsibility.

It makes you feel right. When you feel like the victim and like everyone else – or just someone else – is wrong and you are right then that can lead to pleasurable feelings.

There are a few benefits of the victim mentality:

Attention and validation. You can always get good feelings from other people as they are concerned about you and try to help you out. On the other hand, it may not last for that long as people get tired of it.

You don’t have to take risks. When you feel like a victim you tend to not take action and then you don’t have to risk for example rejection or failure.

Don’t have to take the sometimes heavy responsibility. Taking responsibility for you own life can be hard work, you have to make difficult decisions and it is just heavy sometimes. In the short term it can feel like the easier choice to not take personal responsibility.

It makes you feel right. When you feel like the victim and like everyone else – or just someone else – is wrong and you are right then that can lead to pleasurable feelings.

It is late on a Friday night...

I think this poster is drunk.

Could be wrong but he makes no sense at all to me :).

It's not my job to defend his behavior. How do you defend your behavior?

I agree we cannot say what he did was right or wrong. I am sure that it has been looked into and will not make that mistake again!

I agree we cannot say what he did was right or wrong. I am sure that it has been looked into and will not make that mistake again!

It was wrong for a police officer to steal.

nobody from either side disputes the money was to be allocated for drug prevention only. it was seized money. that means it is specific in nature as to what it can be spent on, ACCORDING TO BROOME COUNTY POLICY. IT IS NOBODY'S SLUSH FUND. you would think the top law enforcement in the county would know this. i'm sure he did. he just thinks he can do whatever he wants. so the money goes to buy gifts for his friends. huh?????????????????????????

how can anybody be confused about this??? he should have been terminated immediatley. imagine if another department head did what he did and was exposed. they would have been canned the next day. how is this subject even controversial?? it's cut and dry. the amount of money has no bearing. it's what he did. my god, a 3rd grader could figure this out.

nobody from either side disputes the money was to be allocated for drug prevention only. it was seized money. that means it is specific in nature as to what it can be spent on, ACCORDING TO BROOME COUNTY POLICY. IT IS NOBODY'S SLUSH FUND. you would think the top law enforcement in the county would know this. i'm sure he did. he just thinks he can do whatever he wants. so the money goes to buy gifts for his friends. huh?????????????????????????

how can anybody be confused about this??? he should have been terminated immediatley. imagine if another department head did what he did and was exposed. they would have been canned the next day. how is this subject even controversial?? it's cut and dry. the amount of money has no bearing. it's what he did. my god, a 3rd grader could figure this out.

Well said. But don't you know that common offenses of a serial bully include but are not limited to:

# dereliction of duty

# misappropriation of budgets

# financial irregularities and fiddling the books

This clearly illustrates to taxpaying voters what they have mistakenly voted for and now have to rid themselves of...

The serial bully has done this before{missing evidence money}, is doing it now{drug money misappropriation}- and will do it again{your guess is as good as mine}.

misappropriation n. the intentional, illegal use of the property or funds of another person for one's own use or other unauthorized purpose, particularly by a public official.

All you had to do is list it as "equipment" and you would have gotten away with it. Isn't that what you said Dave?

Anyone who knows the Sheriff knows he is an honorabe, good man.

Uh, no. That is what he fooled you into believing.

The TRUTH:

he is a convincing, practised liar and when called to account, will make up anything spontaneously to fit his needs at that moment

is self-opinionated and displays arrogance, audacity, a superior sense of entitlement and sense of invulnerability and untouchability

is a control freak and has a compulsive need to control everyone

undermines and destroys anyone he perceives to be an adversary, a potential threat, or who can see through his mask

gains gratification from denying people what they are entitled to

And my favorite...

is often a committeeaholic or apparent workaholic {such a phony}

TAXPAYERS, rid yourself of this cancer.

is likely to protect anyone accused of or suspected of sexual abuse or pedophile activity, and will frustrate or obstruct investigations into that person...

What was that sergeants name who was allowed to sit the front desk then take sick time to get to his 20? Is it true a campaign donation was excepted from him?

Source YNN.com

Key points:

Playing Santa Claus has landed Broome County's sheriff on the naughty list. David Harder admits he gave out thousands of dollars worth of Christmas presents to staff using money from a narcotics trust fund. The County Executive's office says that fund should never have been touched.

BROOME COUNTY, N.Y. -- Sheriff David Harder is taking a mea culpa, admitting he was wrong after he spent nearly $6,000 from a seized narcotics trust fund.

The nearly $60,000 public fund is bankrolled by money seized from drug convictions. Typically spent on training or equipment, Harder purchased 350 camping-style chairs, emblazoned with his name and the sheriff department's logo, as Christmas gifts.

The fund is federally regulated, a result of joint anti-drug efforts between local law enforcement and federal agencies, and the county attorney's reading of associated guidelines says the sheriff was out of bounds.

"All the federal regulations can be summarized as basically allowing the funds for law enforcement purposes. This was not law enforcement purposes," said the county attorney Joe Sluzar.

Fiala, a democrat, says the sheriff has shown his arrogance and while she won't out rightly call for his resignation, she believes his actions are a spoiling of the public trust.

"I think he think it's his own personal piggybank or own personal funds to be used as he wants," Fiala said.

Fiala has promised a closer review of the Sheriff's budget and spending.

Harder, a republican, has been the Broome County Sheriff for 12 years and is up for re-election in November. He faces a potential challenge from three democrats, some of whom have denounced Harder's actions, saying the money would have been better used on anti-crime works or education.

Federal guidelines call for a range of penalties for misuse of the trust fund. These include loss of access to the fund as well as criminal and civil penalties.

It's unclear what, if any, penalties Harder will face.

Archived