Jeter's quest for 3000

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I'm not the poster you're responding to. Unless you're about 60 years old, you never saw the guy play. I did and he was one of the best defensive outfielders ever. He led the league in outfield assists years after people stopped challenging his arm on the basepaths. He could hit, run, throw, and was a clutch performer in the World Series. Yes, he was a chronic whiner and hypochondriac and it was widely known in MLB (especially the sports writers). Then again, don't we all have our quirks?

i understand your post. this is also meant for the other poster who said he was a whiner. sportswriters dubbed him that because he didn't want to listen to their ignorant questions. sportswriters are not respected by anybody in sports, except themselves. they never played and are clueless.

umps, players, managers and fans loved him. i'll go by that instead of some dorky sportswriters.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

i understand your post. this is also meant for the other poster who said he was a whiner. sportswriters dubbed him that because he didn't want to listen to their ignorant questions. sportswriters are not respected by anybody in sports, except themselves. they never played and are clueless.

umps, players, managers and fans loved him. i'll go by that instead of some dorky sportswriters.

He was an incredible baseball player and did great work for charity. Heck, he died doing charity work. I agree with you on sports writers. Again, not trying to piss on a man's grave, but no, he wasn't loved by all umps, players and managers. That's just a cold, hard fact. Yes, he was definitely loved by the fans.

Guest Guest

He was an incredible baseball player and did great work for charity. Heck, he died doing charity work. I agree with you on sports writers. Again, not trying to piss on a man's grave, but no, he wasn't loved by all umps, players and managers. That's just a cold, hard fact. Yes, he was definitely loved by the fans.

his teammates loved him like a brother. if umps didn't like him, that makes me like him that much better. umps are as bad as sportswriters. as far as other players, maybe they couldn't match his intensity. sometimes great players have attitudes. that doesn't make them complainers. it means they want it more. i always heard he was respected by everyone. if not, i think the above reasons might explain why.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

You Jeter haters make me sick. The guy gets his 3000th hit and has a game for the ages and the only hater on here who can give the guy his props is BuckCastic. You are truly a bunch of classless jerks. Whatever.

HBO is doing a documentary on his 3000th hit. Jeter was actually miked for #3000 and this looks like a great one-hour show.

http://www.hbo.com/sports/derek-jeter-3k/video/tease

Guest Guest

You Jeter haters make me sick. The guy gets his 3000th hit and has a game for the ages and the only hater on here who can give the guy his props is BuckCastic. You are truly a bunch of classless jerks. Whatever.

HBO is doing a documentary on his 3000th hit. Jeter was actually miked for #3000 and this looks like a great one-hour show.

http://www.hbo.com/sports/derek-jeter-3k/video/tease

game for the ages????? you sound like jim nantz.

Guest Billy Martin

game for the ages????? you sound like jim nantz.

Well, let us look closer:

How many guys in the history of MLB have 3000 hits?

How many guys hit a HR for that 3000th hit?

How many guys have gone 5-5 in that game?

How many guys also had the game winning hit in that game?

How many players have played MLB in its history?

I REST MY CASE. GAME FOR THE AGES!

Guest Guest

Well, let us look closer:

How many guys in the history of MLB have 3000 hits?

How many guys hit a HR for that 3000th hit?

How many guys have gone 5-5 in that game?

How many guys also had the game winning hit in that game?

How many players have played MLB in its history?

I REST MY CASE. GAME FOR THE AGES!

don't watch alot of baseball i see.

Guest Guest

don't watch alot of baseball i see.

Nah, you can see a guy go 5 for 5 , hit a home run for his 3000th career hit and then have the game winning hit almost every day. Heck, I think it happens at Citi Field at least once a week.

Guest mr sarcastic

even mr sarcastic has to tip his hat for that game, i said to someone i was watching with when he was up with the winning run on base that " i would walk him right now even if babe ruth was hitting next.... sure enough he got the winning hit..............actually captain clunker has hit the ball much better of late, but still cannot touch a hard throwing right hander unless the guy makes a mistake

It is getting to the point in baseball that 3000 hits is harder to get than 500 or even 600 HR's.

