Seton Buffer Basketball Thread 2011-2012

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Need thick skin and an understanding of the game that comes from both playing, watching, and studying (the rules - changes - point of emphasis - etc). All in all, I feel the local chapter does and adequate job at the HS level. My biggest beef(s) are when a referee is not in the proper position to make the call (inexcusable), or when a call is clearly anticipated. It happens though - even at the D1 college level, one need to look no further than Jimm Burr and Tim Higgins in the BE to see both situation occur. Bottom line - if the game is moving to fast for you - it's time to step down and let a younger official move in. When there is money involved (guys count on the paycheck) this becomes a difficult task.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Let's finally move on from the ME game....Do you think that Seton will have a chance against Tappan Zee out of Section 1? From what i saw, they are undeafted, but looking at their roster and some video, I wasn't very impressed. They must be pretty good to have won their section and that usually is some good basketball down in the Westchester area.

Based on sccs last few games, I think they will really struggle. They need Torto to step up and get back to having 20 or more, and then Somthers will have to do the same. With at least one other guy stepping up too. I think they lose by 5-10, just a guess. If martin doesn't play, I think they will lose by 10-15.

Guest guest

Let's finally move on from the ME game....Do you think that Seton will have a chance against Tappan Zee out of Section 1? From what i saw, they are undeafted, but looking at their roster and some video, I wasn't very impressed. They must be pretty good to have won their section and that usually is some good basketball down in the Westchester area.

Based on sccs last few games, I think they will really struggle. They need Torto to step up and get back to having 20 or more, and then Somthers will have to do the same. With at least one other guy stepping up too. I think they lose by 5-10, just a guess. If martin doesn't play, I think they will lose by 10-15.

Tappan Zee is probably no Binghamton, but I have a feeling its going to look alot like that game of a couple weeks ago. They are not going to be a ME Football Cinderella story methinks. Good season for them though nonetheless.

Guest Guest

According to the paper, seton is preparing to play without Martin. That will make things a lot more difficult, they really missed him against ME in the sectional championship. They really lacked anyone to bring the ball up for the court safely and make quality passes. Nonetheless, I think that Seton will have a decent chance at winning this game, playing in front of a "home crowd" should certainly help out, and even though tapan zee hasn't lost, they don't seem to be a real powerhouse.

Guest Guest

According to the paper, seton is preparing to play without Martin. That will make things a lot more difficult, they really missed him against ME in the sectional championship. They really lacked anyone to bring the ball up for the court safely and make quality passes. Nonetheless, I think that Seton will have a decent chance at winning this game, playing in front of a "home crowd" should certainly help out, and even though tapan zee hasn't lost, they don't seem to be a real powerhouse.

Have no fear if the officials are local they will start blowing the whistle for Torto and Somthers to march to the foul line as soon as the Tappan Zee Bus hits the Broome County border.

Guest GUEST

Let's go Seton!!! watched some of tapan zees semifinal game on youtube, they can definitely be beat. they look very similar to seton. i think it'll come down to whatever team can hit the 3!! seton by 6!!

Guest halo-less

Let's go Seton!!! watched some of tapan zees semifinal game on youtube, they can definitely be beat. they look very similar to seton. i think it'll come down to whatever team can hit the 3!! seton by 6!!

woe is me..the saints were thrashed..the almost beat mt vernon..hang your hat on team..played a team with a bridge connotation..unfortunately for the saints it wasnt ultimate patsy chenango..what a embarrassment..can not wait for the kevin s excuses for his little darlings..good bye three div bball players..says who??..good bye six nine post player.. the aints will reload, you can rest assured...recruiting will begin..who is next years..johnson? next years skep?? stay tuned..

Guest guest

woe is me..the saints were thrashed..the almost beat mt vernon..hang your hat on team..played a team with a bridge connotation..unfortunately for the saints it wasnt ultimate patsy chenango..what a embarrassment..can not wait for the kevin s excuses for his little darlings..good bye three div bball players..says who??..good bye six nine post player.. the aints will reload, you can rest assured...recruiting will begin..who is next years..johnson? next years skep?? stay tuned..

just remember it is ok for sinicki to recruit, since he is so important and self-rightous, but if another program recruits, especially football, then that coach is in the $hithouse, especially if slimeball politicians get involved. can't wait to see seton re-load in hoops, they have so much talent in their pipeline

Guest guest

Kevin Stevens is coiled up in the fetal position with his thumb in his mouth in the newsroom. No sports section in the P&SB tomorrow

Guest Guest

At least Sinicki showed enough class to take Torto out with a little time on the clock and let him get a well earned ovation like he did his other seniors.... or not at all. Classless move by Sinicki to Torto, does he not like the kid or something?

Guest Guest

Recruit or not, it's gunna be a while before SCC is good again.

Guest fact checker

Kevin Stevens is coiled up in the fetal position with his thumb in his mouth in the newsroom. No sports section in the P&SB tomorrow

the saints halo polisher did not dissapoint..the obligatory torto photo..and this to depict a ..51 to 27 game..seton falters in second half..why not depict the whole game ?.. it was a rout..plain and simple..seton could not score more than nine points in any quarter..why glorify one shot indian, when you lost a regiment??kevin whether it is mt vernon or whitney point , they play thirty two minutes for the outcome..not sixteen..would guess no sec four refs..or not all..torto is usually gifted at least five undeserved free ones a game.. not last nite..back lash from spartan shaft??. seton was over rated and undercoached..

Guest Guest

Recruit or not, it's gunna be a while before SCC is good again.

