Windsor high school

Guest The Guest

No she got kicked off from cheer, but still gets her whole softball season.

why is it all out her one kid of too many. it is sad to blame one for the sins of many. just because those other kids never got caught doesnt mean that they never did this before they have just been lucky in the past sooner or later it catches up with anyone.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, Durdon is scared of the softball coach and parents and isn't going to do anything to set them off. But that is just a small part of this. Windsor is a pretty unsophisticated place, and the reason problems like this continue to happen is because of the woodchuck parents who won't parent. They won't hold them accountable for their actions, and the kids know it. The prevailing thought amongst parents is that underage drinking is ok, just a rite of passage that should be ignored, as if it will go away. Most athletes in Windsor drink and party, and most parents are ok with it. They don't want the school holding kids to the rules because then they might have to do something as a parent, and that's the last thing they want to do. they'd rather be buddies with their teenagers- they'd rather be the cool parent s.o their kids will like them.

some one in Windsor needs to make things clear. losers drink.

you can either drink and party, or you can participate in school sports. not both, sorry

Zero tolerance for illlegal drug and alcohol use. first offense- one year suspension.

the parents aren't going to do it, the coaches aren't, and obviously chickens*t Durdon ain't. It's probably going to have to come from the kids.

good luck with that

From what I hear there was six thirties at the party and there were twenty kids.only two of them are getting in trouble for confessing so that tells me that two kids drank two thirties all to themselves in one night....does that make any since to you?

if my HS kid was at a beer party the last thing he/she would be worried about would be whether or not they could participate in a silly little HS sport. he'd be lucky to leave the house again

where the hell are windsor parents prioirities?

Guest on the hill

My favorite part of this post is that if you have a name you don't get in trouble? That's a bunch of BS. If you are drinking at a party, and it's proved, you pay the price. It's tougher in Windsor now than it has ever been. I dare somebody to find schools that actually have a tougher policy that live up to it the way they do! You also have people coming on here accusing kids of drinking, unless you were there, how do you know? You can't just suspend a kid without proof. The term "everybody was drinking" doesn't hold water when you are looking for proof. What if your kid was suspended without proof? You'd be OK with that? I'm sure.

You sound like one of the Windsor Coaches !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From what I hear there was six thirties at the party and there were twenty kids.only two of them are getting in trouble for confessing so that tells me that two kids drank two thirties all to themselves in one night....does that make any since to you?

not me! that would be three thirties in one night. come on who would believe that? besides we all know that kids do what kids have done for years. it is not right by no means and the rules have been made for a reason. the rules were broken by all not just two i feel sorry for the two. and i feel sorry for the girl that everyone is finding fault with. the party wasnt at her home. all the people involved need to be held accountable not just a few. what is up with the school and all the parents that know what their kids did and only want to blame someone else. really!!!!!

the rules were broken by all not just two i feel sorry for the two. and i feel sorry for the girl that everyone is finding fault with.

well idk how you can feel sorry for the ONE because the so called "athelete" has been in trouble with the drug and alcohol policy many times and her coach bails her out EVERYTIME with little or no punishment.

True, Durdon is scared of the softball coach and parents and isn't going to do anything to set them off. But that is just a small part of this. Windsor is a pretty unsophisticated place, and the reason problems like this continue to happen is because of the woodchuck parents who won't parent. They won't hold them accountable for their actions, and the kids know it. The prevailing thought amongst parents is that underage drinking is ok, just a rite of passage that should be ignored, as if it will go away. Most athletes in Windsor drink and party, and most parents are ok with it. They don't want the school holding kids to the rules because then they might have to do something as a parent, and that's the last thing they want to do. they'd rather be buddies with their teenagers- they'd rather be the cool parent s.o their kids will like them.

some one in Windsor needs to make things clear. losers drink.

you can either drink and party, or you can participate in school sports. not both, sorry

Zero tolerance for illlegal drug and alcohol use. first offense- one year suspension.

the parents aren't going to do it, the coaches aren't, and obviously chickens*t Durdon ain't. It's probably going to have to come from the kids.

good luck with that

Do you really think the ad in Windsor is scared of their softball coach and parents? If you do you have to be one of their parents thinking that you run the show. I've seen Windsor play softball against my school for many years and I think their parents are out of control I do however think people are looking at this all the wrong way. You go on about Windsor parents, blah, blah, blah. Wake up will you, it has nothing to do with Windsor. It has to do with today's kids. Windsor is actually doing something about the underage drinkers. That's a ton more than other schools in the area because if you think there are no other kids drinking while playing sports from other schools you ain't very smart.

