Seton Basketball

Guest Johnny Only

Last nite why my first chance to see Garbade play. My initial reaction-he needs to become a lot stronger. He was pushed around by an athletic guy giving up 5 inches. If he is to be successful in college he needs more weight and more strength.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest spartacus

He's a good player but most of his points come from basket hanging.

He probally a good enough b-ball player to get player of the year...., wouldn't ya' think?

He probally a good enough b-ball player to get player of the year...., wouldn't ya' think?

No, I wouldn't. He is a P&SB darling though so I'm sure he's in the running.

KJ Rose can be considered for player of the year. Points, rebounds, assists and as strong statiscally as anyone. And a sophomore which is more impressive. Will be close for the honor.

KJ Rose can be considered for player of the year. Points, rebounds, assists and as strong statistically as anyone. And a sophomore which is more impressive. Will be close for the honor.

What does that mean? He is in the tenth grade. Correct?

He is in 10th grade. He has two more varsity seasons (2011-2012 & 2012-2013) as long as he is not 19 before January 1, 2013.

Guest march madness

No, I wouldn't. He is a P&SB darling though so I'm sure he's in the running.

How could you say that? K. Stevens hates the Torto family. Never gave the Tortos' credit and that's a fact! Someone said Powell.., I would say it will be between Powell and Rose. I myself would give it to Torto but you're not going to see that. How about giving me your picks for the 10 man ALL-STAC team. I think that's what you call it.

So where did all the Seton bragging go? Not such a big deal when they don't play small schools and run the scores up. Garbade the powerhouse, only 8 points? Geez, he's 6'10"...what was his problem? I am not a malicious person by nature and I know this is high school sports and these are kids, but given the rude spectator behavior of the Seton community (a bit hypocritical don't you think when they are a Christian community) and the arrogance of the coach and players, I was happy to see JC put them in their place. To coin an expression from the bible...the exalted shall be humbled. Congrats JC....and congrats to the JC parents in restraining themselves from flaunting the win at this site.

and congrats to the JC parents in restraining themselves from flaunting the win at this site.

One just did, just couldnt refrain could you? I guess its congrats to the rest of the JC parents

Guest freddie Brown

come face reality. Our local basketball isnt very good. Name 5 players to make it to the NBA?

All other big sports we have players who made it to the pro level but not basketball.

This same argument happens every year, and more times than not in the past few years, the Saints made it out of the section and went on to regional play with an appearance in Glens Falls in the state title game. And even then people did not give them credit. They have 300 kids in the school for gods sake without recruitment. The team that made it to Glens Falls had all but one player attend Catholic Schools since kindergarten. So take the stupid recruitment argument out of it. These teams are going far on their own merit, and to take away the hard work these kids put in is wrong. The same idiots make the same stupid argument year after year, and they continue to be wrong.

This same argument happens every year, and more times than not in the past few years, the Saints made it out of the section and went on to regional play with an appearance in Glens Falls in the state title game. And even then people did not give them credit. They have 300 kids in the school for gods sake without recruitment. The team that made it to Glens Falls had all but one player attend Catholic Schools since kindergarten. So take the stupid recruitment argument out of it. These teams are going far on their own merit, and to take away the hard work these kids put in is wrong. The same idiots make the same stupid argument year after year, and they continue to be wrong.

Guest False Information

FYI, Rose, is listed as a 10th grader, he should be in 11th grade.....

You are incorrect in your statement with regard to KJ's grade. He is 15 years old he is in the correct class.

and congrats to the JC parents in restraining themselves from flaunting the win at this site.

One just did, just couldnt refrain could you? I guess its congrats to the rest of the JC parents

Now aren't you silly? So based on my response you 'know' I'm a JC parent. Those are some serious psychic abilities you have there! You will believe what you want, but I am not a JC parent. I'm just a community member happy to see their team win.

I am not a malicious person by nature and I know this is high school sports and these are kids, but given the rude spectator behavior of the Seton community (a bit hypocritical don't you think when they are a Christian community) and the arrogance of the coach and players, I was happy to see JC put them in their place.

You mean like when R Powell was shooting foul shots and the seton fans were yelling 'Food Stamps'? That group should have been tossed from the event center.

I didn't hear that, and was seated fairly close to the SCC kids. (I'm not a parent or fan - just a local hoops junkie). I also saw the principal and a priest sitting with the students, so I have my doubts about this incident.

I didn't hear that, and was seated fairly close to the SCC kids. (I'm not a parent or fan - just a local hoops junkie). I also saw the principal and a priest sitting with the students, so I have my doubts about this incident.

People sitting near them heard it.

To get recruited did Garbade play AAU? He must have been with a national team and obviously must be able to play much better with good coaching.

It would appear that strength is the issue. He needs to get much bigger and stronger. He needs the weight room big time. The Powell kid overpowered him all night long.

I wasn't at the game, but have no doubt this incident occurred. I have watched many teams play SCC-at Seton and at other schools in the section for the past 22 years, and the behavior of the SCC student fans has continually been deplorable. I have never witnessed anything quite like what goes on in their "cheering section"...rudeness, degrading comments, taunting...all from the "saints"? The food stamp comments wouldn't surprise me in the least. The SCC student section rips on kids for any number of things. They even chanted about a player's congential physical conditon earlier this year! You may claim that a priest and the principal were sitting amongst the students, but that has never served as a deterrent for their behavior. The "former" principal was almost always present for the games at SCC, and was there to watch the students in action. On their home court, their students routinely stand ON the sidelines, sometimes in play and in the way of officials attempting to give a player the inbounding ball. I couldn't have been happier when at a recent game, board official Chris Haines stopped play and directed the students to move up a row in the bleachers to get them off the court. Isn't this just common sense...if you're not a player in the game, you don't belong on the court? Apparently SCC fans turn a deaf ear to the code of conduct statement read for players and fans prior to the game. Certainly all schools have their issues with fan control from time to time, but SCC routinely tops the area for "unsaintly" behavior. And please don't respond with the "I must be a Catholic hater" retort...I attended Catholic schools for 12 years in a different diocese in NY.

Archived