$ 4.00 a Gal Gas

Thinkingguest

Guest Guest

Oil companies actually make about 2 cents in profit per gallon. How much per gallon does the government collect in tax?

once again, wrong.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

So those who invested their Earned Money that Government did not confiscate might get a few penny profit on their investment ? Hang them all !

At least they are doing better than those who invested in GM and Chrysler stock . The ones who a fascist Government screwed by saying their money invested had no merit , the unions and government are priority investors !

Why would Exxon be in business if not for profit ?

Telling those like you to get a life is a waste of time , but it would be nice if you could get a clue .

price fixing and collusion is illegal. price gauging is illegal. they are selling a liter of bottled water to a guy who has been stranded in the desert for a month with no water. they are charging him $10,000 FOR THE NORMALLY $1 bottle. that is illegal. it is not a supply and demand issue, which has been proven. they are entitled to a profit if they obtain it legally. pretty confusing stuff.

but when you own the gov't, you can do whatever you want.

Guest Guest

It could be because we are once again drilling off our coasts so your rant is mute.

Well we see you don't care to live in reality.

You are a fool if you think what you call drilling offshore is a true sign to the futures market to start selling short which will begin driving the price down.

As Mr. T used to say: Pity the Fool!

Wednesday, 18 June 2008

President George W Bush has called on Congress to end a 27-year ban on drilling for oil in US coastal waters, to reduce dependence on imports.

Mr Bush said existing restrictions on offshore drilling were "outdated and counter-productive".

His move comes as US consumers are calling for action to tackle high oil prices that have pushed prices at the pump to more than $4 (£2) a gallon.

PRICE 8 Months later - $1.61 a Gallon http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx?time=24

May 27, 2010 at 1:43 p.m.

President Obama declared today he is “angry and frustrated” over the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, and he ordered a further moratorium on new permits to drill new deepwater wells as he tried to address deepening public frustration.

Defending his handling of the five-week-old crisis, Obama used a midday White House news conference to reject criticism he and his administration have not taken control of the situation, saying every move made by BP, the oil company whose stricken undersea well is leaking the oil, has to be approved first by the federal government.

Price in may of 2010 - $2.65

Today $4.00 Dollars or more.

And might add after it was clear that Mr environmentalist leftist made it clear we would not follow through with the bush pronouncement of more America Production the price started it's upward movement.

Note: I understand you're denial Followers of the one.

Guest Guest

In Greene:

$4.09 Cash

$4.13 Debit/Credit card

Getting closer to that five dollars per gallon range. I'm sure it's going to be there by June.

Guest Guest

In Greene:

$4.09 Cash

$4.13 Debit/Credit card

Getting closer to that five dollars per gallon range. I'm sure it's going to be there by June.

why doesn't everybody just stop driving or shut up. get a bike. the morons you voted for and the companies that own them are the reason for gas prices. but you can't figure that out, can you. your whining is pathetic.

Guest Guest

why doesn't everybody just stop driving or shut up. get a bike. the morons you voted for and the companies that own them are the reason for gas prices. but you can't figure that out, can you. your whining is pathetic.

Here is a clue. Don't like it? Don't read it. Maybe you can figure that one out someday.

Guest Guest

Just HOW f-ing retarded are you?!?! I can't stop driving, nor will I shut up over getting screwed at the gas pump, NOR will I even attempt to ride a f-ing bike for my 15 mi highway commute. What's pathetic is your weasely mewling.

Guest Guest

Bike?....right. That 20 mile long bike ride to work in the winter would be a bit of a rough ride, wouldn't it? And what am I going to do about my soon to be massive heating bill that I'm going to have to take a bank loan to pay off?...or rising food prices to feed my family? And who did I vote for that is causing this all to take place and the companies that own them? Bet you can't figure that out, can you? However, you felt the need to inject your worhtless two and a half cents without giving any reasonable alternative. You sound more like the greedy oil tycoons who actually are driving gass prices up and I find your whining to be rather "pathetic".

Guest Guest
Bike?....right. That 20 mile long bike ride to work in the winter would be a bit of a rough ride, wouldn't it?

What kind of a total moron lives 20 miles from work in this day and age?

Oh, right.

Guest Y r people such idiots?

Oh, right.

You got me there! Guess you are just too smart for me! You are right, no one but me lives that far away from work in this booming and ever so job available country! Nope, all those cars I follow every morning on Rt 12 to 17 to Vestal are just my imagination...or maybe the same people are always just heading to shop at Walmart every morning...either way, traffic is rather busy! But of course I am the only one heading to work! And for sure, all my friends and many people have been lying to me about how they travel up to 25 miles to work each day and how the rising gas prices are affecting them. Thanks for setting me straight! All this time I never would have known! Yep, you are a smart one!

Guest Guest

Oh, right.

What kind of bigger MORON actually thinks like this? ^^^ :rolleyes:

What an incredibly stupid post.

Guest Guest
You got me there! Guess you are just too smart for me! You are right, no one but me lives that far away from work in this booming and ever so job available country! Nope, all those cars I follow every morning on Rt 12 to 17 to Vestal...

Where the heck are you coming from? It's 13 miles from Tioga Terrace in Apalachin all the way to downtown Binghamton, 15 if you head further out to some of the more outlying employers toward Conklin. In all seriousness, if you live 20 miles from Vestal, practically the geographic center of the area, that's a choice you're making. The overwhelming majority of workers and jobs are much, much closer to each other than that. The entire developed valley is maybe 12 miles from end to end, and half the county lives in it.

If you prefer living that way, it's absolutely your right as an American to drive considerably further to work than most people if it makes you happy. However, it's not true that there's no "reasonable alternative". Most people do not live this way. You don't want to do the things you can do to reduce your gasoline costs and don't think you should have to, which is fine, but don't pretend you're unable to do anything.

