Jeter's quest for 3000

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Just saw some footage, how fiting both 1000 and 2000 were of the infield variety. Right now vegas has listed odds, infield nubber -140 or flair to right +120. I think ill go with the better odds and a Jetarian bloop to right

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Just saw some footage, how fiting both 1000 and 2000 were of the infield variety. Right now vegas has listed odds, infield nubber -140 or flair to right +120. I think ill go with the better odds and a Jetarian bloop to right

you, like all the players, are just jealous of all his pretty girlfriends. ask buckyteeth. that's his specialty.

Guest Guess

Compiling numbers for the Hall of Fame? Over his career, for a 162 game season, he has AVERAGED 206 hits to go with a lifetime .313 average.

Compiling numbers for the Hall of Fame? Over his career, for a 162 game season, he has AVERAGED 206 hits to go with a lifetime .313 average.

Those numbers lie.

He is overrated.

All of his eventual 3000+ hits were luck.

He never contributed to the 5 Yankees Championships in his career, it was all Cecil Fielder and Tex.

People aren't Jealous of him, even Arod who made up something that was printed in Sporting News about him.

He shouldn't be captain.

Rotator Monkey Cuff is right, Objectively he bites.

Barry Larkin is better.

Guest Guest

larkin is better

is jeter going to have one of the lowest OPS of anyone in the 3000 hit club and be the only one to never win a major award r lead the league in anything

Guest Are you and Idiot

larkin is better

is jeter going to have one of the lowest OPS of anyone in the 3000 hit club and be the only one to never win a major award r lead the league in anything

No major award, I hope your post was made in a sarcastic manner.

bucksnort is right. i'm just jealous of all of his pretty girlfriends he has had. just like his fellow players are who voted him overrated.

C'mon man, keep riding your dead horse.

Also,

You are jealous because he clearly represents all that you are not.

-Good at baseball

-Good at life

-Knows English

-Doesn't carry the nickname "Meat", "shag boy", or "epic fail" around the yard

-Has seen a vagina

.....that pretty much covers it.

larkin is better

Leads the league in rings.

Are you really addressing the 3000 hit club like Jeter is lucky to get there or something??

There is a reason why less than 30 guys have ever done it.

Saying Larkin is better is an insult to your baseball IQ.

Guest Guest

Leads the league in rings.

Are you really addressing the 3000 hit club like Jeter is lucky to get there or something??

There is a reason why less than 30 guys have ever done it.

Saying Larkin is better is an insult to your baseball IQ.

Darrell Evans made the 400 HR club. He ain't like the other guys in it. you hang around a long time, stay injury free and surround yourself with greatness and you will accumulate some numbers. DJ was above average for very long time but he isn't the same caliber player as the rest of the guys in the club.

Darrell Evans made the 400 HR club. He ain't like the other guys in it. you hang around a long time, stay injury free and surround yourself with greatness and you will accumulate some numbers. DJ was above average for very long time but he isn't the same caliber player as the rest of the guys in the club.

The 400HR club?? 47 guys have over 40 HRS.

Half are juicers, so Darrell Evans belongs there as much as any of them.

"Surround yourself with greatness"

Hall of famers Jeter has played with over the years:

Pre 2009 (Assume Clemen's numbers though the Hall ain't gonna happen)

Mariano Rivera

Wade Boggs

Clemens

Current guys with potential for the Hall:

Arod

Cano?

Tex?

CC?

Tough to figure out who has the potential for it because you never know what'll happen.

I can't believe you are actually separating members of the 3000 hit club like it is an accident.

He plays for the Yankees for christ's sake,

if you ain't getting it done they'll cut the cord as fast as anybody.

He plays in as good a division as there is in Major League Baseball over his career.

You're insane.

Guest Guest

8 hits to go. I hope he can get #3000 at the stadium, but I think it would be pretty cool if he got it at Wrigley Field against the Cubs. Either way, the guy is a class act and I'm happy for him. He goes about playing the game the right way and could run a clinic for each and every pro athlete in the world on how to do an interview.

Guest Guest

8 hits to go. I hope he can get #3000 at the stadium, but I think it would be pretty cool if he got it at Wrigley Field against the Cubs. Either way, the guy is a class act and I'm happy for him. He goes about playing the game the right way and could run a clinic for each and every pro athlete in the world on how to do an interview.

Are you serious, He is the most vanilla boring interview of all time

Guest Guest

Are you serious, He is the most vanilla boring interview of all time

Exactly. He must have learned his craft from Torre. Torre could talk for an hour and not say a thing and reporters were still happy thinking he game them all something to write about the next day.

Guest Wally Pip

Looks like we found a real leadoff hitter tonight, Gardner was creating havoc all night and spearheaded the offense. Watched Nunez play short, Jeter may get Wally Pipped. Hopefully they can get him a few at bats when he comes back to get to 3000

Looks like we found a real leadoff hitter tonight, Gardner was creating havoc all night and spearheaded the offense. Watched Nunez play short, Jeter may get Wally Pipped. Hopefully they can get him a few at bats when he comes back to get to 3000

One interesting thing I heard last night on the broadcast is that Cashman wouldn't give up Nunez in the supposed deal to get Cliff Lee.

The powers that be evidently think pretty highly of him.

Guest mr sarcastic

Good call Buck, i think Cashman knows Jeter is on his last legs and thats why he wanted to give him a 1 or 2 year deal last offseason

Guest Guest

Could be a classy way to send him out.

I always assumed Jeter would leave classy all by himself, but I'm doubting that's going to happen. Cashman did what he had to do. He knows Jeter better than all of us and he obviously looked into his crystal ball.

That Nunez kid has hit more balls hard in 2 days than Jeter has all year

Easy Nomar, you had 3 good years and sucked after that.

Nunez has hit pretty well but also failed to make the routine play that Jeter could make in his sleep.

Don't kick dirt on him yet.

Guest Bucky Dent

not to mention World Series MVP and All Star MVP...

WS MVP was against the Mets in 2000. Lots of the reason Met Fan hates on Jeter every chance they get. Reyes is having a great year. Then again, it's his contract year so what do you expect?

Archived