Jeter's quest for 3000

Guest Guest

WS MVP was against the Mets in 2000. Lots of the reason Met Fan hates on Jeter every chance they get. Reyes is having a great year. Then again, it's his contract year so what do you expect?

Here is a list of all the big time Clutch hits that Reyes has had:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Red Sox Nation

And the best shortstop in NY, matter of fact the best shortstop in all of MLB in 2011. Looks like we need a SS in 2012, could be a nice marriage

Guest Bucky Dent

And the best shortstop in NY, matter of fact the best shortstop in all of MLB in 2011. Looks like we need a SS in 2012, could be a nice marriage

As a Yankee fan I would absolutely love that. Go ahead and over-pay for this guy. Watch him go on the DL and Salsa to "Sweet Caroline."

Guest Red sox Nation

He cant be overpaid anymore than the .252 no range no speed no power shortstop in the bronx. As you can see the Yanks are really missing there captain, as they continue to pile up victories without him. However being 6-0 in NY this year maybe we dont need him afterall. I just hope Jeter gets healthy before we play the yanks again

Guest Jim Leyritz

He cant be overpaid anymore than the .252 no range no speed no power shortstop in the bronx. As you can see the Yanks are really missing there captain, as they continue to pile up victories without him. However being 6-0 in NY this year maybe we dont need him afterall. I just hope Jeter gets healthy before we play the yanks again

Give Jeter some of whatever David Roidtiz is taking. People want to question Bartolo Colon, but Big Steriod is having an MVP year.

Imagine that........the Mets have no pressure on them this year to perform whatsoever and Jose Reyes is somehow healthy and lighting it up during his coincedental contract year.

Jeter forgot more clutch hits and plays than Reyes has even dreamed of.

Red Sox = The Yankees of 2004-2008.

Bring in all the greats only to come up short.

They better get it done this year.

Guest Red Sox Nation

Give Jeter some of whatever David Roidtiz is taking. People want to question Bartolo Colon, but Big Steriod is having an MVP year.

I cant argue there, Big Papi is a fraud. It is amazing how his career took off when he became teammates with Manny. Im sure these guys are still juicing, the chemist are still a step ahead of the testers.

Guest Red Sox Nation

Imagine that........the Mets have no pressure on them this year to perform whatsoever and Jose Reyes is somehow healthy and lighting it up during his coincedental contract year.

Jeter forgot more clutch hits and plays than Reyes has even dreamed of.

Red Sox = The Yankees of 2004-2008.

Bring in all the greats only to come up short.

They better get it done this year.

I like our chances this year, and i agree with the contract year theory. Look at Beltran, he cant stay on the field for 3 years, this year they cant keep him off, must be a contract year. Look at his miraculous 2005 postseason, what a schock a free agent year. Look at Adrian Beltres stats, it isnt hard to guess what years he was up for free agency. They can say they test all they want, im not buying

Guest Guest

They were saying on Mike and Mike this morning that the Yanks and Mets are talking a Reyes deal.

Guest Brian Cashman

They were saying on Mike and Mike this morning that the Yanks and Mets are talking a Reyes deal.

Does Reyes want some Jeter autographed baseballs? I'm sure Derek would be willing to work something out for the kid.

Guest Theo Epstein

If any yankee fans think that today, in 2011 they are a better team with Jeter at shortstop than they would be with Reyes, i want some of what you are smoking.

Guest The Ghost of George

If any yankee fans think that today, in 2011 they are a better team with Jeter at shortstop than they would be with Reyes, i want some of what you are smoking.

Today and this Year - Yes

Every Year from 1996-2010 - No

Guest Guest

Today and this Year - Yes

Every Year from 1996-2010 - No

I'm not trying to be funny but don't think that come 2012 and Reyes misses half the season because of a hang nail that the Yanks still aren't better with Grandpa Jeter.

Bottom Line: Reyes is younger and is more talented, but he's immature, doesn't show any toughness whatsoever and hasn't had 1 clutch hit in his entire life. Reyes couldn't Captain a Children's cereal. It's kinda like saying King LeBron is a better basketball player than Kobe. At this point in their careers...maybe, but otherwise it's apples and oranges.

Guest Guest

What kind of argument is that? The Yanks are better with Nick Swisher in RF than Reggie, but WTF?

Guest Boss Hoggs

What kind of argument is that? The Yanks are better with Nick Swisher in RF than Reggie, but WTF?

As opposed to...........Roscoe P Coltrane - Kee-cue, cue, cue

Today in 2011...........I'd take Reggie!

REGGIE! REGGIE! REGGIE!

Guest Bobby V

At least we have an analyst who tells it like it is, not bowing down to the yankees declining captain. No minced words from Bobby, captain should be hitting 9th and Gardner leading off

Guest Mike Schmidt

At least we have an analyst who tells it like it is, not bowing down to the yankees declining captain. No minced words from Bobby, captain should be hitting 9th and Gardner leading off

Is this the same Bobby V that got thrown out of a game and then came back into the dugout dressed as Groucho Marx? MLB got so sick of Bobby, he was sentenced to years in Japan. I'll leave it up to Joe G to decide. I don't care where Jeter bats or if he misses the rest of the season. The Yanks will go as far as their pitching takes them. Just like the Red Sox. The reason the Phillies will be champs in 2011.

Bobby is a better commentator than he ever was a manager.

It could very well be interesting when Jeter gets back........on the radio and in the papers.

The Yanks will put Jeter up top with no hesitation.

I ain't sayin' it is the right move, but it will be the move none the less.

Guest Mickey Rivers

Bobby is a better commentator than he ever was a manager.

It could very well be interesting when Jeter gets back........on the radio and in the papers.

The Yanks will put Jeter up top with no hesitation.

I ain't sayin' it is the right move, but it will be the move none the less.

It would be even more interesting if Nunez started doing something, but right now he's not doing enough with the chance he has been given. His BA is great, but fielding errors and he runs the bases as bad as Gardner. Seriously, is there a faster runner more clueless than Gardner? Can't the Yanks hire Rickey Henderson to work with this guy and teach him the tricks of the trade. Ricky knows how to steal bases and Ricky would be a great guy to teach Gardner. It would be nice to see Ricky again and Rickey would like to see Rickey. Everybody loves Ricky. Nobody more than Rickey himself.

Gardner's speed causes indecision.

He could take the sure double/single but constantly looks lost because he can out run most outfield arms.

Reyes is similar and make the same types of mistakes. You take the good with the bad.

Rickey: The Yanks would have to hire an interpretor for Gardner. Seriously, has there ever

been a bigger retard that was so good than Rickey??

Guest Mr Met

If Ricky mentors Gardner the only thing Gardner will learn is how to play Cards in the locker room pregame, that was Rickys true love

Archived