I also don't agree with you calling their ad a chicken shit. I think he's suspended more kids in his era than the previous two did in their whole careers. And the one guy was there about 30 years. Get off your high horse and look into the schools that do nothing about the problem.

One more thing, you also stated what is wrong with society today and put Windsor in place of society! For example, you say parents in Windsor think it's OK for their kids to drink. That's society as a whole, not Windsor. If I'm not mistaken Windsor only gives you one chance by taking away 1/2 of your season or something like that. From there on out you are done for any season you are in. If that's correct that policy is much more strict than the school my kids attend. I also don't agree with you about coaches not trying to deter kids from drinking and I don't agree with you about kids detering kids from drinking. If you hang out with the right kids you have less of a chance of getting caught up in the bad crowd. So basically your post is just a bunch of hot air.

the rules were broken by all not just two i feel sorry for the two. and i feel sorry for the girl that everyone is finding fault with.

well idk how you can feel sorry for the ONE because the so called "athelete" has been in trouble with the drug and alcohol policy many times and her coach bails her out EVERYTIME with little or no punishment.

That's called being misinformed.

That's called being misinformed.

i also call it misinformed and by the way noone knows about one kid more than another. how many times didnt these other kids get caught? it must be nice for you to look down and judge hopefully the next person who judges you will be kinder. this isnt about her it is about all the kids and what they did and how they are telling lies to cover themselves and their friends. i hope that you never have to count on someone else to judge you when everyone around you is telling lies.

EVERY SINGLE SCHOOL HAS THIS GOING ON....IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT....YOUR ARE NOT IN THE REAL WORLD. NOT THAT IT IS RIGHT, BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS.

Probably the most intelligent thing I've ever read on here. Another poster said something about Windsor doing something about it and not turning their backs on it. Good for them. Maybe other schools should follow their lead.

i also call it misinformed and by the way noone knows about one kid more than another. how many times didnt these other kids get caught? it must be nice for you to look down and judge hopefully the next person who judges you will be kinder. this isnt about her it is about all the kids and what they did and how they are telling lies to cover themselves and their friends. i hope that you never have to count on someone else to judge you when everyone around you is telling lies.

Are you drunk now? Having a hard time following your logic

Are you drunk now? Having a hard time following your logic

omg are you? my logic is plain and simple and maybe it needs to be explained to you or

maybe you are what you said i won't loose my dignity with your words. apparently you may know someone that is accused or is defending them i dont know. i am a person from the outside who has no stake in this. the only reason for my comment is that what is going on is wrong plain and simple. dont go bashing someone for not seeing your point of view. having a hard time following your logic too.

one more time

you either party and drink alcohol

OR

you play taxpayer funded HS sports

not both

grow some balls administrators and coaches

zero tolerance

one more time

OR

not both

zero tolerance

yea, zero tolerance for something you and everyother person did when they were a kid. i think the death penalty would be in order. alcohol consumption can be a medical issue, an emotional issue, or i just don't give a F issue. it should never be lumped together with sports. that is insane.

yea, zero tolerance for something you and everyother person did when they were a kid. i think the death penalty would be in order. alcohol consumption can be a medical issue, an emotional issue, or i just don't give a F issue. it should never be lumped together with sports. that is insane.

just because you had low self esteem or emotional issues doesn't mean every kid drinks. No one is advocating the death penalty Mr. Drama queen . Just appropriate consequences for breaking the law.

Alcohol shouldn't be lumped together with sports???

Easily the dumbest statement on this thread by far.

Not only illegal for underage kids, it has lasting physiological effects on the bodies of growing adolescents including the development of

certain areas of the brain, specifically those involved with memory and retention.

It also kills the effects of previous cardiovascular training.

