When does walleye season start ?

Guest Frank

Does anyone know when the river is no longer off limits for fishermen. I'm dying here. Tried to find out on line but nothing

I could be wrong by telling you the second Saturday in May . I think that's when it opens . Better yet , call Dick's Sporting Goods and the fishing department can tell you .

I could be wrong by telling you the second Saturday in May . I think that's when it opens . Better yet , call Dick's Sporting Goods and the fishing department can tell you .

My FIL and I were talking about it just today. So, I called Gander Mountain and spoke with someone in the fishing department. They told me the first Saturday in May. I believe it is May 3rd.

TWS

Guest Guest

The season for walleye, northern pike, pickerel and tiger muskellunge, along with a special early season for Lake Erie black (smallmouth) bass, has been open since Saturday, May 7, 2005. "While New York State may be well known for fantastic trout and bass fishing, anglers can also find outstanding walleye, pike and pickerel fishing," remarked DEC Acting Commissioner Denise M. Sheehan. "Good fishing opportunities for one or more of these popular species can be found in waters across New York."

http://www.dec.ny.gov/environmentdec/19089.html

Good Luck :)

Guest Guest
No, just for snipe!

That's right. And the season is very short. It starts May 15th at 6 AM and ends the same day at 6 PM. They taste great, though.

Guest Guest-Misanthrope-*
I have a question ?

do you have to have a license to fish for catfish? night fishing? ..

@

Depends on where you fish and your age. You can fish on private property(with owner permission) or on public property if you're under the age of 16 without needing a license. Has nothing to do with species of fish or day/night.

@

Archived