Windsor high school

Guest The Guest

Turn her in then Dr. Spock.

She ain't special.

i aggree all kids are the same.guilty by association is so true it always has been all a kid has to do is be there and if you honestly think that, that many kids were there and watched the others you live in a dream world. no kid is perfect. i have seen those rules imposed. all the kid has to do is be there. they all knew darn well what was going on they knew that before they came there. it was their decision to go and now so many people want to blame one or a few. i have read that ..how can one kid learn anything after being caught multiple times and get away with it. the same holds true for these kids that got caught and are telling lies. does it make anyone feel better to defend them because they havent been caught before. yes caught before not one kid so innocent that they havent been there done that, not if they were there. give me a break. why doesnt everyone of them just own up and quit having eveyone fight their battles they know what they did and that it was wrong. so quit the poor me kids, own up be a responsible person. and by the way you can read the trainging rules over and over all the athletes know that going to an underage drinking party is not acceptable to those rules. so who ever you are defending its just plain and simple if they wanted to be part of sports at their school they should of just said no, i cant go to the party.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see by the grammar you so eloquently use, the fact that she has been disiplined already will leave you speechless.

What did ya do, take the cell phone away for 10 minutes??

Nice job Ivan the Terrible.

Guest Guest Parent

What did ya do, take the cell phone away for 10 minutes??

Nice job Ivan the Terrible.

Thank you for making my point simpleton, speechless or just idiotic drivel.

Thank you for making my point simpleton, speechless or just idiotic drivel.

my goodness is this about what the kids did wrong or about you calling names and having the chance to argue. grow up then maybe the kids will. wow

Unintelligent response. You lost this round. Recognize it and move on.

it's hard to see why kid's are screwed up. it's more important to follow an insane sports contract than talk to your kids about booze with no judgment. booze beats dumb parents every time. punishment, yes. i'd be more worried about my kid falling into self destructive behaviors that could harm their health. punishment is no match for substance use. i know, i'm insane.

Guest Guest Parent

it's hard to see why kid's are screwed up. it's more important to follow an insane sports contract than talk to your kids about booze with no judgment. booze beats dumb parents every time. punishment, yes. i'd be more worried about my kid falling into self destructive behaviors that could harm their health. punishment is no match for substance use. i know, i'm insane.

It's even harder to understand your point. When did I ever say I have not talked to my child about alcohol. No one has seemed to respond with any level of intellegence about the fact that the training rules do not deal with "Guilt by Association" as anyone should know that would be very difficult to police. I am sure some liberal parent would have the ACLU all over that. A rule is a rule and that is that but please don't make things up to suit your point of view. "The use or possession" is what is stated how did you jump to "Guilt by Association"??? If the use or possesion could be proved or was admitted the punishment is clear otherwise rewrite the rules to include your position or get ready for a lawsuit.

It's even harder to understand your point. When did I ever say I have not talked to my child about alcohol. No one has seemed to respond with any level of intellegence about the fact that the training rules do not deal with "Guilt by Association" as anyone should know that would be very difficult to police. I am sure some liberal parent would have the ACLU all over that. A rule is a rule and that is that but please don't make things up to suit your point of view. "The use or possession" is what is stated how did you jump to "Guilt by Association"??? If the use or possesion could be proved or was admitted the punishment is clear otherwise rewrite the rules to include your position or get ready for a lawsuit.

ok so face book pictures dont tell the story. give me a break. the kids knew they should not be there period. you can say all you want about how it is worded in the agreement they all knew and did not care. they went anyway not just the two being punished for telling the truth not just the "four time offender" all those kids. anyone can say anything they want but those kids know. it is plain and simple.

Now your response is not only unintelligent but also incoherent. Pack it in. The more you post the dumber you seem.

Guest bugsbunny

It is so ridiculous that the athletic director decided to make an example out of only a small number of students who have no previous offenses, and only kicking the 4 time offender off her cheerleading squad, which she couldn't care less about. Nice job. It's true that those students who were punshed broke the training rules, but it is completely absurd that they are the only ones punished. It is highly unlikely that 2 students sat in some basement and drank 3 30 racks by themselves in 2 hours while 20 other student athletes just stood against the wall and watched. If evidence it what is needed to punish those other kids, just bring the 4 time offender back in to testify again, everyone hates her now anyway!

i agree with your point. you aren't seeing mine. those types of contracts are stupid and counterproductive. drinking is a family issue. no school activities stop that issue. i'm saying everyone is getting caught up in this stupid contract when the drinking and the ramifications of drinking dwarf a contract doomed for failure.

