2011 STAC Boys Soccer

DarkManX14

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is false. Vestal beat EFA 2-0 last season and EFA scored an own goal. Vestal was the better team, but it was a well contested match.

alright look at the stats of the game i dont think efa even had shot and vestal dominated the entire game it wasnt contested at all. at the end of the game vestal played all the scrubs because they dominated so badly. true the score was close but you cant tell everything by the score board they just had a bad day finding the back of the net it could have easily been a blowout.

Not sure if UE is good or Oneonta is not good. It is a scrimmage it gives coaches time to also allow plaeyers that will not see much playing time during the year to play.

Vestal beat JC 6-0 so does that mean JC is that bad and vestal is that good?

Vestal also beat CF 15-0 and vestal really is that good they are solid in every position they have a slight weakness at outside back but the strength at all the other positiion can pick up the slack and they have very solid center backs thats cant get beat. By the end of the year vestal will be solid everywhere and the kids have been playing together since very young which is also a big plus!

alright look at the stats of the game i dont think efa even had shot and vestal dominated the entire game it wasnt contested at all. at the end of the game vestal played all the scrubs because they dominated so badly. true the score was close but you cant tell everything by the score board they just had a bad day finding the back of the net it could have easily been a blowout.

This is just an ignorant post. EFA has been a solid team for the last 5 years and has always played Vestal tough. In 2007 Vestal had one blemish on thier record in STAC and it was a tie vs. EFA. EFA has been the 2nd most succsessful team in STAC behind Vestal and the two team always play each other well.

This is just an ignorant post. EFA has been a solid team for the last 5 years and has always played Vestal tough. In 2007 Vestal had one blemish on thier record in STAC and it was a tie vs. EFA. EFA has been the 2nd most succsessful team in STAC behind Vestal and the two team always play each other well.

This wasnt about any other year just last year. EFA is a good team but they didnt have a chance last year against vestal

This wasnt about any other year just last year. EFA is a good team but they didnt have a chance last year against vestal

UE-4 - SV-3

Yeah but UE scored most of their goals -3- on the SV second string. Not sure why the UE coach played all the starters so much, scrimmages are a time to find out what you have and it seemed he was honestly playing to win. I'd say it was an even match but SV looked stronger with its starters, however their bench looks very weak. It makes me wonder about the Oneonta result after watching this game, Oneonta may have gotten two goals subbed and UE kept starters in to try and not lose a scrimmage. If that was the case its too bad because those kids are building very false confidence.

Yeah but UE scored most of their goals -3- on the SV second string. Not sure why the UE coach played all the starters so much, scrimmages are a time to find out what you have and it seemed he was honestly playing to win. I'd say it was an even match but SV looked stronger with its starters, however their bench looks very weak. It makes me wonder about the Oneonta result after watching this game, Oneonta may have gotten two goals subbed and UE kept starters in to try and not lose a scrimmage. If that was the case its too bad because those kids are building very false confidence.

UE used there starters about half the scrimmage.

You don't know the UE team then, all the players played, and only two starters were in for the whole game. One starter sat the bench with a slight injury, and two players were sent off with yellow cards, and sat a bit, and lot of the second string played. So, they contained Rood, and had 3 goals scored on them, with 1 a penalty kick and another that should have been disallowed due to the foul. But with 2 seconds to play, the ref allowed it.

So, everyone thought that the UE would not contain the SV team, and they did. Also, the UE team outplayed the SV team and those goals were scored with starters on the field.

The UE team plays well together, and plays as a team.

SV scored all its goals on UE's second string. First string played half the game, second string played half. (Except for 2 players) UE played great and if the first string had played the whole game UE would have won by several goals. This UE team plays great as a team and will be hard to beat.

SV scored all its goals on UE's second string. First string played half the game, second string played half. (Except for 2 players) UE played great and if the first string had played the whole game UE would have won by several goals. This UE team plays great as a team and will be hard to beat.

Consider if SV played their starters the whole game, then UE would probably not have won by "several goals", UE scored 3 of there goals on SV's backups and SV scored 2 of their goals on UE's. Looking strictly at starters both teams look real good and with that it was 1-1 game. SV should be looking at being real contenders inside a weakened Class B and central division, and UE should should be looking at haveing a real solid year, but will be seeing a much tougher schedule in AA

UE Kids- stop please you are embarassing yourselves over and over.

You "shut down" a Class B school be allowing only 3 goals? Shut down is what Vestal did to JC and CF, no goals virtually no scoring opportunities. SV scored three and had numerous other chances on you. Your first three goals were all scored with Rood on the bench and two subs at outside back, unless SV started their scrubs and subbed in the starters. Anyone at the game could see that. And 2 starters going the whole game in a scrimmage? Typical Materese, not a great decision to build the team.

Dan McGraw is the best player UE has ever produced? McGraw isn't even in the top 5 center midfield players that UE has produced. Give me Chavez, Riley, J Rob, Nate Horton, Zandy over him anytime they all ran in the center mid during HS and all were Div 1 players. If you don't know all those names don't ever think about naming the all time greats at UE Soccer because they are some of the best.

Honestly for UE it will be the same story as every year, you can have talented players but your coach will find a way to play them in all the wrong ways and lose things for you. No idea why he has stuck around this long but UE has always underacheived no matter what the talent level, still can't believe that they have never won a State Title with what has gone through that school

Guest Donny of SouthSide

Honestly you cant base anything of off scrimmages in the sense on how the year will be because teams dont play there starters for 3/4 the game like they would in a regular season game and some teams are conditioned better so you'll never know.. as for the topics on vestal, U-E,Corning Horsehads and EFA and Ithaca it'll be nice to see how they turn out in sectionals.. my prediction. EFA loses early waaaaay to much hype over one kid.. same as well fo corning except there nothing really special horseheads and then u-e may make a run.. more U-E then horseheads then ithaca or U-E plays vestal.. vestal wins.

true its the "express" pretty much EFA though

yeah i feel bad for the efa kids. they pretty much have to move to class aa but don't gain alot of talent. sucks for them. i bet the other class A schools are happy though. maine-endwell hasn't beaten them in years.

Didn't EFA lose a lot of starters from last year? Wouldn't combining help them at least pick up some new players to help fill the void? I remember when ME played SHS last year their GK for SHS was very good and SHS took ME to OT, but not sure what year he was?

Archived