1 night of being intoxicated can set an an athlete back up to 2 weeks of training.

Legitimate athletes know this.

Your enabling "everyone else is doing it" mentality is the disease many parents suffer from these days.

1 evolution in the art of parenting many wish didn't exist.

Yea, my parents wouldn't sit down and have a beer with me when I was 18. They weren't interested in buying my love with

a few gadgets and a 30 pack for me and my buddies (all things I asked for at that age). Looking at the way some kids are

exposed to alcohol these days at earlier than ever ages it is no wonder something like this doesn't happen more often.

If you are an athlete and find it necessary to drink and "act your age":

1. Do it in the offseason

2. Don't drive

You have your whole life to blow off steam like an adult.

Alcohol shouldn't be lumped together with sports???

Easily the dumbest statement on this thread by far.

Not only illegal for underage kids, it has lasting physiological effects on the bodies of growing adolescents including the development of

certain areas of the brain, specifically those involved with memory and retention.

It also kills the effects of previous cardiovascular training.

1 night of being intoxicated can set an an athlete back up to 2 weeks of training.

Legitimate athletes know this.

Your enabling "everyone else is doing it" mentality is the disease many parents suffer from these days.

1 evolution in the art of parenting many wish didn't exist.

Yea, my parents wouldn't sit down and have a beer with me when I was 18. They weren't interested in buying my love with

a few gadgets and a 30 pack for me and my buddies (all things I asked for at that age). Looking at the way some kids are

exposed to alcohol these days at earlier than ever ages it is no wonder something like this doesn't happen more often.

If you are an athlete and find it necessary to drink and "act your age":

1. Do it in the offseason

2. Don't drive

You have your whole life to blow off steam like an adult.

thanks for the alcohol education. never would have guessed any of that. you people are so Fing stupid, you can't understand one simple post. the booze or drug thing is more important than sports. who gives an F WHAT HAPPENS TO THEIR SPORTS IF THEY GET CAUGHT. THERE'S ANOTHER ISSUE TO BE DEALT WITH. don't use sports bans as tools to control behavior. DEAL WITH THE BEHAVIOR. yea, someone might have to be a parent and talk to their kid. the 2 things have nothing to do with eachother. try not to get confused. keep banning ,punishing and never talking emotionally about that subject. then see what you have in 2 yrs. you guys are great parents.

What does this mean?

one more time

OR

not both

zero tolerance

You obviously have never made a mistake in you life. Especially as a teenager! Get a life.

You obviously have never made a mistake in you life. Especially as a teenager! Get a life.

Made lots of mistakes. When I got caught my parents held me accountable. I then made fewer mistakes. I sure as help never drank alcohol because I knew what would happen

Rotate on this guy is right. We need to get these kids counselinf so they can talk about their feelings . That always works

i never said no punishment. just wondering why sports is tool. accountability, rules and i don't think talking to your kids and listening to them is a bad idea. it doesn't work because morons like you are too stupid to know how to do it. as for rotating on this guy, say hi to your wife for me.

i never said no punishment. just wondering why sports is tool. accountability, rules and i don't think talking to your kids and listening to them is a bad idea. it doesn't work because morons like you are too stupid to know how to do it. as for rotating on this guy, say hi to your wife for me.

Keep being friends with your kids and their feelings.

Keep promoting the never ending pursuit of self gratification for our youth.

This way, when they get out in the real world they continually learn that satisfying their own needs are

much more important than that of society, their marriage, or the kids they eventually spawn.

We wonder why the modern "adult" can't handle the maturity required to balance a marriage, a job, or a

role in our country.

Sports are a priviledge, period. Yes all are welcome to participate but promote the real things they are all about.

Athletes should be held to the highest standard possible.

Those that choose put one night of drunken idiocy above their involvement in sports are selfish and immature and should be

treated accordingly.

Where is the discipline?? What are we teaching kids if there are no consequences to this behavior??

If missing a few games gets it through their heads then that is what it takes.

Get caught with illegal substances in pro sports and you get suspended. If in that immoral and ridiculously loose standard of

athletics they can suspend people then we should certainly hold HS athletes to similar standards if not higher.

Stop enabling your kids and help them grow up to be productive.

Archived