Is It Campimg Season Yet???

Billy the Kid

We love to go camping. Haven't been able to go for the last couple of years, though. Looking forward to going this summer. Can't wait. Only have a tent and have been camping lots of places - Like near Lake George for about 11 days once, up in Maine near Acadia Park - beautiful, near Grand Canyon, PA., Cooperstown, NY, and used to go to Echo Lake in Afton until it went down hill with druggers and lowlife. I have to have a shower and bathrooms though, not into squatting in the woods. We have been rained on, even snowflakes before, and wicked heat. It toughens you up a little and was good experience for our daughter. Having a campfire at night is like one of the best things there is. Another good place to go is Herkimer and there is crystal mines there where you can dig for crystals and smash the rocks and get the crystals out. Lot of fun.

Hey BTK thank you. I clicked on this thread lastnight and the phone rang, while I was on the phone Alex read it, now its "When are we going, where is my fishing pole, are we going this week end, I dont want to go to moms arent we going camping. Dad dont you think you should be getting the camper ready......Thanks bud :rolleyes:

I have a class "A" motorhome, a 34 foot Fleetwood, Pace Arrow and we travel all over New York. Some of the best places are Lake George, Sylvan Beach, and Taughannock Falls. I was a member of a Winnebago club and we met once a year at different camp grounds in Pennsylvania and Ohio. I enjoy New York campgrounds the most.

Hey BTK thank you. I clicked on this thread lastnight and the phone rang, while I was on the phone Alex read it, now its "When are we going, where is my fishing pole, are we going this week end, I dont want to go to moms arent we going camping. Dad dont you think you should be getting the camper ready......Thanks bud :rolleyes:

I feel your pain! :lol:

When my guys were little we planned a trip to DisneyWorld. My husband couldn't wait to tell them, I said PLEASE WAIT!!

We didn't, guess what I heard non-stop for 2 straight months???

You'd better just take him this weekend.

:lol: We live far enough out that all we have to do is walk down the hill in our backyard to the woods to go camping!!! :lol: I do miss living by the river though, because there I only had to walk out my front door and go about 100 yards to the dock to go fishing. Unfortunately, after the second flood, it was time to get out of there.

I feel your pain! :lol:

When my guys were little we planned a trip to DisneyWorld. My husband couldn't wait to tell them, I said PLEASE WAIT!!

We didn't, guess what I heard non-stop for 2 straight months???

You'd better just take him this weekend.

That something your not supposed to tell them till your in the parking lot. :lol:

I love camping - all summer. We have a huge tent with blow up mattresses and the works. Even a propane portable stove. When we're not at a park, the tent is set up in the back yard, thats just like a camp ground with fire pit and all. Last year we went to Grass Point at the 1000 islands, nice place. I prefer State parks because I too have a problem squating in the woods. Must be a female thing. The world is not our toliet like it is for men. We've been all over, from Maine to the South. thinking of heading west this year and also purchasing a RV, getting to old to get up off the ground. Love it, Love it, Love it. Actually, I'm kind of set on seeing the Grand Canyon this year. Kids will love it. I love the State of Tenessee its just totally beautiful. Gaitlensburg is my favorite.

@

Guest Guest

I love the Adirondacks, but will only go up in the very early spring or early fall when the weather is tolerable but most importantly to avoid the crowds.

@

Grand Gorge and Long Pond. A friend of ours has a cabin in Grand Gorge. The only thing the cabin has is an out house. Love it. Take the tent to Long Pond. I like to go to the one site across the road from the pond though. It's alot bigger and more private.

Grand Gorge and Long Pond. A friend of ours has a cabin in Grand Gorge. The only thing the cabin has is an out house. Love it. Take the tent to Long Pond. I like to go to the one site across the road from the pond though. It's alot bigger and more private.
the last couple of times we were @ long pond i was dissappointed in the condition of the campsites. alot of garbage all around, and the people camping there seemed pretty crude. still all in all it's a beatiful spot. we like to paddle across the pond and camp. coupla nice sites over there. you remember upper lisle campground?

the last couple of times we were @ long pond i was dissappointed in the condition of the campsites. alot of garbage all around, and the people camping there seemed pretty crude. still all in all it's a beatiful spot. we like to paddle across the pond and camp. coupla nice sites over there. you remember upper lisle campground?

That is one of the reason's why I like the spot across the road. Just the one site and no one bugs ya. Hard to get it though. You have to go up early on a friday and set up and not leave it. My sister-in-law was up there a couple of years ago and when we found out she was there- we packed up and left. I love her and everything, but she can be extremly stupid when it comes to manners. (out of 5 kids, she was the only one that turned out that way.)

I've never been to upper lesle campground but my husband probably has. He grew up in that area.

@

Guest Guest

The Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania is a beautiful place. There is plenty of camping in that area.

Sylvan Beach can be fun too if you're looking for someplace not to far away.

The Adirondacks are always beautiful and the Catskills.

@

Archived