2011 STAC Boys Soccer

DarkManX14

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sit closer next time, you'll see better.

Actually was in the stands talking to a college coach who saw the same thing, the game was not a good watch sorry that you don't like that. UE had two defenders behind Alex at all times and three in between him and the Elmira mids. Elmira foolishly kept trying to go over the top to him and UE kept it away. College coach was turned off by Alex's actions very much, and I was as well. Its a shame a decent player has such a poor attitude.

SV 3 Owego 1

Have to say SV surprised me with this, even when they were down in the first half they had three clear scoring chances and just missed wide. Who's this Deeter kid? The only player anyone talked about scoring for SV was Rood and he spent time in the center back and SV was still dominating the attacking play. The SV/JC match on Tuesday could be really good.

Actually was in the stands talking to a college coach who saw the same thing, the game was not a good watch sorry that you don't like that. UE had two defenders behind Alex at all times and three in between him and the Elmira mids. Elmira foolishly kept trying to go over the top to him and UE kept it away. College coach was turned off by Alex's actions very much, and I was as well. Its a shame a decent player has such a poor attitude.

which coach were you talking to? There was at least one there that night, and it wasn't to watch Elmira.

any surprises of the first round of games? i know theres a nice amount of games tomarow especially U-E at Ithaca... thoughts???

I thought SV over Owego was a suprise and possibly U-E over Elmira, but not much after that. Pretty predictable. I'm looking forward to U-E vs. Ithaca and Elmira vs. Vestal tomorrow.

I thought SV over Owego was a suprise and possibly U-E over Elmira, but not much after that. Pretty predictable. I'm looking forward to U-E vs. Ithaca and Elmira vs. Vestal tomorrow.

SV has looked very strong so far, heard they had good showings against UE and ME in scrimmages and they were the dominant team in the game against Owego. Last year JC had their number though and with the old SV coach helping out at JC now that game should have a real intensity to it. If I had to pick one to watch tomorrow I think it might be that one over any other.

Games today

C Forks @ Seton----- Seton wins by at least 3

Vestal @ Elmira-Vestal wins by 4

Windsor @ Oneonta----Oneonta wins by 5

Bing @ ME --ME wins by 3

Horseheads @ Corning

UE @ Ithaca UE wins by 2

JC @ SV-SV wins by 1 in overtime

Norwich @ Owego moved to THursday

Games today

Bing @ ME --ME wins by 3

Horseheads @ Corning

UE @ Ithaca UE wins by 2

Good post, but there is just no way Vestal beats Elmira by 4 goals. I don't think Vestal has ever beaten Elmira (or EFA for that matter) by 4 goals.

EFA will loose by at least 3 as Vestal will shut down the top scorer Alex. This will be two games in a row that he will be shut down and with his temprement I am not sure he will make it thur the game without a card. If anyone goes to the game please post how that game was and the score. Games tonight may be high scoring with the rain and the speed of the ball.

Games today

Bing @ ME --ME wins by 3

Horseheads @ Corning

UE @ Ithaca UE wins by 2

SV won 5-0 they didn't even go into overtime

Guest the facts

I wish there was a 'point and laugh" smiley face for you when the classifications come out. Believe me...the information is coming from a credible source. There are FOUR "A" soccer schools this season: Vestal, M-E, JC, and Owego (playing up a class).

Vestal- 925 it is.