Now your response is not only unintelligent but also incoherent. Pack it in. The more you post the dumber you seem.

funny how you haven't pointed out one thing that makes no sense. you are very vague and non specific. those are the signs of someone with nothing to contribute to the debate.

funny how you haven't pointed out one thing that makes no sense. you are very vague and non specific. those are the signs of someone with nothing to contribute to the debate.

Well........ let's start with your very first sentence. After that it's all downhill.

My kids are fine

more typical windsor parenting......deflect blame and enable their kids

when my kid gets caught drinking alcohol, come talk to me

Don't see it as her deflecting anything. Don't see it as enabling either. She was just making a point. It's a good point and if you don't believe it you're crazy to think that Windsor has a "problem" and that no other school does.

It is so ridiculous that the athletic director decided to make an example out of only a small number of students who have no previous offenses, and only kicking the 4 time offender off her cheerleading squad, which she couldn't care less about. Nice job. It's true that those students who were punshed broke the training rules, but it is completely absurd that they are the only ones punished. It is highly unlikely that 2 students sat in some basement and drank 3 30 racks by themselves in 2 hours while 20 other student athletes just stood against the wall and watched. If evidence it what is needed to punish those other kids, just bring the 4 time offender back in to testify again, everyone hates her now anyway!

I think you are way off with your make an example statement. If you were there and you were drinking and it was proven that you were drinking you pay the price. No examples here, just common sense. BTW, what's a 30 rack and how do you know what these kids had there? Oh, you read it on the BCVoice, I'm sorry...

one more time, with feeling

you either drink and party

OR

you play taxpayer funded school sports

not both

be a parent and enforce this

Easy to preach it hopefully you practice it as well.

Easy to preach it hopefully you practice it as well.

Keep turning it around mom.

-Everyone else is doing it.

-My kid is a good kid, when it happens to the bad kids I want them kicked out of school but when my

kid does it, she deserves a break.

-Nobody disciplines my kid but me.

-The school policy is wrong or doesn't say anything about being drunk at a party and not admitting to it.

-I don't need the school to kick little susie off the volleyball team, I will handle this my own way. We

will sit down and talk about alcohol and really spill some feelings.

-It is not my kid's fault he didn't get caught.

-It is the parent's of the girl who threw the parties fault, not my kids for going there.

Parent of the year, friends for life.

Guest GET REAL

This sort of thing has been going on for decades. I graduated in the 1960's, played football and basketball. Just about everyone on both teams smoked and drank on a regular basis.

So lets use some common sense, students enrolled at windsor high school, or any other high school to be blunt, have an extremely high probability of coming into contact, and in turn, drinking alcohol and smoking pot, a very high percentage of people do experiment with drugs at some point in their life. If they can do this and still be dedicated to playing sports and be a key player, congratulations. How big of a problem is underage drinking and smoking pot, because, quite honestly, there is no problem with it in the eyes of many, including the ENTIRE state of CALIFORNIA haha. The people in this post that actually get worked up over children experiencing parts of life that they don't agree with should build a really big wall around their property and home-school their children, because no matter how hard you try, somewhere some place there is going to be a group of kids doing something that you or the law doesn't agree with.

So lets use some common sense, students enrolled at windsor high school, or any other high school to be blunt, have an extremely high probability of coming into contact, and in turn, drinking alcohol and smoking pot, a very high percentage of people do experiment with drugs at some point in their life. If they can do this and still be dedicated to playing sports and be a key player, congratulations. How big of a problem is underage drinking and smoking pot, because, quite honestly, there is no problem with it in the eyes of many, including the ENTIRE state of CALIFORNIA haha. The people in this post that actually get worked up over children experiencing parts of life that they don't agree with should build a really big wall around their property and home-school their children, because no matter how hard you try, somewhere some place there is going to be a group of kids doing something that you or the law doesn't agree with.

kids can experiment all they want. they just have to be ready to accept the consequences when caught.

kids can experiment all they want. they just have to be ready to accept the consequences when caught.

i agree. but after all the punishments have been handed down, don't you think adults should at least address the subject realistically so not so many will feel the need to experiment?? in some cases, it won't matter, maybe other cases it could work. don't we owe them that?

Guest guest guest

every single kid in windsor gets DELETED up all the time, that is the only thing to do in this hick ass town, get over it.

I don't kmow where you get your information!!! Do you live in a cave or a Dream World. Windsor has many many sucessful graduates. My Daughter and many of her friends Graduated as high honors and continue to make great strided in College. On the same page my Daughter has many friends from all thee neighboring schools and guess what you all have your fare share of party animals and in most cases the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Till you have experienced the Windsor School System...keep your comments to yourself...

Archived