Windsor high school

Guest The Guest

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest A True Friend if Tom's

Mr. Starling:

Are you related to the novel based character Clarise Starling??

Silence of the Lambs??

I love that movie.

Good job if you are.

I see why you watched the movie. You clearly can not read, never mind comprehend. Point is your entitled to a opinion, take ownership of your words. As adults we need to lead by example, you never know who is watching. It appears some children have been watching the actions set forth by their parents. Under age drinking is Illegal period. Drunk & Disorderly has its consequences, 1st offense, some form of punishment. Recurrence a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time, the individual needs help. Again, you dont comprehend the scenerio. Under age Drinking is the problem, not Tom Starley. He didnt set the example for the teenagers, YOU DID. Point is there are Rules and Regulations, we do not need them to recognize a drinking problem. So focus on your words and actions, be accountable for them. Accountable does not mean how to Budget Your Paycheck and or unemployment for BEER Money

Tom the best thing you can do for your kid is let the coach, coach your daughter because every single time you made your daughter think she threw a ball, your daughter has talent but your going to make her not want to pitch! Im serious Tom you need to let her bed a kid and let her be a member of a team not try to control the team!

Are you kidding? There are other pitchers on that same team that have parents that are stuck in the coaches can. It's not just the guy you are talking about. It's the softball way, parents think they know everything and they get in the way.

Not last years JV team, the parents all stepped back when tom moved in because no one could stand him! He was screwing kids up left and right trying to give batting advise! Its amazing with sweat pants pulled up to your chest and wearing a cell phone will do for a person!

Guest Observe and Report

Are you kidding? There are other pitchers on that same team that have parents that are stuck in the coaches can. It's not just the guy you are talking about. It's the softball way, parents think they know everything and they get in the way.

Agree 100%, yet not the ISSUE. UNDER AGE DRINKING is....Peer pressure, bullying, no self control, and worst no pearental control. Are not the issue, just the excuses. There is no excuse for any individual to overlook the kids need for help. We all have weaknesses as people and players. Its the parents and the coaches. whose wisdom and expierences right the ship. Most of all where is God/Religion in all of this, obvisously abscent. The answer to all problems is in the Lord Jesus Christ. Try it you'll like what God can do for you.

Remember the issue at hand is UNDER AGE DRINKING...(Illegal)

Not parents involvement with a coach or AD...(Seperate Issue)

Guest The Truth

Agree 100%, yet not the ISSUE. UNDER AGE DRINKING is....Peer pressure, bullying, no self control, and worst no pearental control. Are not the issue, just the excuses. There is no excuse for any individual to overlook the kids need for help. We all have weaknesses as people and players. Its the parents and the coaches. whose wisdom and expierences right the ship. Most of all where is God/Religion in all of this, obvisously abscent. The answer to all problems is in the Lord Jesus Christ. Try it you'll like what God can do for you.

I think Mr. Starley should have stayed away from this site. His reputation is that of an overly involved parent who offers unsolicited advice to everyone, I really don't think he has the experience or qualifications to be doing this and since he seems to be willing to engage on this site I would like to gently ask him to please refrain from his unwanted and fraudulent attempts to advise others in softball matters. Please take this as a friendly comment and not a negative one it is difficult to include tone in this forum.

As a church going Christian I shutter to think of some of the responses you have just opened yourself up to. Poor place to preach. Also, I never said that under age drinking wasn't the main topic on my earlier post. I did say that, and I quote, "It's the softball way, parents think they know everything and they get in the way." I don't know this Tom guy but I do know of the Windsor softball program and there are parents, on the varsity, that have their heads were they shouldn't. Let's put it that way.

I think Mr. Starley should have stayed away from this site. His reputation is that of an overly involved parent who offers unsolicited advice to everyone, I really don't think he has the experience or qualifications to be doing this and since he seems to be willing to engage on this site I would like to gently ask him to please refrain from his unwanted and fraudulent attempts to advise others in softball matters. Please take this as a friendly comment and not a negative one it is difficult to include tone in this forum.

Wow! I posted that "It's the softball way, parents think they know everything and they get in the way" and there was already someone calling Mr. Starley an "overly involved parent!" Which makes the poster of the above post a what? That's right, a know it all softball parent. So what you are saying is you are qualified to tell Mr. Starley he is not qualified? How hypocritical is that?

Guest The Truth

Wow! I posted that "It's the softball way, parents think they know everything and they get in the way" and there was already someone calling Mr. Starley an "overly involved parent!" Which makes the poster of the above post a what? That's right, a know it all softball parent. So what you are saying is you are qualified to tell Mr. Starley he is not qualified? How hypocritical is that?

How is asking an unqualified individual that gives unsolicited advice to every player on the field, advice that is contrary to what the actual coaching staff has stated linked to calling me a know it all parent. If I gave every player advice that was unsolicited I too would expect to be called on it. I am certainly qualified to tell Mr. Starley to close his pie hole. What qualifies him to offer any advice??? He is the scorekeeper. Not a coach. What is his qualifying experience?? Mr. Starley may be a great person, he is not even close to being a softball coach.

If you think this situation in Windsor is bad, evidently you've forgoten about Lee (I forget his first name / his wife was the mayor of Windsor). Now that guy was nuts.

