2011 STAC Boys Soccer

DarkManX14

Not sure about this year, but class A sucked last year, Owego was weaker then they were in past years.. ME sucked, EFA had a solid def. from what I saw in the sectional final and one good striker, and they beat a very young and not very good JC team to win the section.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about this year, but class A sucked last year, Owego was weaker then they were in past years.. ME sucked, EFA had a solid def. from what I saw in the sectional final and one good striker, and they beat a very young and not very good JC team to win the section.

That EFA team lost 1-0 to Byram Hills on an own goal with less than a minute to play in the State Quarterfinals. Class A may have been weak, but EFA was not. Byram has been to 3 state final fours and a state championship in the last 5 years.

That is pretty good result for EFA then, still a loss though unfortunately, did EFA Dominate the game?, or could Byram just not finish? EFA have any chances? How is the Elmira Express looking?

I think that Vestal will be the cream of the crop in AA this year if they are AA? does anyone know if they are A or AA, and Owego is maybe the favorite in A if Vestal is a AA.

yeah i feel bad for the efa kids. they pretty much have to move to class aa but don't gain alot of talent. sucks for them. i bet the other class A schools are happy though. maine-endwell hasn't beaten them in years.

it may not be this year, or possibly even next season but mark my words, that coach will make that district a winner. efa was terrible before he took over and they ended up being one of the best class a schools in the state within 5 years

How do you guys think the Class B's are going to pan out, seems like Oneonta has got to figure out there team this year (although im basing this of their scrimmages which i know isnt a great thing to do) and as for the rest, seems like its between SV, Trumansburg and maybe Dryden.

What are your thoughts?

ME will be best team in STAC under Riley, Heard he is the best coach around as he is always at the dome working with kids, etc. Program will go in a new direction.

ME will be best team in STAC under Riley, Heard he is the best coach around as he is always at the dome working with kids, etc. Program will go in a new direction.

He is always at the dome working with kids because thats his job, he runs a soccer skills training business. His training will help, but coaching skills and building a HS team are very different things. It will be interesting to see how long until his first parent controversy that only the kids who pay him in the off-season get to start etc..

As for ME being the best team in the league, I can't seeing them passing Vestal this year they just don't have the same depth of talent.

I'm know I'm going to watch ME vs UE. Those games were always physical for as long as I can remember, and who knows, it might get ugly, especially with TJ McCarty tugging jersey's and getting red cards...

riley has alot of major accomplishments to win if he wants to be mentioned even in the same breath as the best high school coaches in the area. he's not going to be able to do it at M-E. maine-endwell's soccer progam is done now that they are playng in the big boy side of STAC

Alex K is a good player. Sure he whines and complained and playes a little dirty. Nobody would say anything about it if he was on vestal bc that defines almost every vestal player. He is a great scorer a with a supporting cast he should have a great season

I'm know I'm going to watch ME vs UE. Those games were always physical for as long as I can remember, and who knows, it might get ugly, especially with TJ McCarty tugging jersey's and getting red cards...

TJ McCarthy (notice the H that you missed buddy) got one red card in a game verses VESTAL not UE. and of course the ME UE game will be physical bc it's always a battle in every sport for ME UE. the kids live down the street from each other!!!!

TJ McCarthy (notice the H you missed it there buddy) got one red card and that is the only car of his 3 year starting highschool career at ME which includes a sectional championship. And of course it will be a hard fought game bc ME UE is always a hard fought battle in every sport they play.

riley has alot of major accomplishments to win if he wants to be mentioned even in the same breath as the best high school coaches in the area. he's not going to be able to do it at M-E. maine-endwell's soccer progam is done now that they are playng in the big boy side of STAC

Who cares about STAC??? ME gets experience vs the big schools and then comes back and just has to beat weak Owego and JC teams. They'll def win sectionals and could advance in regionals depending if adam kozecky tries

Who cares about STAC??? ME gets experience vs the big schools and then comes back and just has to beat weak Owego and JC teams. They'll def win sectionals and could advance in regionals depending if adam kozecky tries

Sounds like EFA the last few years, the difference is that EFA was actually BEATING the large schools, not just "getting experience". That's the standard that has been set for Coach Riley. Win sectionals AND matches vs. AA schools.

The ME team still has a lot of rebuilding to do. They lost their real core 2 years ago when they graduated moon and that bunch. As for them being the best? Not likely, they still have a lot of work to do but they could always surprise me.

Saw the ME/SV match tied 1-1 both teams showed well at times but also have obvious flaws. The ME coach better try to rein in a few of his players or it will be a yellow card nightmare for him especially the red head up top consistent cheap shots. They have a solid keeper, defense was ok and they could have finished much better. SV will have to deal with the Mike Rood drama, kids a great player sometimes but he just quit for a while in the first half and ME dominated because of it. He laid two or three passes off that were awful and yelled at other players for his screw ups. SV keeper was impressive made a breakaway save and another catch on Koezeke when he tried to hammer one, defense looked shaky at times and the midfield was dominating in the second half, non factor in the first.

Oneonta 12 CV 0- not a real shock

Alex K is a good player. Sure he whines and complained and playes a little dirty. Nobody would say anything about it if he was on vestal bc that defines almost every vestal player. He is a great scorer a with a supporting cast he should have a great season

Just because Economou was like this last year doesn't mean everyone on the team is like that. The team this year is very well disciplined and will have very few yellow cards and won't complain much unless the ref is a complete idiot...

He is always at the dome working with kids because thats his job, he runs a soccer skills training business. His training will help, but coaching skills and building a HS team are very different things. It will be interesting to see how long until his first parent controversy that only the kids who pay him in the off-season get to start etc..

As for ME being the best team in the league, I can't seeing them passing Vestal this year they just don't have the same depth of talent.

Serious conflict of interest that could only take place at one school, ME.

Riley is certainly capable of doing a nice job I just hope he doesn't have to deal with the craziness.

Serious conflict of interest that could only take place at one school, ME.

Riley is certainly capable of doing a nice job I just hope he doesn't have to deal with the craziness.

Most coaches have to deal with "craziness", it's how they deal with that makes them good or bad coaches. Especially in high school soccer. It's so much more than X's and O's. Coaches have to be good tacticians, organized, and know how to treat each player individually.

Just because Economou was like this last year doesn't mean everyone on the team is like that. The team this year is very well disciplined and will have very few yellow cards and won't complain much unless the ref is a complete idiot...

I've been a ref in the STAC area for the past 10 years and I've never had a problem with Economu with calls. Vestal players that I have frequently had problems with over the past 2-3 years were Hoover and the Rocco brothers. I can't call a foul on them without them arguing.

Archived