4 ELMIRA DISTRICT 1481

4 CORNING 1374

4 BINGHAMTON 1222

4 ITHACA 1156

4 HORSEHEADS 988

4 UNION ENDICOTT 987

4 VESTAL 925

4 ELMIRA SOUTHSIDE 833

4 CORNING-PAINTED POST WEST 744

4 ELMIRA FREE ACAD 648

4 CORNING-PAINTED POST EAST 630

4 MAINE-ENDWELL 600

4 JOHNSON CITY 596

4 OWEGO FREE ACAD 527

4 NORWICH 505

4 ONEONTA 466

4 WINDSOR CENTRAL 449

4 DRYDEN 437

4 SUSQUEHANNA VALLEY 426

4 CHENANGO VALLEY 415

4 WAVERLY MS 392

4 CHENANGO FORKS 358

4 TRUMANSBURG 323

4 WHITNEY POINT 319

4 NEWARK VALLEY 297

4 LANSING 293

4 WATKINS GLEN 292

4 SIDNEY 277

4 GREENE 273

4 UNATEGO 270

4 SPENCER-VAN ETTEN 255

4 GROTON 252

4 WALTON 242

4 THOMAS A. EDISON 241

4 TIOGA 229

4 SETON CATHOLIC CENTRAL 228

4 MORAVIA 227

4 UNION SPRINGS MS 225

4 NEWFIELD 223

4 UNADILLA VALLEY 213

4 OXFORD ACAD 203

4 HARPURSVILLE 200

4 MARATHON 196

4 ODESSA-MONTOUR 189

4 DELAWARE ACAD (DELHI) 188

4 BAINBRIDGE-GUILFORD 182

4 NOTRE DAME 175

4 CANDOR 167

4 SOUTHERN CAYUGA 167

4 AFTON 149

4 RICHFIELD SPRINGS CENTRAL SCHOOL 144

4 CHERRY VALLEY-SPRINGFIELD 138

4 GEORGE JUNIOR REPUBLIC SCHOOL 131

4 DEPOSIT 130

4 HUNTER-TANNERSVILLE MS 126

4 EDMESTON CENTRAL SCHOOL 116

4 MORRIS CENTRAL SCHOOL 116

4 HANCOCK 115

4 WINDHAM ASHLAND CENTRAL SCHOOL 112

4 MARGARETVILLE CENTRAL SCHOOL 111

4 MILFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL 106

4 STAMFORD CENTRAL SCHOOL 105

4 GILBERTSVILLE-MOUNT UPTON 104

4 WORCESTER SCHOOL 103

4 CHARLOTTE VALLEY SCHOOL 94

4 ELBA 93

4 LAURENS CENTRAL SCHOOL 89

4 GILBOA CONESVILLE CENTRAL SCHOOL 87

4 ROXBURY CENTRAL SCHOOL 79

4 FRIENDSHIP CENTRAL SCHOOL 77

4 SCHENEVUS CENTRAL SCHOOL 76

4 HOUGHTON ACAD 74

4 JEFFERSON CENTRAL SCHOOL 67

4 SOUTH KORTRIGHT CENTRAL SCHOOL 67

4 DOWNSVILLE CENTRAL SCHOOL 63

4 FRANKLIN CENTRAL SCHOOL 61

4 ANDES CENTRAL SCHOOL 30

Games today

Bing @ ME --ME wins by 3

Horseheads @ Corning

UE @ Ithaca UE wins by 2

4-1 not bad picking the winners just missed some of the scores. I thought Elmira had one of the top players in STAC i the Alex kid and they only got one shot? Wow

Anyone see the jc-sv game. Kinda shocked that JC lost by 5

4-1 not bad picking the winners just missed some of the scores. I thought Elmira had one of the top players in STAC i the Alex kid and they only got one shot? Wow

You may have picked the winners, but that's not exactly difficult. I noticed that you didn't pick the HH/Corning match.

You may have picked the winners, but that's not exactly difficult. I noticed that you didn't pick the HH/Corning match.

ok then show us how easy it is to pick the winners here are the Thursday games

Union-Endicott @ Vestal 07:00PM Stadium Chenango Valley @ Chenango Forks 04:30PM Chenango Forks HS Maine-Endwell @ Ithaca 07:00PM Ithaca HS Elmira @ Horseheads 04:30PM HHS V Field Corning @ Binghamton 07:00PM Alumni Stadium

ok then show us how easy it is to pick the winners here are the Thursday games

Union-Endicott @ Vestal 07:00PM Stadium Chenango Valley @ Chenango Forks 04:30PM Chenango Forks HS Maine-Endwell @ Ithaca 07:00PM Ithaca HS Elmira @ Horseheads 04:30PM HHS V Field Corning @ Binghamton 07:00PM Alumni Stadium

Just the winners? No problem...i'll even throw some scores in:

-Vestal over UE (3-1)

-Forks over Valley (3-1)

-Ithaca over M-E (3-0)

-Elmira over Horseheads (2-1)

-Corning over Binghamton (3-0)

-Owego over Norwich (7-0)

SV looked totally different than the team I saw last year vs JC. Last year the team spent more time screaming at each other, the refs and the coach looked like he had trouble getting them on the same page. Yesterday they started a bit slow but it was obvious they were different early on. Composure all over the field even when mistakes were made they were dealt with, and honestly Rood is going to score goals the fact other guys are stepping up should worry teams. Hope the kid that left in an ambulance is ok, took a hard fall after a bad foul breakaway from behind tackle and player was lucky not to be sent off.

SV looked totally different than the team I saw last year vs JC. Last year the team spent more time screaming at each other, the refs and the coach looked like he had trouble getting them on the same page. Yesterday they started a bit slow but it was obvious they were different early on. Composure all over the field even when mistakes were made they were dealt with, and honestly Rood is going to score goals the fact other guys are stepping up should worry teams. Hope the kid that left in an ambulance is ok, took a hard fall after a bad foul breakaway from behind tackle and player was lucky not to be sent off.

If this was a bad foul from behind this is yet another case that the referees hesitate to send anyone off so they do not have to fill out paperwork. Which player was it, I assume one of the starters. Hope his injury is minor and he is back on the field soon.

Archived