Guest Guest

Where the heck are you coming from? It's 13 miles from Tioga Terrace in Apalachin all the way to downtown Binghamton, 15 if you head further out to some of the more outlying employers toward Conklin. In all seriousness, if you live 20 miles from Vestal, practically the geographic center of the area, that's a choice you're making. The overwhelming majority of workers and jobs are much, much closer to each other than that. The entire developed valley is maybe 12 miles from end to end, and half the county lives in it.

If you prefer living that way, it's absolutely your right as an American to drive considerably further to work than most people if it makes you happy. However, it's not true that there's no "reasonable alternative". Most people do not live this way. You don't want to do the things you can do to reduce your gasoline costs and don't think you should have to, which is fine, but don't pretend you're unable to do anything.

No one said I'm not going to make changes just like everyone else, I have to. I was responding to the idiot who was telling everyone to shut up and get a bike. Then he/she went on to blame us for "voting in politicians who are owned by oil companies" for the rising prices of gas. Of course there was nothing benefitial nor helpful about his/her post and it was the typical jump in and insult type of thread that so many idiots interject here.

Unless you're that idiot, you would understand that riding a bike to work is NOT AN ALTERNATIVE nor is giving up my job to find one closer. And more people than you realize do live this way and do travel such distances to work. Many have no choice as this is the field for which they are qualified and were able to find emplyment in. In the future you may want to read the entire post and what it was referring to before slamming the one who wrote it.

Guest Guest
No one said I'm not going to make changes just like everyone else, I have to. I was responding to the idiot who was telling everyone to shut up and get a bike.

I agree that that was a dumb comment, but what you said strongly suggested that you don't believe reasonable alternatives exist. You even said you'll have to go into debt to heat your house. While I'm sure you're being facetious, that's a pretty extreme statement from someone who accepts that there are practical changes they can make.

Then he/she went on to blame us for "voting in politicians who are owned by oil companies" for the rising prices of gas. Of course there was nothing benefitial nor helpful about his/her post and it was the typical jump in and insult type of thread that so many idiots interject here

Yes, it was stupid. However, you then went on and blamed "the greedy oil tycoons". What do you think the oil executives are supposed to do? There's something bizarre about this line of discussion, where people were warned that something was going to happen for decades and that we were making short-sighted decisions that would make our lives miserable in the future, then, when it happens, everyone cries that there must be some kind of conspiracy behind it and that there's no explanation for it.

Unless you're that idiot, you would understand that riding a bike to work is NOT AN ALTERNATIVE nor is giving up my job to find one closer.

...which is why I definitely didn't suggest either of those alternatives. The suggestion was "living closer to the jobs". They're nearly all within that little 12 mile block, and from your description of your commute, it's an option. You should be able to save on gas going to work, to the mall, to the movies, to Wegmans, and have an extra half hour or more to spend with your family (or your job) every day.

And more people than you realize do live this way and do travel such distances to work.

I do realize how many people travel such distances to work. It's not the norm, and nationally, most of those who do it either get paid enough to justify it or have access to mass transit to make long commutes for low-paying jobs viable. I get the "this is what I'm qualified for" aspect of it, but if there aren't any alternative employers in other nearby areas, it seems like that's all the more reason to live closer to the ones you're up for, don't you think? If you're burning a gallon of gas each way, you're spending something like another $80/month on your commute over and above base inflation compared to 2001. 20 miles is a long damn drive for a job where you're cutting it close enough that gas makes you worry about the grocery bill.

In the future you may want to read the entire post and what it was referring to before slamming the one who wrote it.

I was too harsh when I initially responded. I'm sorry. I saw you berating the other guy and took you both for jerks. That was unfair.

Guest Guest

I do realize how many people travel such distances to work. It's not the norm, and nationally, most of those who do it either get paid enough to justify it or have access to mass transit to make long commutes for low-paying jobs viable. I get the "this is what I'm qualified for" aspect of it, but if there aren't any alternative employers in other nearby areas, it seems like that's all the more reason to live closer to the ones you're up for, don't you think? If you're burning a gallon of gas each way, you're spending something like another $80/month on your commute over and above base inflation compared to 2001. 20 miles is a long damn drive for a job where you're cutting it close enough that gas makes you worry about the grocery bill.

While you bring up many valid points, right now like others, my sacrifices will be less entertainment (cancelling cable, etc...), vacations, eating out and such. Groceries will be much more structured now with necessities only. I'll have to turn my furnace down to where it is barely tolerable. These will be some of my alternatives for now. A new job is not practicle for now as I have put too much into the one I have and I desperately need the insurance to cover my family. It's going to be rough and we will make it...but thanks for understanding.

Guest Crocodile Tears

While you bring up many valid points, right now like others, my sacrifices will be less entertainment (cancelling cable, etc...), vacations, eating out and such. Groceries will be much more structured now with necessities only. I'll have to turn my furnace down to where it is barely tolerable. These will be some of my alternatives for now. A new job is not practicle for now as I have put too much into the one I have and I desperately need the insurance to cover my family. It's going to be rough and we will make it...but thanks for understanding.

So sorry to hear of everyone's pain at the pump. I make so much money that the rise in gasoline prices is little more than a mere nusance. If a bicycle won't work for those of you with longer commutes, perhaps a moped and helmet?

Good luck Little People.

Guest guest

So sorry to hear of everyone's pain at the pump. I make so much money that the rise in gasoline prices is little more than a mere nusance. If a bicycle won't work for those of you with longer commutes, perhaps a moped and helmet?

Good luck Little People.

Just another BCV Troll on his rent a center computer, in his mothers basement. DO NOT FEED!

Archived