Seton Buffer Basketball Thread 2011-2012

Guest Guest

Guest Tony looking for work

If what was said above is true then I would have a serious problem with this if I were a high ranking Seton official. If this can be proven, I submit that these are grounds for dismissal or at a very minimum - disciplinary action should be taken by the school. What that says is it's not about the kids at all for him - it's purely for his own ego (coaching success).

Needs a huge priority check.

Can't say this about Cook - he's out there working with schools to get his kids full / partial scholarships - what ever is available to them.

Let's hire Tony Lindsey as a coach, he says he has contacts with college coaches.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and they have 0 division 1 talent, maybe a D1 player if they want to sit on the bench for 4 years.

You had it right the first time, nobody at Seton has D1 talent. Marginal D3 maybe.

Does anyone think that seton stands any chance in the national bracket at the dwi tournament? My opinion is that they are going to get crushed both games and leave the tournament feeling pretty embarrased.

Guest SaintsLover

Does anyone think that seton stands any chance in the national bracket at the dwi tournament? My opinion is that they are going to get crushed both games and leave the tournament feeling pretty embarrased.

with the great coaching and pure genius of chris sinicki, assisted by the oustanding duo of ryan mcmanus and ang depersiis, seton will be more than able to deal with the national bracket competition, and more than likely dominate everyone

Guest santa claws

with the great coaching and pure genius of chris sinicki, assisted by the oustanding duo of ryan mcmanus and ang depersiis, seton will be more than able to deal with the national bracket competition, and more than likely dominate everyone

you are kidding,,,right??

reply to franky...you need a spanky...seton does not play maine endwell..the spartans play only AA basketball teams..the saints on the other hand play such legendary basketball powers as..forks, windsor,cv and perhaps the point..a state playoff game with our darlings against jd from syracuse..any doubt as to the outcome?? looking from a answer from the postor who declared seton has three div one players...

I believe ME is an 'A' school so for Seton to make it out of section 4 they will have to get by them. With the easy schedule Seton has they will not be prepared.

I believe ME is an 'A' school so for Seton to make it out of section 4 they will have to get by them. With the easy schedule Seton has they will not be prepared.

Not insulting ME but Seton is going to play the national division of stop dwi. First game is against st thomas aquinas, a team with a few future d1 football players. The seniors have played against many good teams and play AAU. I just don't think ME will blow Seton away with talent. Also it's not like ME plays in a MUCH tougher teams than Seton does.

Not insulting ME but Seton is going to play the national division of stop dwi. First game is against st thomas aquinas, a team with a few future d1 football players. The seniors have played against many good teams and play AAU. I just don't think ME will blow Seton away with talent. Also it's not like ME plays in a MUCH tougher teams than Seton does.

M-E is a year away. They'll be decent this year, not great. The STAC is very weak this year (Binghamton might be the only exception). Seton should win Section IV because the competition isn't great but will get blown out once they leave the section.

M-E is a year away. They'll be decent this year, not great. The STAC is very weak this year (Binghamton might be the only exception). Seton should win Section IV because the competition isn't great but will get blown out once they leave the section.

Is ME playing AA this year? Their schedule is all AA schools I believe.

Don't know details but from what I understand he broke a team rule. Sometime's it's alot more than basketball and more about life lessions. I commend a discission like that by a coach in that situation. You don't see it much any more.

Guest fact checker

kevin stevens objectivity lessens the further he gets away from seton high school.. his account of seton getting blown out last nite was laughable..they get beat by 15..get outscored 35 to 15 in the second half, and he makes it sound like mt vernon was lucky to beat his home town saints... kevin..pressure oriented teams wear you down..they dont beat you in the first quarter..they get you later..like 35 to 15...tell it like it was..torto.. a good but certainly not elite player..was in the game scoring points or padding his stats..with seton down15..did the coach have any players that did not play?? seton is a nice LOCAL team..will battle bingo for LOCAL dominance..which is fine.. but to glorify a loss and sinicki obviously bought in ... is sports version of hicksville..and k stevens is mayor of mayberry..

kevin stevens objectivity lessens the further he gets away from seton high school.. his account of seton getting blown out last nite was laughable..they get beat by 15..get outscored 35 to 15 in the second half, and he makes it sound like mt vernon was lucky to beat his home town saints... kevin..pressure oriented teams wear you down..they dont beat you in the first quarter..they get you later..like 35 to 15...tell it like it was..torto.. a good but certainly not elite player..was in the game scoring points or padding his stats..with seton down15..did the coach have any players that did not play?? seton is a nice LOCAL team..will battle bingo for LOCAL dominance..which is fine.. but to glorify a loss and sinicki obviously bought in ... is sports version of hicksville..and k stevens is mayor of mayberry..

