Is It Campimg Season Yet???

Billy the Kid

My bf and I bought a camper a couple of years back. A nice one with a bathroom(I dont do that squating in the woods stuff), heat and A/C, TV, DVD, ect.. That is my idea of ruffing it! Anyways, we went camping ONE time at STATE PARK! Woo Hoo - a whole 20 minutes from my house!!! It was fun, but we never used it again. Just wasnt into it I guess. We sold it after a year and a half and we only used it that ONE time!

Am I jonesing or is it getting close? Where or do you people go camping?
Actually it's always camping season for real men, what's a little snow when you have a chance to be in the reat outdoors? I like to camp at Long Pond, Balsam swamp(I think that's what it's called) and Rec park, well I don't really camp at rec park but I've been known to pass out there.

My bf and I bought a camper a couple of years back. A nice one with a bathroom(I dont do that squating in the woods stuff), heat and A/C, TV, DVD, ect.. That is my idea of ruffing it! Anyways, we went camping ONE time at STATE PARK! Woo Hoo - a whole 20 minutes from my house!!! It was fun, but we never used it again. Just wasnt into it I guess. We sold it after a year and a half and we only used it that ONE time!

That is a shame! You do have to use them to make them worth having! I camp just about every weekend during the summer!

Actually it's always camping season for real men, what's a little snow when you have a chance to be in the reat outdoors? I like to camp at Long Pond, Balsam swamp(I think that's what it's called) and Rec park, well I don't really camp at rec park but I've been known to pass out there.

You got my vote, cold, snow, whatever doesn't bother me! I love the winter as much as the summer! But camping in the summer for me means golfing and I miss golfing!

Actually it's always camping season for real men, what's a little snow when you have a chance to be in the reat outdoors?

Hey! I used to camp year-round. I have my Year-Round Camper Badge to prove it! :lol:

Billy, you guys don't have the appropriate emoticon for me to use on you!

Guest Just Lookin

Camping........I call it Cramping! Closest I'll get to "roughing it" is a Howard Johnson's!

Too much a "girlie girl" I guess. Go ahead and start yelling at me now.

I've been tent camping a lot in the Adirondacks and Hubby and I bought a pop-up but never went further than State Park. That was far enough for peace and serenity. I sold it after he died and haven't been camping much since.

I did that once, HGL...had a ball!!!

Too much a "girlie girl" I guess. Go ahead and start yelling at me now.

I'm not real girly girl, but if I go camping I've got to have a shower or at least a nice lake ;)

I mean, come on, there's roughing it and there's eeeeeewwwwww!

My friends and I went down by Ocean City MD. A place where they have the horses and what not. We had tents. It was an experience, I'm not much of a camper as I like amenities. It was cool though to have wild horses just walk by your site, deer too. They like to try to get into our food. Walking in the dark to the outhouses with the horses and deer was a different story, couple of times I got startled so badly by wildlife that I almost didn't make it to the port-o-lav, if you get my drift. We took some yard games and lots of cook out food. Was fun for a weekend, but next time might visit during the day and sleep comfy in a bed at a hotel! If you like camping I would say its a must do, at least once. Was cheap too. Could walk to the beach. I'll try to remember where it was exactly that we went

@

Guest Reddi Killowatt

I haven't been camping in years. Heck, I don't even have a tent to put up! (Hmmm...I wonder if BTK will lemme rent a camper this summer???) :lol:

I used to camp a lot when my kid was younger. We started out with a Scamper Pop-Up, the a self contained Wilderness and finally a Yellowstone(Like taking your house with you). Been camping up and down the East coast. Liked Arcadia National Park in Maine and Assitique(sp) Island in Maryland the best. Worst place was a camp ground in Virginia Beach. I do miss it.

Archived