• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vestal 2-1 over UE

CV 2-1 over forks

Ithaca 3-1 over ME

Corning 2-1 over Bing

Owego 4-0 over norwich

No pick on the Elmira match? You left out a game last time too...

Vestal wins 2-0 over Elmira. So far you've been horribly wrong on both predictions.

i wouldn't say he was completely wrong because vestal could have easily won by more than 4 goals...they dominated possession and shots. Express had one shot and 0 on target vestal missed many easy chances that should have been finished. possesion was probably 85-15 atleast

i wouldn't say he was completely wrong because vestal could have easily won by more than 4 goals...they dominated possession and shots. Express had one shot and 0 on target vestal missed many easy chances that should have been finished. possesion was probably 85-15 atleast

Regardless of what the shots were, the final score was 2-0. EFA has always been more of a counterattacking team who likes to sit in defensively. Obviously, they are less talented than Vestal and probably less talented than most of the teams they play. If you ask me, the coach made a great decision on is choice of play. If it's the same coach that has been at EFA the past few seasons, the system he teaches obviously works.

What system is that, sit back, pray and lose?

In the last 5 seasons, EFA has won the division twice, the entire STAC conference once, won two sectional titles, appeared in the section final three times, and finished ranked in the state four of those five seasons. I'd say they are a pretty successful program considering the majority of thier games were played against schools much bigger than they are.

In the last 5 seasons, EFA has won the division twice, the entire STAC conference once, won two sectional titles, appeared in the section final three times, and finished ranked in the state four of those five seasons. I'd say they are a pretty successful program considering the majority of thier games were played against schools much bigger than they are.

I've seen EFA play a number of times and they are a more defensive team, but I woudln't call it sitting back. They play a zonal, flat back system and they are the only school in the area to use it. Most coaches have no idea how to teach the system, but it seems to work for EFA.

Guest soccer fan

Composure all over the field even when mistakes were made they were dealt with, and honestly Rood is going to score goals the fact other guys are stepping up should worry teams. Hope the kid that left in an ambulance is ok, took a hard fall after a bad foul breakaway from behind tackle and player was lucky not to be sent off.

From what I heard it appears to be a season ending injury to one of the starters at SV. He is one of the top players for SV. Too bad he is lost for the season for a lazy stupid foul. Good luck to him in his recovery as he is only a Soph. so hopefully we will see him back on the pitch next season.

Were any games played today?

Yes, of course. Vestal/UE in their wet suits and diving gear under 8 feet of water at UE Stadium. Couldn't see any of it through the murky water, so can't say who won.

Yes, of course. Vestal/UE in their wet suits and diving gear under 8 feet of water at UE Stadium. Couldn't see any of it through the murky water, so can't say who won.

What a classic response. Maybe the OP is under water or on another planet.... LOL

From what I heard it appears to be a season ending injury to one of the starters at SV. He is one of the top players for SV. Too bad he is lost for the season for a lazy stupid foul. Good luck to him in his recovery as he is only a Soph. so hopefully we will see him back on the pitch next season.

sorry to hear that he is lost for the year. Good luck on the recovery. Does anyone know who he is and what the injury was. I am sure whoever it is will not get a get well card from the JC coach. He is quite a tool.

sorry to hear that he is lost for the year. Good luck on the recovery. Does anyone know who he is and what the injury was. I am sure whoever it is will not get a get well card from the JC coach. He is quite a tool.

How so?

Well SV has cancelled all school and sports until Sept 19, so their schedule will be really crowded after that. Owego is likely in the same type of situation, JC as well since their school buildings are being used for evacuation shelters. STAC Central looks like its a hard hit group with this flood, hope all the players and families are safe

Well SV has cancelled all school and sports until Sept 19, so their schedule will be really crowded after that. Owego is likely in the same type of situation, JC as well since their school buildings are being used for evacuation shelters. STAC Central looks like its a hard hit group with this flood, hope all the players and families are safe

SV is not shut down till the 19th it was wrong by the news. They should be starting Tues. or Wed.

Anybody know when the games rained out will be made up?