How is asking an unqualified individual that gives unsolicited advice to every player on the field, advice that is contrary to what the actual coaching staff has stated linked to calling me a know it all parent. If I gave every player advice that was unsolicited I too would expect to be called on it. I am certainly qualified to tell Mr. Starley to close his pie hole. What qualifies him to offer any advice??? He is the scorekeeper. Not a coach. What is his qualifying experience?? Mr. Starley may be a great person, he is not even close to being a softball coach.

If this didn't prove my point, "It's the softball way, parents think they know everything and they get in the way" what whould? Who's to say that people don't feel the same way about you? Look in the mirror...

What did Tommy and Patty lee do? Refresh the memory!

I don't know about Patty, But I remember seeing Tomy strutting around during softbal practice giving "pointers". I blame the coach for letting him hang around. Plus the two of them tried to convince the school board to fire the coach and hire him. I remember going to some BOE meeting where the Lees tried to make their case. They were turned down.

Guest I Give Up

If this didn't prove my point, "It's the softball way, parents think they know everything and they get in the way" what whould? Who's to say that people don't feel the same way about you? Look in the mirror...

It is obvious that you refuse to acknowledge my point about Starley and his behavior around the children. I believe the "point" you tried so pathetically to make was my comments were hypocritical. I will state for you that if I behaved the way Starley did I would expect people to feel the same way about me, however simpleton my point is that I along with 99% of the other parents can and do behave as expected and are just plain and simple tired of his borish behavior. I asked him to stop, I can only say you must be a friend or relative of his to continue to defend him and ignore his behavior. Please in the future don't argue in the affirmative without knowing what you are saying.

It is obvious that you refuse to acknowledge my point about Starley and his behavior around the children. I believe the "point" you tried so pathetically to make was my comments were hypocritical. I will state for you that if I behaved the way Starley did I would expect people to feel the same way about me, however simpleton my point is that I along with 99% of the other parents can and do behave as expected and are just plain and simple tired of his borish behavior. I asked him to stop, I can only say you must be a friend or relative of his to continue to defend him and ignore his behavior. Please in the future don't argue in the affirmative without knowing what you are saying.

Is there a reason why the head coach doesn't take control of matters and set this guy straight?

Let us each think about how silly it is to argue about these trivial things and truly give thanks for what we have. If these posters are Windsor parents can't we just get along. Let's show our children and the area in general how to handle these problems in an adult manner.

Guest rotator cuff injury guy

i admire you for telling this guy to shut up. but, if you have a coach that allows it and doesn't say anything to him, you have no coach. that is his job, not yours.

99% of any softball team's parents do not behave at games. Once again, you rip on Mr. Starley and call his behavior "borish." I know exactly what I am saying, you have a problem with Mr. Starley, you are a softball parent, so you fit the mold perfectly. You know everything just like every other softball parent. I'm not arguing, I'm just speaking the truth.

For whatever reasons, the sport of softball seems to be vulnerable to over-zealous parents. This is why I bought running shoes for all of my daughters.

i know i'm old and not familiar with today's youth sports, but in my day the coach controlled the team, including the parents. players questioned nothing and coaches told unruly parents to shut up and sit down or they would assist them in doing so. are the coach's roles so limited now that this nonsense goes on now???

who is supposed to be in charge?? this chaos can't be helping the kids.

i know i'm old and not familiar with today's youth sports, but in my day the coach controlled the team, including the parents. players questioned nothing and coaches told unruly parents to shut up and sit down or they would assist them in doing so. are the coach's roles so limited now that this nonsense goes on now???

Wow. When did you go to school? the Fifties?

You are exactly right. In today's sports when a coach tells a parent to sit down or they would assist them, there would be about 7 cell phone calls made before the bottom of the next inning! One to the superintendent, one to the AD, one to their lawyer and four to the board members they know! Hate to say it but times have changed, and not for the better!

Guest Windsor Student

I'm a student from WHS and every single one of the students who were involved with the party incident have put it in the past and moved on.. except for the parents! Whether your kids attend WHS or not you really should put it in the past and stop complaining about it, because it really just makes you look like a fool. As for the people who want to call us "wanna-be's" screw you. I have plenty of friends who are going to very well-known colleges. You guys sit here and wanna say that we're all idiots and we have a "select few" that go to good colleges, but doesn't every school in the nation have the stereo-type that we at Windsor have? So please, stop rambling on about this topic and end it. This should not have even been put in the Sports Forum in the first place. Move on with your lives and do something a little more productive.

Guest You Make no Sense

99% of any softball team's parents do not behave at games. Once again, you rip on Mr. Starley and call his behavior "borish." I know exactly what I am saying, you have a problem with Mr. Starley, you are a softball parent, so you fit the mold perfectly. You know everything just like every other softball parent. I'm not arguing, I'm just speaking the truth.

I give up, you make no sense. In an intelligent discussion you do not just make unfounded statements like "you know everything just like every softball parent". When did i ever state that I know everything I stated that the behavior of a parent is borish which it is. For you to say as you have that you are just speaking the truth is sophomorish at best, what truth yours. I will leave you with this, for you to say that 99% of the parents do not behave is reason to believe that you are a softball parent yourself and from this it can be infered you by your defense of Starley agree with his antics so any further discussion with you is pointless

Guest windsor grad

Shut up you stupid rednecks!!!!!!!! You guys make Harpursville look smart with this crap. Now you've joined the ranks of ME and Greene hanging all your dirty laundry up on this forum. At least you're entertaining fools I'll give you that. Lol

Archived