nothing on t.v. today

Guest jj w

there is absolutly nothing on t.v today!! i think I'll go read a book or work on my screenplay. what is everyone else doing today? I'll check back in a few hours to see what everyone is doing.

I'm getting old and don't catch everything...What does your log on mean???

It probably has something to do with his ICON which is a Lincoln Limo.... just guessing though.

I installed a cast iron pot belly stove in my workshop. Then I split a facecord of wood and put it in the rack I made last weekend. So far it is up to 61 degrees in there. It can also burn coal. I have to pick up a couple bags this week.

Now I can finish the Adarondak chairs I was making to take down by the river.

Guest zippy the pinhead
I installed a cast iron pot belly stove in my workshop. Then I split a facecord of wood and put it in the rack I made last weekend. So far it is up to 61 degrees in there. It can also burn coal. I have to pick up a couple bags this week.

wow

making us lazy butts look bad

I love heating with wood. Its better than the $900 tank of heating oil. They told me $900, I told them to hell with that Ill burn furnature first.

Not really. My wife went nuts over a set of chairs last year at a woodcraft shop. I was not too crazy about the price of $190 / CHAIR. The table was another $120. I said no and the guy there said how can you put a price on quality? I said, I dont know but you did. I said I could make the same thing. He laughed and I took that as a challange. So I have been working on this for about 2 months now ( quit laughing, I am saving money dammit! ). As of lately I have been working out there a lot less because of the cold. Last week the wife asked how the project was going and I said good. She asked if she was going to be sitting in them this year by the river and I said sure. She said she KNEW she would be sitting in the ones from the woodcraft shop if we bought those. AGAIN, the gauntlet was tossed before me! So I went to tractor supply and they have their woodstoves on clearance. So I got me a nice little stove that works pretty good for a coffee maker too.

So, to put it in perspective: 2 chairs and table at woodcraft shop - $500

For me to do it: Materials - $200

Stove - $113

Stainless steel through the wall piping - $80

Protective backboard - $50

Chimney piping - $200

Firewood - $30

tin coffee maker for stove - $12

Total = $685

Where was I?.......Oh yeah, So I am saving mon..e...y?

Ya know what? Screw it! It is a matter of pride. Thats it, the guy at the shop and my wife just dont think I can do it. Well up theirs, I am gonna finish them if it kills me.

I look at it like this. A tank of fuel $940 lasts 6 weeks, Ive got a pretty big place, A face cord of wood costs $60 and lasts a week and a half and heats alot warmer. Love the smell too. And I dont burn my furnature. It was just the nicest way for me to tell the fuel place to DELETED.

Archived