No dates until all the schools are back SV, Vestal, Owego etc are still no school UE should have been but the superintendent is an idiot who doesn't value people. Lots of areas still dealing with the damage they just got to survey, little to no parking available at HS and roads still closed but she forces school back. Add in the fact UE lost use of turf and McGuiness is not useable, JC lost Green Field, CV lost Ots. North, Bing lost MacArthur (they were using), Seton loses BC United as they can't get there road wise, lot of stuff to get sorted out before things can get set back up

No dates until all the schools are back SV, Vestal, Owego etc are still no school UE should have been but the superintendent is an idiot who doesn't value people. Lots of areas still dealing with the damage they just got to survey, little to no parking available at HS and roads still closed but she forces school back. Add in the fact UE lost use of turf and McGuiness is not useable, JC lost Green Field, CV lost Ots. North, Bing lost MacArthur (they were using), Seton loses BC United as they can't get there road wise, lot of stuff to get sorted out before things can get set back up

UE is back because everyone needed to get back to normal. Those who could, were able to get to school. Those who can't, we all understand. AGM is usable as are the BC United fields. The fields are accessible by a pedestrian walkway behind the fire station. People can park on Day Hollow and walk across. And, no parking? then do what I did, and told my son he couldn't drive and he needed to take the bus or I could drop him off.

At times like this, stop the whining and adapt and move on.

UE is back because everyone needed to get back to normal. Those who could, were able to get to school. Those who can't, we all understand. AGM is usable as are the BC United fields. The fields are accessible by a pedestrian walkway behind the fire station. People can park on Day Hollow and walk across. And, no parking? then do what I did, and told my son he couldn't drive and he needed to take the bus or I could drop him off.

At times like this, stop the whining and adapt and move on.

Seton has been told they have no access or use for BC United, you are wrong there.

As for UE needing to get back to normal, stop down to Merserau Park area today and get things back to normal. I am headed back to help a family friend after 12 hours of hard work yesterday. Her daughter is a junior at UE, but she won't be at classes because she has to choose what parts of her life to salvage. Why do you think Vestal is out today? They know too many kids are affected and forcing them to choose helping out at home or with friends or going to class is a stupid thing to do. You call this whining? Its called compassion for people who lost everything, this isn't a time for a hard ass approach.

Guest quaMeme numeral)

Seton has been told they have no access or use for BC United, you are wrong there.

As for UE needing to get back to normal, stop down to Merserau Park area today and get things back to normal. I am headed back to help a family friend after 12 hours of hard work yesterday. Her daughter is a junior at UE, but she won't be at classes because she has to choose what parts of her life to salvage. Why do you think Vestal is out today? They know too many kids are affected and forcing them to choose helping out at home or with friends or going to class is a stupid thing to do. You call this whining? Its called compassion for people who lost everything, this isn't a time for a hard ass approach.

There are pockets of people who were devastated, yes Merearau plus Glendale, West Corners, and Grippen, but the majority of UE is ready to go back to school. In times like this, getting back to a normal routine is what is needed for most people, especially children--ask any expert. For those tragically affected, yes, they need to do what they have to do, and no one will fault them--like what the poster stated. Having kids sit in homes without electricity does no one any good, having kids sit at home when their house (thank God) has not been affected does no one any good, having kids sit in homes flooded out while their parents are scrambling does no one any good.

so yes, stop whining. Stress is high, and we have all been pitching in, and helping, but for those people who can, they need to pick up and move on.

There are pockets of people who were devastated, yes Merearau plus Glendale, West Corners, and Grippen, but the majority of UE is ready to go back to school. In times like this, getting back to a normal routine is what is needed for most people, especially children--ask any expert. For those tragically affected, yes, they need to do what they have to do, and no one will fault them--like what the poster stated. Having kids sit in homes without electricity does no one any good, having kids sit at home when their house (thank God) has not been affected does no one any good, having kids sit in homes flooded out while their parents are scrambling does no one any good.

so yes, stop whining. Stress is high, and we have all been pitching in, and helping, but for those people who can, they need to pick up and move on.

Your are forcing kids out of school and out of sports by making the choice understand that. FYI the kids had been in school all of 1 day so their normal routine was actually to be at home all the time still. Some districts kids have still yet to go to school at all because they weren't in until Thursday.

Its a poor choice by a super who already was facing charges by not listening to the fire chiefs and disaster officials when they told her to move kids out of AGM Day 1 and she didn't so they had to go to the school and tell the principal to evacuate within 15 minutes or kids lives were at risk. Thankfully the principal listened and kids were kept safe.

I've seen EFA play a number of times and they are a more defensive team, but I woudln't call it sitting back. They play a zonal, flat back system and they are the only school in the area to use it. Most coaches have no idea how to teach the system, but it seems to work for EFA.

Vestal plays with a flat back with 4 across and they still manage to score goals and shut down teams

Vestal plays with a flat back with 4 across and they still manage to score goals and shut down teams

Vestal does NOT play with a flat back four. Murphy wouldn't know how to teach that system if he had world cup players on his team. They have played stopper/sweeper for as long as i've been around.

Archived