If you have any knowledge of the game of basketball - you would understand Mr. Stevens assessment. Clearly, you are a bitter jealous person intent on discrediting Stevens, Sinicki, Torto, and local basketball in general. Perhaps this makes you feel better in your pathetic little world - but understand that most of us see you for what you really are. Now to clarify some things ...

1. The final margin was not indicative of the closeness of the game. You give #s that anyone could read from the boxscore (Awesome insight lady ).

2. Torto more than held his own with the MV players and I'm sure that any college scouts in attendance took note of that. Truth be told - as MV cranked up the pressure - it became obvious that he was Seton's primary option on offense if they were to have any chance of beating MV and his teammates knew this. He was not "padding his stats" and if you were there you would have seen this. If you did witness the game - then you have a poor understanding of the sport.

3. I love the "did everyone play" comment - nice touch mom ...

One side note on the game : I felt Sinicki made a huge mistake at the end of the 3rd quarter when Seton held a 41-35 lead with just over a minute remaining. He took out 4 starters and left Smothers in. MV scored 2 quick baskets and cut the lead to 41-39 while Smothers picked up his 4th foul. I felt it was a terrible move at the time and it proved to be the spark that MV needed. Pulling Torto, Armstrong, Martin, etc even for that one minute was costly. They had worked and scrapped and clawed with the relentless MV pressure and were focused and adjusted to that style of play. Taking nothing away from the kids that came in off the bench, just felt he owed it to the starters to keep them in and defend the lead that they worked so hard to build. I'm thinking you missed that segment of the game based on your "everyone plays" mentality.

Guest SCC MOM

I have to question the coach and his staff to enter our kids in this tournament in the national bracket. 3 elite teams in 3 days is just way to much for our team. The Coach knew this going in, but like always with him, ego gets in the way.

I have to question the coach and his staff to enter our kids in this tournament in the national bracket. 3 elite teams in 3 days is just way to much for our team. The Coach knew this going in, but like always with him, ego gets in the way.

They were ASKED to switch to National. BHS was tired of getting whacked every year. Mr. Westphal can verify.

Don't you get tired of them playing the same old teams all the time. This was a great opportunity to play some upper level teams. Great job team!

Guest fact checker

i have been attacked by a local literary giant..in disagreeing with my post , he assailed its content thusly...i am a bitter jealous person, i live in a pathetic world,i was not at the event i reported on...i was...i have a poor understanding of the topic..apparently his is much better since we differ...he twice reffered to me as being female..mom..etc a insult? a insinuation only males should have knowledge in this area?? or penis envy??now a little about my post..seton got beat in a game?? they lost ..period..some found solace in the closeness of the loss..a moral victory of sorts..i did not, and never do...the seton coach was losing the game by fifteen points..there was a minute to play..his star..a good player was still in the game..i believe and please correct me if i was wrong..there were seton players who did not play... i question why?..the next day, again .. in a game for LAST PLACE..seton players did not PLAY.. just asking... i believe it has to cross the minds of their parents as well..

Guest SaintLove

it is dumb to say these bad things about coach sinicki and the seton players, i thought they played great, i am so proud of them. they would have won all the games if the refs weren't so bad, they were calling everything against us, we could not get any calls. did you see how many times the other team kept pushing our guys to the floor, and they wouldn't call fouls on the other team? i know seton can play and beat anyone, as long as they put their minds to it. seton kids remember, you guys rock!

and our coaches are the best, to, so if you say they are not you are just being silly, so so silly... coach sinicki is always yelling and showing everyone that he is a great coach on the bench, he does that every game, and i think he is the tops... for shame on you people jealous of seton, that is just so wrong!

Archived