It could be argued that it is.

Juiced up players, parks, and baseballs....

Hits are hits and that usually doesn't change other than the homefield scoring now and again.

Minimizing Jeter's accomplishment shows a complete lack of knowledge and respect for the game.

Guest Guest

This will be a snorefest, Jeter is the anti Rex ryan. He is a vanilla quote machine.

I saw the documentary last night on HBO and it was really good. I understand what you're saying though. Jeter will never be mistaken for Charles Barkley.

Guest Guest

i also saw the documentary on hbo and was surprised that jeter let the cameras go so far but you still had a strong sense that you still dont know who the guy really is. not saying hes a bad guy but its obvious hes extremely private and i can understand why after they showed some of those idiot reporters and the questions they asked. hes down in tampa for rehab and they ask in sucession

that nunez is playing great isnt he?

the yanks seem to be doing a lot better without you

do you know who wally pipp is?

jeter just keeps his cool and answers all the questions without blinking an eye. i would have told them to go f themselves. im not necessarily a jeter fan because i hate the yanks but the guy is okay in my book

Guest Joe Lefebvre

Old Joe checking in on a Sunday morning after a lengthy sabatical. I was there to witness #3000 at the Stadium. What a day - what a game - what a performance. The Captain certainly has a flare for the spotlight and he delivered yet again.

Sure enough - DJ's is back on his A game after a brief but well needed stint on the DL (which strongly indicates that early season lack of production was due to him trying to play through an injury). Mark my words - he will finish the season around .285 with a .370 OBP and deliver even more clutch hits as is his Modus Operandi. The guy is worth every penny they pay him - in the Value and CLASS he brings to the NY YANKEE brand alone. His stellar performance on the field is a bonus.

Something Yankee Haters will never understand .

Oh yeah - one more thing for buckaroo - My boy SWISH is finding his groove too.

Nova looked good - AROD back soon.

I really like the Yankees' chances this year. See you in OCTOBER. 27 + 1 = 28 (27 - Time for another name change )

I really like the Yankees' chances this year. See you in OCTOBER. 27 + 1 = 28 (27 - Time for another name change )

I was wondering when you were going to chime in on Swish.

He is having a nice comeback within the last month or so.

As far as the Yankees chances...I still see them behind Boston.

Guest Guest

Old Joe checking in on a Sunday morning after a lengthy sabatical. I was there to witness #3000 at the Stadium. What a day - what a game - what a performance. The Captain certainly has a flare for the spotlight and he delivered yet again.

Sure enough - DJ's is back on his A game after a brief but well needed stint on the DL (which strongly indicates that early season lack of production was due to him trying to play through an injury). Mark my words - he will finish the season around .285 with a .370 OBP and deliver even more clutch hits as is his Modus Operandi. The guy is worth every penny they pay him - in the Value and CLASS he brings to the NY YANKEE brand alone. His stellar performance on the field is a bonus.

Something Yankee Haters will never understand .

wow. that is some great baseball analysis. maybe you, buck, swish and DJ could all get a room sometime. i know DJ would like that. you haven't figured that out about him yet???? man who dates high profile hotties, and never marries, secretly plays for the other team. gotta keep up the image.

Guest Guest

wow. that is some great baseball analysis. maybe you, buck, swish and DJ could all get a room sometime. i know DJ would like that. you haven't figured that out about him yet???? man who dates high profile hotties, and never marries, secretly plays for the other team. gotta keep up the image.

Funny how your only talent is spotting people who are in the closet.

Guest Guest

derek jeter is hurt once again. when is yankee fan going to come to terms that hes over the hill? weve already established the fact hes not what he used to be.

Guest Mr Sarcastic

Lets not get carried away, the yanks were 14-4 during his DL stint.......He is nothing but a number 8 or 9 slap hitter who gets to hit at the top of the order because of his past, not merit. If the Yanks can win anything in October with AJ Burnett as a number 2 starter, more power too em

Archived