Don't underestimate the value of just a couple of kids. Their JV's were decent, not close to the best in the STAC but decent. If you want to see what adding just 1 really good kid does for a program look at Binghamton this year. 1 or 2 kids is all it takes to make a big difference. Take any of the top programs in the STAC and let them add 1 more quality kid and it makes a huge difference.

Guest Guest

SINicki's comments said a lot. Basically said the other team wanted it more than his.

"All we can ask at halftime is that the game is there for us -- and it was there for us. So, I'm going to credit Tappan Zee for coming out in the second half and taking it right away and going out and winning the game. Because it was there for both of us."

It also sounds like his kids have been reading too many Kevin Stevens articles and actually believe they are as talented as he's been telling us. No movement, no ball movement. Hey look at me, I'm great and will beat you one-on-one.

"Against a team like this, when you don't have great player movement and you don't have great ball movement, you're just playing right into their hands," Sinicki said.

Guest guest

SINicki's comments said a lot. Basically said the other team wanted it more than his.

"All we can ask at halftime is that the game is there for us -- and it was there for us. So, I'm going to credit Tappan Zee for coming out in the second half and taking it right away and going out and winning the game. Because it was there for both of us."

It also sounds like his kids have been reading too many Kevin Stevens articles and actually believe they are as talented as he's been telling us. No movement, no ball movement. Hey look at me, I'm great and will beat you one-on-one.

"Against a team like this, when you don't have great player movement and you don't have great ball movement, you're just playing right into their hands," Sinicki said.

Translation: I coached great, it's the players that screwed up. Blame them, not me, I'm the great Chris Sinicki, the players lost it, not me.

Guest guest

At least Sinicki showed enough class to take Torto out with a little time on the clock and let him get a well earned ovation like he did his other seniors.... or not at all. Classless move by Sinicki to Torto, does he not like the kid or something?

When you play at Seton, you will do what Chris Sinicki tells you, and you will keep your mouth shut and your parents will keep their mouths shut too. And you should know that Chris Sinicki is always right, you have no business questioning him, so you are to stfu, he is supreme and you are lucky just to be in his presence. And if you don't like what Chris Sinicki does, go complain to the athletic director, and see how far that gets you, he has said that to me and friends many times.

Guest Guest

When you play at Seton, you will do what Chris Sinicki tells you, and you will keep your mouth shut and your parents will keep their mouths shut too. And you should know that Chris Sinicki is always right, you have no business questioning him, so you are to stfu, he is supreme and you are lucky just to be in his presence. And if you don't like what Chris Sinicki does, go complain to the athletic director, and see how far that gets you, he has said that to me and friends many times.

He sucked in everything when he was in school. He is living out his dream.

Guest guest

sounds like the guy needs to grow up a little bit huh?

Translation: I coached great, it's the players that screwed up. Blame them, not me, I'm the great Chris Sinicki, the players lost it, not me.

Guest guest

Siniki is a terrible coach, and should learn a different offense other than flex. maybe if he wasnt so locked in on his own ideas than he'd be persuaded to change the offense because it wasnt working at all in the tenacious defense of Tappen Zee

Guest saintforever

Siniki is a terrible coach, and should learn a different offense other than flex. maybe if he wasnt so locked in on his own ideas than he'd be persuaded to change the offense because it wasnt working at all in the tenacious defense of Tappen Zee

how dare you say that about mr sinicki!!!!!!!!!! you are really a aweful person, you should not say things like that about mr sinicki, he is a very important man and deserves respect he is one of the best coachs ever, he proves it everytime seton plays, he is always yelling and screaming during the games and that proofs that he is a great coach. besides he tells every one what they should do because he is so good and smart. you are oveousley not a real seton person, or you would not say negitive things about mr sinicki. hopfully mr sinicki will not read these bad things about him so that he will not be sad and mad

Guest Guest

Don't underestimate the value of just a couple of kids. Their JV's were decent, not close to the best in the STAC but decent. If you want to see what adding just 1 really good kid does for a program look at Binghamton this year. 1 or 2 kids is all it takes to make a big difference. Take any of the top programs in the STAC and let them add 1 more quality kid and it makes a huge difference.

You people need to stop if you don't know what your talking about. First off the JV's where not the best in STAC but did prity well. Who was the best...Binghamton< Seton was up 7 at half and 11 at one point in the 3rd during the STAC semi's. They did lose that game by 4 but had a chance to win. The only other losses they had where to a one lose Norwich team, a JC team that they split with and Elmira that gave Binghamton there only loss. Second... this is fact: 98% of student athleats at Seton have been in Catholic schools from grade 3 on. Recruit? Who? Tim Zagert, Jarell Regan..... Ya thats who they want to recruit. They did have Greg Jhonson but he came to Seton, Seton did't come to him. If Seton recruited that I think they would go after talent a little bit better that what has transfered in. Jhonson is the only player that has had a big impact on the basketball program in Sinikis 13 years.

You want to talk about recruit....... How does Rose end up at Binghamton? Why do you worrie about little Seton? Because they are much smaller that you and still win. Does this make you mad or even jealous? Your right... One player can make a difference and Rose did for Binghamton as he would of for any team he was on. The fact is he ended up a Binghamton because his father didn't want him at UE any more and binghamton made it known that he would be a good fit. You can tell me different but Rose was recruited by Binghamton. This happens alot more that people think... look at Binghamton and UE football.

I have one suggestion to Seton.... If they are going to continue to say you do it and continue to move you up in class cause of it..... Than Start recruiting!

Archived