2011 STAC Boys Soccer

DarkManX14

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so is Oneonta that good or is CV tha bad? I was a littles schocked by the score with the history of CV at least being competitive.

Honestly I've seen both teams play its not really ether... CV has definitely taken a step back, there at a point where they had to scratch their JV program but honestly there not getting shut out 12-0 bad, and likewise Oneonta is a good team but not that dominating of a team they lost an earlier scrimmage to UE... 6-2 i believe? I think it'd been interesting to see the game to see what happened cause i know that Oneonta isnt THAT good and CV isnt THAT bad.

My bad it was 4-2...

A few people told me that Oneonta got up 2-0 less than 10 minutes in and started to sub very liberally, UE kept its first team together to get a win. I saw them do the same thing against SV, starters scored 3 on the SV secnd team and acted like they had done something impressive. Oneonta is at least 5 goals better than CV, and that program is struggling.

I've been a ref in the STAC area for the past 10 years and I've never had a problem with Economu with calls. Vestal players that I have frequently had problems with over the past 2-3 years were Hoover and the Rocco brothers. I can't call a foul on them without them arguing.

Hoover can complain a little bit sometimes but he usually does get hacked pretty bad and refs give him bad fouls. The Rocco brothers definitely do their share of complaining and the funny thing is the one that is by far worse is much dirtier and complains and whines much more

Guest The Man

UE outshot them about 17-4. Certainly a game UE shouldve/couldve won, but their finishing was lacking. Otherwise a good game but their attack needs serious work; every shot was off target or right at the goalie. Great props to the Seton boys they worked hard and stuck in the whole game to take advantage of UEs poor day. Watch to see if they can't pull something out this year.

Elmira vs. UE today, guess we will see.

question is how long will it take for elmira to gel as a unit? two differenct schools playing together for the first time. there could be an adjustment period so UE better take advantage early in the season.

UE will not stop Alex V. Expect that he will have at least 2 goals. If UE is smart they will put someone on him that can physically handle him, if the defender is weaker he may have more than 2 goals. Get him frustrated and he will be carded early.

ME-1 Horseheads-0 (2OT) Horseheads had a little more possesition but ME had better oppurunities. Even game till 2nd half of overtime which ME dominated until they scored. Great physical game to both teams

EFA lost a very good soccer player in Nick Lian and a couple of other very good soccer players so the team will probably be just as good as last year since Elmira southside really had no good players and it would take a couple of years for Coach Hamilton to develop them and turn them into freaky good soccer players

UE 2 Elmira 1 Not sure who the main forward is for Elmira, but I am shocked he did not get tossed tonight with the way he talked to the refs. He needs a pacifier, maybe that will help with all of his crying to the refs

UE 2 Elmira 1 Not sure who the main forward is for Elmira, but I am shocked he did not get tossed tonight with the way he talked to the refs. He needs a pacifier, maybe that will help with all of his crying to the refs

Great match to watch. Seemed U-E dominated the first half and took a 2-0 lead into the break, but Elmira made some changes and controlled the second half.

Elmira seemed to be the overall better team, but they just couldn't get it going until the second half. Seems like they are still coming together. U-E was a pleasant suprise though. Much better than orginally thought.

Elmira seemed to be the overall better team, but they just couldn't get it going until the second half. Seems like they are still coming together. U-E was a pleasant suprise though. Much better than orginally thought.

UE dominated the first half, and then Elmira did the first 15 or 20 minutes of the second half. But, UE was the better team, the defense stayed on track, and the offense hustled and they played like a team. They will only get better.

U-E appeared stronger than Elmira. UE dominated the first half and most of the second half, although the beginning of the second half was weak for them. UE is strong defensively and getting better every day offensively. Their real tests will be Vestal and Ithaca. We'll see...

Great match to watch. Seemed U-E dominated the first half and took a 2-0 lead into the break, but Elmira made some changes and controlled the second half.

Not sure what game you were at but this match was painful to watch. The Elmira star player is awful- whines, cheap shots, and not impressive in any way. The UE team was scrappy but there was no organization at all, double sweeper and 3 backs in front of them is what I saw from the stands for a lot of the game. Ithaca and Vestal will be happy to see these teams if their performances last night were the best they have.

on schedule today

Oneonta vs C Forks

Sv vs. Owego

Predictions anyone? post winner w scores

Lets see.. CV beats Windsor by 2-->Windsor beats Forks by 2--> Oneonta beats CV by 11--> hmmm tough call there but I going to guess Oneonta by a lot over Forks

Not sure what game you were at but this match was painful to watch. The Elmira star player is awful- whines, cheap shots, and not impressive in any way. The UE team was scrappy but there was no organization at all, double sweeper and 3 backs in front of them is what I saw from the stands for a lot of the game. Ithaca and Vestal will be happy to see these teams if their performances last night were the best they have.

Sit closer next time, you'll see better.

Archived